It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching CBS news right not. Mr. Obama?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Perhaps the 2 interviewers were , and have been , Clinton supporters. This would be a "dig" against a current President.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I've been hearing presidents referred to interchangeably as Mr. and President for at least 20 years.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

He resigned as President as I posted in a thread yesterday.

Times are changing fast!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: xuenchen

I've been hearing presidents referred to interchangeably as Mr. and President for at least 20 years.

Yeah it is not uncommon. People tend to change things up a bit and not say President in every sentence. I have also seen President often just referred to by last names when commentators are talking. Just Bush, Obama, Reagan etc.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Depends on when you caught the telecast. If you were in the middle, it was probably "Mr Obama" as the proper title was given as the beginning of the segment as "Mr. President..."

This is wholly acceptable in print and television.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
This may be nothing, but seems odd to me. While watching CBS news, they keep calling Obama "Mr. " and not "President", is that normal? I see past presidents referred to as "President", long after their term.

I reckon its either a subtle put down, or its the beginning of a new title change. Perhaps in the not too distant future what is now known as the office of president will be called the Chief Executive Officer or CEO.

Most change is implemented very slowly. I know some will argue that its the same dog different action and too suspicious but I've learned over the years how just a slight change in terminology can make a big impact on function and role.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I guess to be called president he would need to act like one.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Mr Obama

I have been hearing and took note of many useing this term from the beginning of his Presidency. Something I had never seen before.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

It was common for media people to say "Mr. Bush".

See now I never hard such I always heard them call him (them) President Bush.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
This may be nothing, but seems odd to me. While watching CBS news, they keep calling Obama "Mr. " and not "President", is that normal? I see past presidents referred to as "President", long after their term.

I just heard "W" being called president bush on TV stumping for jeb...not former, not mister, but, President Bush.....and he has been one of the worst Presidents we've had in modern times...in my opinion, of course....on the other hand, who gives a crap about this with everything else going on.
edit on 16-2-2016 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

completely agree that it's trivial, but I don't ever remember hearing anyone do this to any sitting president. I feel that Obummer is the worst we have seen, but being former military, I understand and respect the office and would never let my opinion degrade my military bearing. (or X as it were)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join