It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Elderly Woman Tasered, Her Arm Broken, for Not Removing Her Earrings Fast Enough

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Your not understanding what I'm saying...have you never seen someone much larger and stronger hold someone down with minimal ease?

I've watched trained and experienced staff trying to hold struggling prisoners down - and we're not necessarily talking about big angry males but older women as well. "Minimal ease" or "safely restrain", you only get to pick one.

If you don't mind risking serious injury and inflicting a lot of pain, restraining someone is easy. Just ask the tased woman with the broken arm in OP's story!

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Not everyone is treated equally I suppose. I have been about as belligerent as one can possibly have been while detained and still received my previously muddied hoodie back smelling like downy and spotless. They also didn't taze or beat me, they simply ignored me then killed me with kindness. When I got my hoody back I was like WTF!?!? they washed my hoodie lol...okaaaay. I will admit that over the years I have come to realize the LEO's in my small little part of the world aren't really that bad compared to some other places I have been. They are pretty professional here. They also gave me a piece of pizza and cup of coke once while I was in holding but they also did take my pants which was dehumanizing and it was really cold in there but the pizza was way better than jail food lol.

a reply to: Mousygretchen
edit on 19-2-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix
In any case, earrings are a petty reason to taser somebody. Police brutality? probably IDK. I doubt anybody was about to use them as a weapon though. That would have looked like a joke.

You were like hm well they took my pants, but... pizza! I got the good end of that deal.
edit on 19-2-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not that tazing her is the best option but how should you remove her personal effects when she is not being compliant during the booking process? It would have looked equally as bad if they restrained her and then removed the earrings themselves. Lose, lose scenario on this.

Sorry.. but this is ridiculous. What.. were they on a time constraint? Were they fear for their lives from this lady? That was a completely over the top response to a situation that could have been handled so much better. And I am a regular defender of LEOs on this board. I feel they get an unfair shake. But not for stuff like this.

If they don't know how to handle this sort of situation, clearly, the police need to train their officers MUCH better than they do. There must be a better solution. There also needs to be a level of common sense that they seem to lack now in many situations. I find it hard to believe anyone could defend such an action.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Sorry.. but this is ridiculous.

So how do you propose dealing with someone who does not wish to be compliant? Eventually it comes down to the use of force which is why I said it is a lose-lose.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

When it comes to old defenseless people you can never be too careful.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mjab6910

originally posted by: intrptr

All I have read at this point are excuses.

bullies with badges:

You're gonna get it. This is for your own good. You had this coming. Look what you made me do.

Sounds just like my abusive ex boyfriend.

Thats bully talk. Bullies blame their victims for abuse. So glad he's your ex. Valuable life lessons, you'll recognize that behavior from now on and steer clear of abusive types…

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join