It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Elderly Woman Tasered, Her Arm Broken, for Not Removing Her Earrings Fast Enough

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Shoudn't of been stealing,hopefully she has learned her lesson. She was wrong for stealing and then wants to get sassy and not take her earrings off,she pushed her limits of being bad.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

Where is the statute that states the punishment for being "sassy" is a multi-thousand volt shock?

I'll be waiting...

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Why do you post these things knowing full well there is a group of people on this site that will stand behind the "police" even if it were their own loved ones that were abused. Many of them are shills...Many of them are blind followers...Others are simply too afraid to question authority...There is a special place for those criminals with badges and with any luck soon we'll be able to post those videos and wonder "why oh why" is this happening to them....Everyday more and more I understand why "officers" in brazil are taken out while they're off duty with their families..."Cops" forget their job is to the community and that the community has a way of taking care of it's own when they fall out of place. Humanity no longer exists in those we call to help us when they are needed most - they treat everyone as an enemy combatant and their misdeeds aren't met with consequences but with praise from those claiming to be anti-pc or from those who have someone that serves or from those that serve themselves.
They tend to sing a different tune when they're ones confronted with the horror that has become our militarized law enforcement gestapo. Those that criticize their tactics are labeled criminals - those that question their authority are labeled undesirables. Our system of law is no longer rooted in the betterment of those it serves it is now watered and watched over by the elitist that feel they are beyond reproach and act with impunity. The pendulum can only swing so far in one direction before it comes back around.

(See comment below - let's call it destiny)

(This is just an opinion as those that state the defense of the "officers" is theirs. I am not condoning any action - just an observation of history and it's repetition of itself.)
edit on 15-2-2016 by unicornholiday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

It was in her destiny for that to happen to her,so it really does not matter ,a lesson well learned.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
That was retarded. She didn't need to be tazed. AT ALL. Not appropriate escalation of force. She wasn't a threat at that point, she had been patted down and wasn't trying to fight anyone.

A little verbal judo would have gone a LONG way. If need be go hands on, there were enough cops there to subdue her without hurting her. I am very aware how hard it can be to get someone in cuffs from past experience, but tazing someone on a hard floor when there is no threat is freaking stupid. Crack a skull, break an arm, break a leg...

I think a lot of people are pussies about tazers (not the people getting tazed), don't just whip out your precious at the first sign of non compliance.

I don't think the lawsuit should go anywhere, pay her medical bills sure. That officer needs to be re-trained and punished for a few weeks for being a dumbass.

Our society is overly litigious, you can make an excuse that it's the only way to bring about change, but I don't think it's valid anymore. Social pressure is enough to make a difference now, and people winning these exorbitant lawsuits costs ALL of us. Let me ask you a question, would you let me break your arm for 1 million bucks? I don't believe you if you said no. I think most of us would take a broken arm for $10k if we didn't pay the medical expenses. Also, other cops can't read the mind of other cops. They may have thought he was bluffing so they didn't intervene.

If you're arrested and in a booking area, perhaps refusing orders that in no way harm you is the best course of action. I really thought this was going to be her flipping out because a man was frisking her without her consent at first. That I get fighting about. Taking off your earrings? Dumb. Just dumb.

Boo hoo to people that say acting nice to cops when you're under arrest makes you a sheep. Those people are idiots and I guarantee they don't back it up. We have a lot of "fight back" individuals, but they're morons and the kind of people that completely shrink if tested. If you aren't a child molester or cop killer, the cops are going to treat you decently if you treat them decently. I agree it's messed up, everyone should always be treated the same, but be polite and don't fight, you're going to have a way better time. Respect goes a long way, even if it's fake.

TL;DR Jailer was the dumberer one, but she was an imbecile. I side with her, guy was a moron.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Well,you know she was a dirty criminal. They deserve nothing short of being tossed around after all there are repercussions to not following the law. As the many before her, maimed, shot and or killed and rights violated,they were not minded as a victim. So, when those who have "done nothing wrong" cry of injustice no one will be there to give a damn.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Why, what's the rush with health and safety when the next action is to fecking eletrocute someone, and possibly kill them.

The officer was found to be at fault for using his Taser, he did not observe the proper process in collecting her personal effects but neither did she.

And tell me this, exactly what are the guidelines out of the station, as near as none is my guess.

The articles described the guidelines for collecting personal effects and found the woman at fault for not complying to them.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Surprise! The elderly often react to confusing circumstances or the loss of their self determination with some sort of defiance.

Just think, my LEO friends, if you are injured and helpless, how will you feel if the RNs taking care of you at the trauma center start cutting your uniform off, you resist, and one jumps straddle you and takes your head and neck off the edge at an acute angle to 'get control of the situation'?

Maybe chokes you out? A dozen of them put you in joint locks and restrain you with leathers? Take both your elbows across the gurney's edge in an elbow lock to stop you from struggling? Thumbs into your supra-orbital notches until you scream?

Would you feel betrayed? Yet, it's permitted to use physical force to restrain you, even violent force if necessary, if you are judged to be out of control and critically injured. After all, they want to go home at the end of their shifts. Should they not be able to?

Yet you will find that, despite being able to do so legally, cop or no, it doesn't happen. Because they are more professional and better trained than that. It's rare that a dozen male nurses and security guards give you a DDT and a B52 in the neck for your trouble.

You wouldn't expect that out of medical personnel, although they could get away with it, just as you do. Even to YOU.

Because they're better people for the most part, along with EMTs and firefighters. If you guys can't handle an old lady without a taser, you need to turn in your guy card and give it to a firefighter or RN. Seriously.
edit on 16-2-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
It's rare that a dozen male nurses and security guards give you a DDT and a B52 in the neck for your trouble.

I had to look those up.

Now I want one.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It's rare that a dozen male nurses and security guards give you a DDT and a B52 in the neck for your trouble.

I had to look those up.

Now I want one.

My youngest bro says a B52 is the solution to pretty much any patient disturbance.

eta: Plus, no #, RNs with psych patients and psych techs take each and every piercing and bit of jewelry, plus every personal possession away from even the largest, meanest, most psychotic individuals every time they are admitted. You have to strip them to their initial state and put them in paper scrubs in an empty room with nothing but a bed and bed frame.

And they can't shoot, beat, use a taser, violently force or even verbally abuse the patients, or they are fired and likely legally charged with a felony. Yet, even with those restrictions and the patient being mad, they succeed 100% of the time, and rarely with personal injury.

It's a mind set. You obey, and right this moment, or I will beat you into obedience. If cops were held to the same standards as psych techs, there would be a great many of them in the hoosegow.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Yahoo Answers agrees with him and it kinda plays into what you just said above:

Does it always work?

Update: When is it dangerous to use?

Update 2: Thanks Lexa,
Do all hospitals call it a b52.

Best Answer: Medically, a 'B52' in ER parlance is 50mg Benedryl (IV), 5mg Haldol (IV) and 2mg Ativan (IV).
It's given to put down psychotic/psych patients when they get agitated.

It's NEVER dangerous to give, unless the person has an allergy to one of the meds.
It almost always works. Puts psychs, unruly drunks, and just-plain-a**holes in their place damn straight.
Some people have a tolerance to Haldol or Ativan (usually drug addicts or people already on anxiety meds), so it doesn't work as well for them, but it still has effects.

When I worked in Michigan, every unruly patient got a B52 -- now that I'm working in AZ, no doctor orders it. It's like they think drunks and psych patients have RIGHTS or something!!?!?!?!?
I got rights too -- not to be physically assaulted!! Source

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, apparently it's becoming frowned upon. But they still manage to defrock every nut case in town upon admission.

He says it's a matter of talking to them and taking the time to get them into the right mood to let you, but that it rarely takes more than 10-15 minutes even if they're a former defensive tackle with bipolar problems. You just can't let your balls get in the way.

It's a shame they don't really have something like Peaceable Sam or that gas the aliens used in The Monitors. But I don't think getting beaty or tasy is the way to go in every circumstance. Sometimes, probably. This wouldn't be one of those times.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

But I don't think getting beaty or tasy is the way to go in every circumstance. Sometimes, probably. This wouldn't be one of those times.

I agree with your opinion on this, which I think I have been saying from the outset.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Proper feedback would begin to correct that behavior.

Decertification of the offender is a good first step. If it was a psych tech or EMT who did that, it would result in a criminal charge. But I'd be ok for decertification for a broken arm. You can go be a car salesman now, officer.

But charging the taxpayer for his asshattery is counterproductive - we end up paying for his poor judgement, and he ends up still on the force. Removal from authority is a good start. If your judgement is that bad, away with you. I'd be real happy with the lady's medical bills deducted from his personal bond.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

But charging the taxpayer for his asshattery is counterproductive - we end up paying for his poor judgement, and he ends up still on the force. Removal from authority is a good start. If your judgement is that bad, away with you. I'd be real happy with the lady's medical bills deducted from his personal bond.

I have been saying this in multiple threads. When someone yells, 'Sue him!!', they are really yelling 'Sue me!!!', since the union or the officer are not footing the bill. There needs to be more personal accountability and I am completely against public sector unions with this being one of the main reasons.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

There needs to be more personal accountability and I am completely against public sector unions with this being one of the main reasons.

Bofus.

Police unions act far too much like trade unions, and I'd love to see some RICO action and/or outright decertification of some of them, in the manner of PATCO.

I might add that I feel this way about a lot of LEO defenses that fall into the bucket of "he felt that way at the time". Well, if it's because he has stunningly poor judgement, I don't really CARE how he felt at the time, he's demonstrated that his judgement and perception are faulty. He may have felt it, but he ought not be allowed to ever feel like that again, at someone's permanent expense.

Thus with this. I think he ought to be able to take those feelings over to the Walmart and be a greeter.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Thus with this. I think he ought to be able to take those feelings over to the Walmart and be a greeter.

'Welcome to Wal-Mart. *blam* 'Now get up and act like an effing consumer!'

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

'Welcome to Wal-Mart. *blam* 'Now get up and act like an effing consumer!'

Oddly enough, if you look through some Wally World youtubes, you will find some in which LEOs are moonlighting as security wonks, and cannot for the life of them separate what is law from what is corporate policy.

That's something I've seen more than once from LEOs. And campus cops are among the worst. School policy is not law, and is not enforceable as law. Yet, you see it happen constantly.

I'm telling you, moving certification to a federal level away from the states, keeping former LEOs or LEO unionists out of the department and giving the department power to "secret Santa" LEOs on the street with the power to decertify them on the spot would go light years toward a more people-oriented police force. Think of it as kaizening them. They would only be there to improve policing. Do you think Officer Electro would have tased the lady if a Cert Board member was standing there with a notebook? I think not. I would *live* to see the guy tase her and the cert guy pull out a red flag and throw it at the cop. *Tweet!* You are fired. You'll receive your notice this week. Turn in your gun and badge. Your retirement will be sent to cover the national debt.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

[
And they can't shoot, beat, use a taser, violently force or even verbally abuse the patients, or they are fired and likely legally charged with a felony. Yet, even with those restrictions and the patient being mad, they succeed 100% of the time, and rarely with personal injury.

Lol,
You got me thinking, maybe MR T. is technically armed and dangerous with all his clobber, imagine him getting arrested, Eeeewww, could get messy!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Wonderful.

And if I win I will buy a yellow Lamborghini.

I think you would have a better chance at making your side of the argument if you weren't so trolling with every response.
You know Phoenix is actually trying to have a mature discussion with you, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join