It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Strikes 3 Syrian Hospitals in One Day , Dozens are Believed Dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
In about 80 years time our descendants will be talking about the Great Arab Genocide and why every nation on Earth was involved.

I can think of one reason, but I don't feel like debating it.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I forgot to add it's strange for "mostly secular" fighters to be shouting "Allah Akbar" constantly.
Any organization (VICE news) that Rupert Murdoch and Disney invested over $100 million in and are the only organization to allow a reporter in to the main ISIS headquarters I DO NOT TRUST.
edit on 15-2-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

At the rate we as a species are going, in 80 years, about 500,000,000 of us will be left, and majority of them will be speaking madrian and building pyramids in south china for a new sun god.

You got some pretty trippy rose colored glasses to see better.

We can't even take care of one another as a collective whole, the handful of humanitarians and I mean the real ones actually doing something, not taking pictures of crying hungry kids and plopping a lollipop in their mouths and say thank you and leave ( if that ).

You should ask yourself, what will the future really look like, if we are to continue this way, we still are racist, sexist, deceived on more fronts than is imaginable. If the greatest minds speak of the future being the haves and the have nots, has much really changed?

Imagine the change we could accomplish, if we all collectively stayed home for a week, and took to social media stating, " We're tired as *(#& and we're not going to take it anymore ".

Stocks would drop, share holders would scream and demand change, we the people of the world will make our demands and agree to collectively die off or see to it that we are treated fairly. It's about time we use what great power we truly have, our shear numbers and ability to really see who we are... Humans.

We have the ability only if we see it and use it, otherwise it was just a good idea poorly executed.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

In Assads paraphrased words from an interview he gave the BBC last year

"Why would we blow up schools and hospitals, what purpose does it serve ? Why kill our own people, the people we need to like us in order to keep government and a healthy society ? Casualties happen though it's part of war"

Also haven't we seen Russia accused of bombing hospitals before, only it turned out those same hospitals were still standing ?

I'm not sure, but is this story in the OP linked to this story of Russia and US arguing over who is bombing what ?

Russia and US trade accusations over bombing hospitals and MSF facility in Syria

Washington and Moscow blamed each other for air strikes that hit hospitals in Aleppo, while the US denied killing three people at an MSF hospital in Tafas

It's getting to the point where nobody really knows what the hell is going on in Syria now

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
good job russia are bombing the same country.
otherwise we would be calling it 'collateral damage' or 'friendly fire'.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
All information about this come from Turkey, so I don't believe a word they say.

Well, there are now plenty of sources including MSF and others.

Strangely, RT.com at this minute are strangely muted on this terrible story. The Russian State owned and controlled press is quite silent on the growing consensus of the massive civilian casualties being inflicted by Russian warplanes all over Syria.

This is very sad. Inserting Russia into Syria is benefitting no one except Assad, who would be quite pleased to remove large swathes of his population that he deems traitors.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

No, they are just reporting this (des)information. The one and only source is turkey.

And I will disagree with you. Russia's fight against the terrorists should benefit every reasonable human being who does not gain anything from having such terrorists exist for their own sick agenda.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I am not saying that this is a good thing because it is not.
But to the finger pointers out there, just remember that the US has done the same thing so don't forget that.
All of these countries that want to be at war with each other should just go find a place where there are no civilians around for miles and just fight until no one is left, because none of them are fighting or representing any of the people that are being killed

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So far the death toll stands at 23.

Bombs also hit another refugee shelter south of the town and a convoy of trucks, another resident said.

"We have been moving scores of screaming children from the hospital," said medic Juma Rahal. At least two children were killed and scores of people injured, he said.

Activists posted video online purporting to show the damaged hospital. Three crying babies lay in incubators in a ward littered with broken medical equipment. Reuters could not independently verify the video.

In a separate incident, missiles hit another hospital in the town of Marat Numan in Idlib province, in north western Syria, said the French president of the Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) charity, which was supporting the hospital.
"There were at least seven deaths among the personnel and the patients, and at least eight MSF personnel have disappeared, and we don't know if they are alive," Mego Terzian told Reuters.

"The author of the strike is clearly ... either the government or Russia," he said, adding that it was not the first time MSF facilities in Syria had been attacked.
www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Not defending Russia, but the source of this information is the Turkish Prime Minister, which happens to be just ahead of a planned incursion into the region by Turkish and Saudi forces.

a reply to: gortex

Eerily reminiscent of the propaganda used to launch the Gulf War.

edit on 15-2-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So What have Americans and West being targeting in Syria for these past two years and so? Decoy targets?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

So whenever the Western News media reports news from Syria and how Russia is always evil and targets civilians thats their hosent true right?

A child is evacuated from the damaged hospital in Azaz.

A hospital which surprisingly most male fighters of Islamist groups use.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

It will all be pre war propaganda now," Those terrible Russians, killing women and children," its the usual BS getting the western population ready for the invasion of Syria, because the western backed insurgents are loosing, so something has to be done. God forbid Russia stabilises the country, and stops the conflict that would never do. So now were heading to the brink.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Not defending Russia, but the source of this information is the Turkish Prime Minister,

I don't know why people are reciting this gibberish! Well, actually, I think I do, but...

The attack on the hospitals is being reported by more than just the Turkish Prime Minister. It's being reported by MSF, the UN and others on the ground. Previous attacks by Russian warplanes that have hit schools, markets and other civilian areas have also been reported, but not on RT.com. Quelle surprise!

Just because the Russian media don't report the atrocities of their government, does not mean that they are not happening.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

So whenever the Western News media reports news from Syria and how Russia is always evil and targets civilians thats their hosent true right?

www.aljazeera.com...

A hospital which surprisingly most male fighters of Islamist groups use.

Source ?

If that were true it would explain why Russia stuck killing women and children along with any injured fighters that may have been there , it is a war crime.

Hospitals, of course, enjoy a special protected status under international humanitarian law. It is a war crime deliberately to attack a hospital or other medical unit, whether civilian or military.
www.crimesofwar.org...

edit on 15-2-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

"The author of the strike is clearly ... either the government or Russia," he said, adding that it was not the first time MSF facilities in Syria had been attacked.

Those "..." in that part of the sentence make me slightly suspicious of what was really said.

edit on 15/2/2016 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You all know Russia had nothing whatsoever to do with this. This was Turkey, through and through. Pressure is being heaped on Russia so that they either back out of Syria under their own aegis, or be forced out of participating in Syria by overwhelming presence of Arab and Turkish military.

America and the West need Russia out the way, and if bombing a few hospitals so that it can be blamed on Russia, they don't give a damn, and they absolutely do not care who they maim or kill...they want their pipeline! If Russia was not in Syria, Assad would already have been bombed to death. Russia's participation in Syria cannot last for much longer, certainly not for the principle in which Russia is there for, but they are now in an intolerable position. No matter what they do they will be damned!
For Russia, it is either all out war, or be seen to retreat out of the way with their tail between the legs.

You watch. If Russia backs away, it will leave the Syrian people to nothing short of genocide, and for nothing more than a pipeline. They will want it over quickly and will rapidly annihilate any opposition. We actually have posters on this thread condoning it. It beggars credulity and belief! That is how screwed up everything is. They invent monsters and villains we all either hiss and boo, or applaud, depending upon the toxicity of our mindsets. It is all just one big pantomime for the lifestyle we live off the backs of others.

I don't believe we do, but I hope that we do live after death and that we each of us have to undergo a judgement for the life we had, and for the content of our mindset. No mitigating excuse that will allow you not to undergo your own self-judgement, you will have to answer for every thought and deed. If only it were true, because that is all any of us have by which we can feel a justice might be served. To have to live the life of every one of your victims, feeling every physical and mental pain you put them through. This is the message of the NDE. If only it were true!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

That person obviously wanted to make a dramatic pause...plus i imagine some dramatic music in the background...

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
There is no excuse for this. It's a cold clinical tactical move to deny anyone behind rebel lines medical aid. Pure and simple.

In the words of Rober Macnamara

Any military commander who is honest with himself, or with those he's speaking to, will admit that he has made mistakes in the application of military power. He's killed people unnecessarily — his own troops or other troops — through mistakes, through errors of judgment. A hundred, or thousands, or tens of thousands, maybe even a hundred thousand.

And

LeMay said, "If we'd lost the war, we'd all have been prosecuted as war criminals." And I think he's right. He, and I'd say I, were behaving as war criminals. LeMay recognized that what he was doing would be thought immoral if his side had lost. But what makes it immoral if you lose and not immoral if you win?

Source

War is never a clean game where only the real enemy is crushed. Countless millions of innocents have died over the milennia, who's only crime has been being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
edit on 15-2-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Omg the last time I heard this it became laughable. You think it'll stick this time?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join