It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey you! ATS. Yeah you. I'm moving to New Orleans need some tips.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
So folks, my adventure in the Nation's Capitol is almost over after 3 1/2 yrs. I'll be leaving the land of corruption and greed shortly and heading to the Big Easy.

What I'm looking for, is any insight the good people of ATS can give me. That only you of your slightly twisted perspective (though sometimes twisted in different directions) can give.

So if you know of anything weird/creepy/cool or otherwise that I should look into while I'm there I would love to hear about it. I expect to be there for at least 2 years possibly 3 to 4. And don't worry, I'm already stocking up on beads

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

do not trust people who don't get to choose how they are dressed.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Bring a life jacket?

too soon?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Arrive wearing a Saints cap, don't drink the tap water, and start looking for a home in Mississippi near I-10.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

Can you elaborate?

Are you talking about kids, husbands, police officers? Mimes? I thinks mimes have a standard dress code, but everyone knows to never trust a mime.

a reply to: Akragon

Your video isn't available...

a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

None of those things are going to happen except the water, but I'll turn it into coffee first.
edit on 12-2-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Don't know if this applies to new orleans but yeah...
Don't eat yellow snow...

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Can you elaborate? Are you talking about kids, husbands, police officers? Mimes? I thinks mimes have a standard dress code, but everyone knows to never trust a mime.

Gladly.

Everyone may be trusted to some degree. The extent of trust bestowed may and imo should vary with each individual. The areas of trust depend on a individual's abilities, skills, but mostly drilled behaviour patterns.
Most tend to trust increasingly with their familiarity or level of knowledge of the consistency of behaviour of others.

It has been my experience, as well as experiences of others as reported to me, that people who do not get to choose their clothes are less trustworthy. This is especially true in specific contexts, New Orleans today being one.

Mimes have guidelines, but their boss won't take their gun if they wear a white shirt instead of a striped one.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

You have 32 days before you experience the best St Patricks day ever, trust me.

In order to experience the best N.O has to offer in this regard, you've gotta go to Happys Irish Pub where the beer is cold, the bar staff are awesome and the crowd is magic. Good food too.

Enjoy

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

This is important information to have.

Thank you for your insight.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
My co-worker goes there quiet often. There have been times when it was colder in NO than in AK! Ice storms suck.

Last I heard my buddy was driving a "gypsy" taxi (his term not mine. I think this was pre-Uber) there. He said it was "a lively place"! He has always been understated like that. So if you hop in an unregulated cab and the big dude driving is laughing and talking loud, ask him about Alaska!

ETA: Oh, have some great food while you're there! And enjoy!

edit on 12-2-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: "post button" happy

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Okay, live and learn. You could sub an LSU for the Saints cap but if you drink that water, coffee or otherwise you will never be the same.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

You have 32 days before you experience the best St Patricks day ever, trust me.

In order to experience the best N.O has to offer in this regard, you've gotta go to Happys Irish Pub where the beer is cold, the bar staff are awesome and the crowd is magic. Good food too.

Enjoy

I bet! I haven't been in New Orleans for any holidays but I've been a few times and it was a really good time. The food was good, the people were warm and the drinks were cold.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What I'm really excited about is that it's 70°F in New Orleans right now and 31 where I am and tomorrow it's only going to get to 23.

So when they offered me New Orleans, they didn't exactly have to twist my arm.
edit on 12-2-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Just for fun, I did a Google search for things to do in New Orleans. The results page has a slide show at the top with about 50 things to do and see. I tried it in Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer and was the same with all of them.

Here's a link if you want to take a look.

what to do in new orleans
edit on 2/12/2016 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Call Cap'n Phil for some of the finest Reds and Speck fishing in the Gulf.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Interesting New Orleans haunting stories on youtube. Check it out if you're interested in that kind of thing.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The quarter is still cool but touristy, uptown is almost to trendy on Freret st. still has some great bars and music.

Personally, I prefer the grimy local scene out of town.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
As a Louisiana native, on the one hand, I'm jealous. And, on the other, I'll pray the Rosary for you.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

LMAO!

Or...the southside of Baton Rouge. Or Covington.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Wait 'til it's August. I was standing in a field once in Lafitte and I could barely see my car a hundred yards away. Mosquitos...and a vicious sun with 100+ degrees. Another time we were down in the Quarter interviewing this lady, a florist. We begged her to just stick our heads into her flower coolers every few minutes. The air conditioner was out in her shotgun. I had my dang lady suit on and I thought I was going to die - stroke out from the heat or something. LOL!
edit on 2/13/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join