It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia and Turkey prepare for Syrian invasion, expect 'massive escalation'.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
After the Ankara bomb attack, the reaction of Turkey not to give news on that, and the heated rhetoric in the last day(s),
I 'd expect the war to break out in the next hours. By that I mean Turkish invasion of Northern Syria. Possibly shot downs of planes with Russia and even bombings of Turkish ground forces.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

According to reports 350,000 Soldiers, 20,000 Tanks & 2,500 Warplanes Amass Near Syria for war games .The drill, coined “Northern Thunder will include Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Jordan, Senegal, Sudan, Maldives, Morocco, Pakistan, Chad, Tunisia, Comoro Islands, Djibouti, Malaysia, Egypt, Mauritania, and Mauritius, according to Gulf News.

Strange they never did this when ISIS was rolling across the area

thefreethoughtproject.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

20,000 tanks seems to be BS number. Even if they used medieval doublecounting of 10,000. What about 2,000?

Those who want to see Russia bleed in a conflict with those nations should think twice as any word of western support will be seen as an unconcealed agression with no easy way back. And we all will need a way back and out right?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

For 20 COUNTRIES?

Russia has made their OWN bed,we have OUR black eyes from intervention NOW it's the KGB Col's turn.
We aren't being led anyway ,just subverted.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I think between the two countries they can pull 20,000 tanks , even a little country like Israel has that number of tanks and Saudi Arabia has now addmitted to having nukes www.superstation95.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

I think between the two countries they can pull 20,000 tanks , even a little country like Israel has that number of tanks and Saudi Arabia has now addmitted to having nukes www.superstation95.com...

If that is true and the Wahhabi idiots and their allies insist on a ground invasion... Well... I for one hope it is contained to that region ... I would not sacrifice one American or European city for any of their dubious plans.. They want Assad out.. and are willing to start a nuclear war over this !! What a frigging crock of poo poo which I hope it hits the big fan and is thrown back in their Wahhabi faces !

www.superstation95.com...

In a shocking development, Saudi Arabia has now publicly admitted they possess NUCLEAR BOMBS. The bombs will protect the ground invasion of Syria by Turkey and Saudi Arabia. . . which puts the Russians in the unenviable position of having to use nuclear weapons to defend themselves and Syria.

Speaking in a television interview Dahham Al-'Anzi of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was discussing why many in the Arab world feel the need for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to be removed from power, and that a ground invasion was not only necessary, but is going to take place!

In the context of the pending invasion, Dahham Al-'Anzi outlined the missiles, planes and other war-fighting equipment the Kingdom has acquired and then revealed "We have a nuclear bomb" and asked the TV Interviewer, "Why do you think we have all these weapons?" He then answered his own question "to protect Arabs and Muslims."

I am not sure the article is correct and true and am going by what it said as a single source... You would think this would be all over the news wires .. Do a search for "Saudi says it has a nuclear bomb" and see what you think .. Pakistan is the supplier supposedly... considering this is a newly braking story it is being picked up by other news sources.. Still nothing on Drudge though..
edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
this whole affair is just sheer madness.
do these people really understand what they are doing?
what they could cause to happen?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Give it a day before coming to a conclusion, sometimes the mainstream are a little slow to pick up on these things while they try to validate the claims themselves.

I will say though I'm surprised the Saudi's haven't had any nukes until this point if true, they're one of the worlds largest importers of arms & munitions so you'd expect to see some nukes on their shopping list at some point

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
Saudi Arabian troops and military equipment have been transported to Turkey's Incirlik base, ahead of reports that both countries are planning an invasion of Syria. The countries intend to fight ISIS while also maintaining as a priority, the removal of Syrian president Bashar al-Assad.

Russia has warned against any such operations, and the USA stated that the Syrian government must uphold its promises if it doesn't want to see the possibility of ground troops entering the country.

Turkey declares that there will be a 'massive escalation' in Syria within the next 24 hours, and it is currently shelling Kurdish positions in the Aleppo province.

Update:

Russia has been dropping bombs on the strategic town of Tal Rifaat, north of Aleppo. The Kurdish YPG and the SDF are moving to take the town, which is in rebel/jihadist hands.

Sources:

goo.gl...

news.yahoo.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." -John Lennon

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica
Does America have to get involved in this at all? Would our oil supplies be threatened by this kind of regime change or are we just world policing?

First things first. We HAVE Been involved since the beginning. We have been funding, training, and arming the opposition. Delete the CNN narrative of "should we get involved.....?" That's pure propaganda.

Secondly, it's not for world policing, a secondary form of propaganda. Every time someone asks that question it diverts people away from the real reasons for US foreign policy. It's been from the beginning for geo-political control, hegemony, and empire.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Idiots. Saudis in a suicide vest would make it a lot easier for Russia to legally handle the situation. This new option had to give Mr. Putin a smile after a long time of stressful pat. SA is the past. It seems it's time to fill a full tank and keep the hands off.
We won't see it in the media if it doesn't serve the purpose of propaganda but there has to be hurly-burly behind the curtains.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

As of Assad, this not just the Turks and the Saudis who wish to go after Syria :

Bashar al-Assad: “80 countries support the terrorists in Syria”

And for what it's worth :

Saudi Arabia admits it has nuclear bombs and will test within weeks

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I would expect Turkish forces to cross the border east of Kobane, and attack Raqqua from east to west, trapping or alternately supporting IS around Lake Assad. The cynic in me says this is a not a trap, but a defendable area. It can be accomplished w/o taking Kobane. This is so a base can be established to threaten Damascus.

syria.liveuamap.com...
edit on 27-2-2016 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Saudi force's excuse to base out of there could be to "fight terrorists", and in effect ajoin IS and combine with FSA in the northern coastal regions, which is hotly contested by Kurds too, so there must be some negotiation going on as well.

I think FSA areas attacking from the north on Damascus can avoid Hezbollah. If Hez tries to move on the ground, they will be prime targets for air attack, esp from Israel or Jordan. Maybe Egypt, with help from Israel.

edit on 27-2-2016 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join