It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Staggering corruption': 46 correctional officers charged in years-long drug trafficking sting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Add this to the LA County Sheriff's Office being corrupt from the top down and we can that yhe problem is not only in the private prison industry.

And as Misfit mentioned, you are very likely to end up dead in Fresno.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
One bust in ONE state and the |FBI ends corruption in America?............GOOD LUCK!
The entire prison system is and has ALWAYS BEEN corrupt...

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

It started a few years ago with lower level deputies then moved up to the second in command.

And I never implied corruption was anywhere near an end, btw.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

How about you stop putting words in my mouth. Why are you trying to derail this over someone saying "a few bad apples"?

What is your opinion on the actual content and corruption (throughout the entire "justice" system) in general?
If you have nothing to add, just

This nitpicking of words is what is infantile. You can claim I was solely talking about LEO all you want. You can claim I'm "bending and twisting" all you want. It in no way changes the fact that I was talking about those within the ranks of the entire "justice" system.

What's ludicrous is the fact that you come in here and attack a few words rather than dealing with the content of the thread. What is your agenda here?

ETA:

The only time that's trotted out is when it comes to law enforcement.

Um, no. I specified it more than once for you, what I was speaking of.
And, like I said, it is you that applies the phrase to LEO only.

I don't care when others "trot it out"....I am not them. I'm not even playing the "anti-LEO" sheet today.
But you can't seem to stay on topic, so.....done with this.
edit on 12-2-2016 by Jakal26 because: just for the hell of it.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

you are very likely to end up dead in Fresno.

Strange how that story came and went with quickness, no?
The chatter surrounding that one was immense for a few days, then just seemed to "die off".

I think there is real fear of reprisal and when that is the case, people that would otherwise speak out remain silent (obvious and rational reasons...self preservation and all that)

Everyone wants to fight corruption until sh*t gets real. I think that's part of the problem, but I do understand the self preservation aspect as well....so....

Just strange how that story died so fast, even in alt media, or so it seems from my end.

(Off topic, but valid in this thread)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
How many GENERATIONS of crooked prison guards do you think have passed?
The system has always been crooked....
I bet one could have bought his way out of a trip to the lions back in the old collesium days....
In no way do I disparage your contribution....I merely express my disgust with ourselves....

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

you are very likely to end up dead in Fresno.

Strange how that story came and went with quickness, no?
The chatter surrounding that one was immense for a few days, then just seemed to "die off".

I think there is real fear of reprisal and when that is the case, people that would otherwise speak out remain silent (obvious and rational reasons...self preservation and all that)

Everyone wants to fight corruption until sh*t gets real. I think that's part of the problem, but I do understand the self preservation aspect as well....so....

Just strange how that story died so fast, even in alt media, or so it seems from my end.

(Off topic, but valid in this thread)

The sh$t has been real for a few decades at least my friend.

I'm done giving them (cops, politicians etc) a chance. Either clean house or "we the people" will. Through nonviolent means of course........(notice how I had to stress that or they would come get me.....in a f $cking "free country"?.....)

You can mark my words as a prophesy .
edit on 12-2-2016 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

I'm about to post an update to that thread, so stay tuned over there.

Regarding what they found in the Georgia correctional facilities, all one has to do is take a look at the Stanford Prison Experiment to get an idea of how it can happen.

And why it's systemic.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys
Through nonviolent means of course......
Right on Man.Got to play smarter not harder.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Heh no kidding...

Move the investigation up the chain and find the government is the supply...

Probably the reason why Bush has Parkinson too... He got high on his own supply...
edit on 12-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Getting ready to head over there at take another look. Might even post it to some of my other social media accounts again for those who didn't see it the first few times around.
Thanks for keeping it up to date.

Regarding what they found in the Georgia correctional facilities, all one has to do is take a look at the Stanford Prison Experiment to get an idea of how it can happen.

Yeap.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

The sh$t has been real for a few decades at least my friend.

Well, yeah (and a lot longer than that, btw).....but I wasn't speaking to that with my comment. I was speaking to when it becomes real for those that it never was in the past. I think you misread or mistranslated what I was saying there.

I'm done giving them (cops, politicians etc) a chance. Either clean house or "we the people" will. Through nonviolent means of course........(notice how I had to stress that or they would come get me.....in a f $cking "free country"?.....)

Meh, I'm with ya, but....what are the solutions. "Cleaning house" is nothing more than a few buzz words. Truth is, America is lazy and complacent and compliant....nothing is going to be done. Anything that is done with either be infiltrated and destroyed, or...if it's by "violent means" will be met with brutal force and snuffed out.
I've come to the conclusion that the only thing we can do is attempt to share information in an attempt to plant seeds....the people are in no way united and upheaval is going to result in nothing but utter chaos with various factions fighting for control. That's the sad truth I see.

You can mark my words as a prophesy .

"Many millions will die fighting the new world order, but in the end it will be a better world".....Remember that one?
We are living "1984".....remember what happens to Winston in the end? That's about how my cynical, jaded self sees it these days. I used to be all "idealist".....now I think I'm just getting very numb

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join