It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of all the Political BS mudslinging!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I've avoided the debates and discussions this time around, Too negative.

Seems way over the top this time than elections in the past in my opinion. Not just here at ATS but all throughout the interwebs. So and So, said this, So and So said that! Who gives a flying Rats Furry butt? Most of the time it's peoples interpretation of what this or that ass hat politician said, Misquotes and slander, that's what it's all about this time around nowadays.

Not saying the wanna be Washington talking heads aren't responsible for their own criticism, they most assuredly are. That should go without saying. It's a given. But in every election there are people on all sides who will try to capitalize on what the opposition said or failed to do to further their own agendas. Too obvious. Take a side, any side and then read what this or that opposing group thinks of you and yours. Does it fit? Is it based on Reality? Probably not, but that wont stop some from preaching it and still others from believing it.

Around and Around we go. Meanwhile the candidates spend huge sums of money trying to convince you they're right and your guy/gal is wrong.

Personally, I wonder just how many poor/homeless/hungry those funds could feed, clothes, house etc, or better yet, donate it on lower income families trying to better their children education/lives through scholarships....

Nah, too warm and fluffy huh?

Yeah, your guy/gal is scum....Mines better....

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

You're right. This isn't limited to the political debate, however. Read any comment section on any website. Mudslinging is the new norm for ANYONE who disagrees with you on ANYTHING.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Can't understand US elections..Get to choose from MORE people you never wanted to choose from in the first place,? We only get to choose from 2 people we never wanted.. a reply to: SLAYER69

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
But, but...it's Bernie. Or Trump. Or Hillary. Or Cruz....etc. No hope for it. Most won't see that "Their guy" is just part of the system and is no better than the last bunch of liars and thieves.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Politics and religion
Maybe they should be banned at ats

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Politics and religion
Maybe they should be banned at ats

I wouldn't go that far.

I personally chose to back way off and watch others attempt to rationalize their starry eyed enthusiasm for the next potential Commander in Thief.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
less mud slingin more mud wrastlin

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I'm afraid even I am avoiding the political threads these days. They are what brought me to ATS and it's ironic that I can't even stomach them now...

I am with you on the poor/homeless/hungry... This country is becoming an embarrassment with our priorities, as a nation. The founding fathers would be rolling in their graves...

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

It certainly does seem like the political cycle on ATS this time around is far more rabid than its ever been before.

And to make matters worse, there's still another 10 months of this to go... immediately followed by another 4-5 months of sour grapes coming from the losing side.

*heavy sigh*

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Seems way over the top this time than elections in the past in my opinion. Not just here at ATS but all throughout the interwebs.

I think the biggest difference this election year is that the haters have driven off all the thoughtful and reasonable people. No doubt this is exactly what some want. And no doubt many of these haters are paid shills pushing an agenda.

I think another big difference this election year is that most people have left the two-party system and gone independent or third party, and the only ones left to push the left/right paradigm are the partisan extremists. In other words, there are no more "moderates" (for want of a better word) left in the public discussion. We all know the major media cater to one or the other party -- NOT the people.

That is obviously why Trump and Sanders are getting such support, and why it's scaring the bejeezus out of the party hardliners. The plus side is that we have never been in a better position to pull the rug right out from under the establishment elites of both parties and take this country in a new -- better! -- direction.... One that serves the needs of ALL (not a select few at the expense of the many), and in a way that uses our resources for the greatest good of ALL.

The question is who will lead that charge? I haven't seen him/her yet...

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
There was a time when the majority of ATS knew what politics really were.

Here, I'll remind everybody...

Politics are designed to give the governed a sense of ownership for system they find themselves living in. We are made to feel that we're integrated into the election process when that is not the case. We are made to believe that there is a "winning" team, like sports or reality television. The rest are controlled opposition. Yes, us, the "losing" team. The politicians aren't controlled opposition, we are.

The government has realized long ago that since it can't please everybody, it must also be in control of those who don't agree with their MO. The same goes for drugs, if the government can't eradicate them (impossible), then they're better off controlling them. If they can't eradicate the dissenters, they will be controlled. Politics allows them, by law, to control varying degrees of perception people have of their government. There's obviously more to it, but the fact that people come on here and talk about politics at face value is beyond me.

edit on 15-2-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Politics is a charade to make people believe they have a choice in how the country is run. The truth is, all politicians are beholden to special interest groups, especially those who run for president. Those special interest groups choose who wins, not the American people.

Those who buy into the charade are furthering its cause. ATS has been a hotbed for political brainwashing here recently in my opinion, people have shown time and time again on here that they ignore the motto of this forum, which is deny ignorance. Those who say one candidate is better than another are embracing ignorance, not denying it.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Bear with me as I explain but, I honestly don't get that impression.

The right has been justifiably upset the whole time so, there's no real difference there.

The Trump trope is an overall hopeful and constructively defiant trend and Bernie Sanders is most beloved by his acolytes as well.

Idealists will always joust but, I think most folks are more involved than ever before and that can't be bad. They actually seem happy too.

It's strange but, not cause for alarm i think.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Everything, climate change, homeless, space exploration, GMO, aliens, religion, sports, has been politicized.

The biggest conspiracy is the illusion that people have a choice.

SO I think it appropriate, imho.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It is genuinely bizarre, I agree.

Particularly from a perspective outside the US. Where I watch people getting so angry and passionate and emotional about Red! or Blue! When really, there's no substantive difference between either party in America.

People argue about the thinnest differences in policies, as if it is this huge gulf.

And it's just... it doesn't matter if Red or Blue wins, the policies will remain the same - dictated by the power elites.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Those who frequent forums like this should know better than to trust politicians or pick sides, yet I see people picking sides every day and defending their side as if it's their own child in danger. This should not be happening on a forum such as this in my opinion. This tells me that either people on here are ignorant while claiming to deny it, or the board has been infiltrated by shills in order to spread disinformation. I think it's a combination of both personally.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: greencmp

Those who frequent forums like this should know better than to trust politicians or pick sides, yet I see people picking sides every day and defending their side as if it's their own child in danger. This should not be happening on a forum such as this in my opinion. This tells me that either people on here are ignorant while claiming to deny it, or the board has been infiltrated by shills in order to spread disinformation. I think it's a combination of both personally.

The root philosophical and economics arguments need to be discussed.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
the only ones left to push the left/right paradigm are the partisan extremists. In other words, there are no more "moderates" (for want of a better word) left in the public discussion.

When it comes to actual people, most do still have a broad range of views that overall don't fit neatly one way or the other, but ... Part of it's the media, and part of it is people getting their news on their mobile phones. These days it seems to be Huffpo vs Breitbart, or Buzzfeed drivel, where outrage and click-bait have replaced discourse for the most part. While there still are a lot of blogs, journalists, etc. who provide in-depth, well-researched investigative reports, so many people seem to demand getting everything fed to them in one or two lines at most. Extremism feeds perfectly into that. Moderate views, not much beyond trite platitudes.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It is poisonous indeed.... but then I think back to some of the Obama stuff and it was incredibly bad too.
It's not solely an ATS issue, it's out there online... everywhere.
People are just crazy and can barely have a sensible political discussion.

And seeing how ATS is like 60% politics now, it's hard to avoid it all.

I think there should be a third "tab" so you have the main ATS, then Off topic and THEN Politics... separate from the rest of the main ATS boards, would be much better.

But as you say.. we can always just not participate too.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

And seeing how ATS is like 60% politics now, it's hard to avoid it all.

*95%

As you are well aware, I am a stark advocate of my political views. With that said, I am going to probably start backing away from discussing politics on ATS because in every circumstance, the debate turns from an educated discussion (if it even starts there) to a vitriol spitting contest (from both sides) with absolutely zero chance for any common ground or consensus or opinion changing. I think people who are "undecided" are few and far between on ATS.

All it is doing is making this site and its members divisive without any real accomplishable goal other than rabble-rousing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join