It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could a Human Not in Our Species Still Exist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: cryptic0void

Homo is our genus not our species. There are many species within the genus of which H. Sapiens is the only extant one. Just science.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Homo is our genus not our species. There are many species within the genus of which H. Sapiens is the only extant one. Just science.

Ha, beat ya to it lol!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum

Damnit! Well played!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Very good, carry on.

and to the previous poster.
I doubt Bigfoot is Homo, at least any of the known species within the Genus.
It is just science, after all.

edit on 23-3-2016 by cryptic0void because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

If, and a big if... but IF Bigfoot, Yeti etc... is any relation to or in the lineage of, Gigantopithecus Blacki, they would be much more closely related to Orangutan than any member of our own Genus and would have split of from our most recent common ancestor a minimum of 15 MA. G. Blacki was the only other member of Hominidae that grew to a comparable size to that claimed to be the illustrious Bigfoot. Just a little bit of a science angle to toss in with the crypto angle.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Which calls into question that if most all other mammalian specie grew to enormous sizes [Mega Fauna] period, why wouldn't there have been a large Homo?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

There isn't any reason there couldn't have been aside from the physical limitations imposed by bipedal locomotion. Even G. Blacki was highly unlikely to have been bipedal as its primary form of locomotion and were far more likely to have moved in a similar fashion as Gorillas and Orangutan's. That being said, as the last decade has shown us, there are a few more meandering tributaries of hominid ancestry than were even contemplated 20 short years ago. Denisovans, Floresiensis, Red Deer Cave People and then the genetic lineage of the as yet undiscovered hominid from Central Africa that there are no physical remains for leaves the door wide open to a multitude of possibilities. As much as the science nerd in me typically sticks to the evidence, I would be lying if I didn't admit that it was the unknown mysteries and potential cryptids of the world that led me to study Anthropology in the first place. I always try to keep an open mind regarding the possibilities.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think cases of sadquatch yowie yaren almasty and orengpendek are just that relic hominids

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Also. Could the different squatches from around the world be totally different relic hominids

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join