It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Floats Idea of a Third-Party Run Again (ABC News)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The news just keeps getting better and better!

Donald Trump - Third Party Run -- ABC News

At a town hall today in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, Donald Trump floated the idea -- without explicitly threatening to do so -- that he may run as an independent candidate.

Trump attacked the Republican National Committee, saying it "better get its act together" and it "does a terrible job." Trump said he believes the RNC treated him unfairly.

Trump also went off on the crowd that booed him during Saturday night's GOP debate in South Carolina: "Look at it, that was a wealthy room."

"The whole room was made of special interests and donors, which is a disgrace from the RNC," Trump said. "The RNC better get its act together because, you know, I signed a pledge. The pledge isn’t being honored by the RNC."

Trump signed an RNC pledge in September, agreeing not to run a third-party candidacy and to support the eventual Republican nominee.

"I signed a pledge, but it’s a double-edged pledge. As far as I’m concerned, they’re in default on their pledge," Trump said of the RNC.

Personally, I absolutely welcome this move on Mr. Trump's part. It is more than time to leave the Two Party System behind in this country. I don't agree with any of Mr. Trump's political stances to date ... but I certainly do approve of anything that gives the American people greater choices!

What do you think ATS?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This is Trump pulling out his trump card. He has a point. If you saw what happened Saturday night, it's evident that the deck was stacked. Now he just upped the ante. Will the RNC stand pat and call his bluff? Or will they fold?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If he runs third party, he hands the election over to who ever wins the DNC nomination.

But do agree that some one running outside of the GOP and DNC is a good thing. He won't be the first but I think the most popular in a while.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I say swell. And before you leave the Republican Party, kick over a few more chairs. Maybe pour some gasoline on the floor and light a match.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I'm liking Trump. I didn't like his speach about torture though but surely congress would get a vote on that. I like that he wants to work with Vlad Putin. I like that he wants to toss off the lobbyists and take control of the economy. He's probably just another stooge but at least he says things a lot of people think but don't dare say.

That in itself could be a conspiracy....

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Americans identifying as "Independent" now outnumber both Democrats and Republicans by a considerable margin.

Were he to move his political rhetoric toward center ... there is no doubt that he is more "interesting" than most of the other candidates ... it'll be fun to watch what happens ...

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Trump and Sanders as "3rd" and "4th" party candidates.

Then maybe nobody gets the 270 electoral votes?

What a scenario !!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
What would really be interesting is to see the election if both Trump and Sanders run as Independents. Then we can have a 4 way debate between Trump, Sanders, Clinton, and whoever wins the GOP nomination.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 15-2-2016 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Such a thing might even remind Americans why the House is so important in our system.

It'll be interesting to see for sure.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I recently started to agree with Trump on everything but the torture...

So anything he can do to destroy the right wing is a bonus from here.

Huzzah!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
he hands the election over to who ever wins the DNC nomination.

That has been obvious for awhile.

The GOP has been totally infiltrated by folks who can't spell conservative. Trump is merely the icing on the cake.

We don't have a two-party system. Haven't actually, for quite some time. It's us -vs- them. And we can't seem to ever get a candidate into the race. Thanks MSM.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

It's happened before....

Congress's Record in Choosing Presidents

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Hi Snarl. Good to hear from you!

In my verso of events…

Hillary: "Not yet, trump, Not yet. We have an agreement. Don't play my card just yet."

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

It's happened before....

I know it's a shocker ... but I was agreeing with what you said, Xeunch.

The House decides.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

One thing I will say about Mr. Trump ... he does know how to make the press jump like a trained poodle.

Comes from the entertainment background I think.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: xuenchen

It's happened before....

I know it's a shocker ... but I was agreeing with what you said, Xeunch.

The House decides.

Yes.

This is one topic we could probably agree on most facts.

I like it.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is all part of the plan. Relax. Hillary is way ahead of you. Trump has decimated the republican party and any survivors will face, a Trump and Hillary tag team. Didn't you know The Donald ,is a big Clinton contributor? His daughter is BFF's with Chelsea . Hilarious.
edit on 15-2-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: Coma for the Donald

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

He's been working the press since 1979, he knows it better than most. This is why also, you must read more deeply into some of what he does.

As to your OP, I believe that he should stick it out and not go third party. Not because it republican party is worth anything these days, but from the inside is the only way to solve the problems which exist.

The one thing Trump is doing, is making the problems with the RNC glaringly obvious, even to a child. I applaud him for that. For anyone paying attention, he is also making obvious the problems in media as well. Both things are necessary to begin to repair this nation.

Trump is doing exactly what he needs to do, and I think he is where he needs to be to do it most effectively.

S&F for a nice discussion.
edit on 15-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I want trump to run independent, and make " the good doctor " Ron Paul his running mate!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join