It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Floats Idea of a Third-Party Run Again (ABC News)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: darkbake
Wow, Trump actually signed the pledge not to run as a third party? I think if he ran as a third-party candidate, it would be a great mess for the Republicans.

Indeed. A great mess for the Republicans, but good, I think, in the long-run for the American people.

Only if you don't see Bloomberg and Bernie coming, after the DNC steals the nom for Hillary. Not a mess there, eh ?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray
well, decrying both Trump and Cruz doesn't make you look like much of a conservative OR GOP.

I've never been a political party member. I vote for the PERSON, not a party.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Wow, Trump actually signed the pledge not to run as a third party? I think if he ran as a third-party candidate, it would be a great mess for the Republicans.

Indeed. A great mess for the Republicans, but good, I think, in the long-run for the American people.

Only if you don't see Bloomberg and Bernie coming, after the DNC steals the nom for Hillary. Not a mess there, eh ?

Thank you for your comments, Stevie -- actually, we've discussed those possibilities earlier in the thread.

I'd like to kindly request that you stay on the topic here, which is, the implications of a Trump Independent Run for President.

Your opinions about other members and trying to bait others politically into arguments are not on topic and are unwelcome.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Thank you for your comments, Stevie -- actually, we've discussed those possibilities earlier in the thread.

I'd like to kindly request that you stay on the topic here, which is, the implications of a Trump Independent Run for President.

Your opinions about other members and trying to bait others politically into arguments are not on topic and are unwelcome.

Your implications that Trump independent = GOP loss, is disproven by the likelihood of dem independents.

Geez, at least try, bro. Getting your way doesn't just overrule and dismiss logic and reason. There seems to be a spate of that gyration around here lately.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread, but here's an interesting take on the prospect of Donald running as an independent. It ends up with the GOP having 212 electoral votes and the Dems having 326. It's a nine minute video, but that's his results.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

I have not made any such claim. In point of fact, I suggested that a four-way race would send the matter to the House, which will likely pick the Republican ticket. When that happens, about 75% or so of the American voters will never forget it, and we might see actual change in this country.

Aside from that, may I ask again that you please stay on topic and leave your comments about other members out of discussion on this thread (again).

Thank you kindly.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Interesting. Thanks for the link.

No matter how this turns out, I hope we're going to see some very fundamental changes in the stranglehold of the "two-party system."

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I hope we're going to see some very fundamental changes in the stranglehold of the "two-party system."

I do, too! It's one reason I'd love to see Trump in an Independent run. It would break the hold, if only for one election cycle, but people would remember it when the next election comes. I don't remember anyone who could actually hope to make a difference before Trump. The rigid, two-party system keeps us from REALLY making a choice.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This is the real reason why you vote Trump, ow and watch the whole video otherwise you miss the point of it, which is in the ending few minutes:

How anyone can fall for his retoric bs is beyond me and to me Trump is the embodiment of how easy voters can be manipulated, especially in the US it seems.

And at the same time he is a symbol for the circus that your politics have become, explained so well in this rant thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... .

"American politics is ultimately, immature, silly, childlike and a deceptive game of ego. "

"Slogan ridden, unscientific, irrational, promise laden, deceptive and delusional concepts and solutions come forth from the candidates in droves."

And you all fall for this sleazy salesman, selling you his crappy TV.
edit on 201pm2944000000p86 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

(post by stevieray removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Anytime I hear the notion of a third party brought up I imagine the image of a cross between an elephant, and a donkey.

And it would called the Jackassphant party.

Which is why I have to pass on the idea.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Jackophant ?

The phonetics and imagery are quite exciting !

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I'd love to see Trump run. I'd love to see the DNC try to "Ron Paul" Bernie Sanders, and I hope he can mount an Independent run (as we've said). I also welcome Bloomburg and anyone else that wants to run ... because maybe, just maybe, as we've said, when the Republican House picks Cruz or Rubio or whoever their Ticket turns out to be ... maybe that will ignite the critical mass effect within the voting population.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Anytime I hear the notion of a third party brought up I imagine the image of a cross between an elephant, and a donkey.

And it would called the Jackassphant party.

Which is why I have to pass on the idea.

So you're comfortable with the American people being subjected every four years or so to the candidates chosen by professional politicians that prove time and time again to have no interest in dealing with the issues that are facing us as a nation? The extra-Constitutional "two party system" is just fine with you?

Fair enough. I'd have to disagree with your estimation.

I think the American people are ready for a change.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Well in a 'democracy' there can only be two parties.

By popular vote the 'majority' RULES.

The parties aren't the problem.

It's 'we the people'.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Hell I wouldn't care if he was a turd sack maggot on a gut wagon that never voted Conservative in his entire life. If he does half of what he says he's going to do, he's got my vote.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Well in a 'democracy' there can only be two parties.

Beg pardon? You may want to let the UK, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, etc. know that they aren't democracies in your book.

By popular vote the 'majority' RULES.

Yes, and? It's democracy you're against then?

The parties aren't the problem.

It's 'we the people'.

Beg to differ.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Hell I wouldn't care if he was a turd sack maggot on a gut wagon that never voted Conservative in his entire life. If he does half of what he says he's going to do, he's got my vote.

How do you think an Independent Trump run will affect the Presidential Race?

And do you see it changing the Republican party at all?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

How do you think an Independent Trump run will affect the Presidential Race?

And do you see it changing the Republican party at all?

I'm afraid that there will be some people that are too afraid to step away from their party line just yet, therefore giving the presidency to the Democratic candidate. I'm not afraid to step away, but I don't know how many other people have the balls to step away from party lines.

I sincerely hope that the Republican elites will see what the people want, and get over themselves and the person they want. Will this "revolution" change that? I just don't know brother.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Beg to differ all you want.

We have had a third party for decades. Called 'independent'.

And every election cycle boils down to either Red or BLue.

And the electoral process wouldn't work because no one could get the needed electoral votes.

Because they would be split nine different ways from sunday.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join