It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnostic Christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Do you know how traumatic and degrading that is to a woman. It's not like a mans that takes 2 weeks to grow back you ruin her life for a year. Your a whacko don't send me messages anymore
edit on 12-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I know I know, you hate me because of my lack of respect. On topic, this is interesting as a gentleman named Bill Donahue would explain most of it in certain detail. Check out some of his videos (he has a lot) or you can go to his website Hiddenmeanings. C om

You'll agree with some of what he says and disagree. Personally I do not represent this fellow, but I think most of his research concludes what I do.

Personally, I know or knew, God exists In a higher dimension that is. As we move up in dimensions learning lessons as we ascend, we reach the 9th dimension. We then choose to stay high archangels or ask God, if we can come out of his infinite thoughts. If we choose to become Gods we pop out of his infinite thoughts, be in the infinite space. This would probably explain many Galaxies existing and new ones born. Not many choose that path, as it would probably get boring.

Besides, this is why bad things happen to us mortals. God is immortal with powers. If he gave us powers, it would become boring and we choose to fight him, nobody would win.
Anyway, good post and I love this topic. My favorite as I want to help open many minds as possible!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

Did you know Lucifer is not a thing in Judaism, Isaiah 14:12 is not about pre-fall satan. Satan works for Yahweh, not against. He is a loyal servant doing Yahwehs will. No more, no less.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul
In case you overlooked my question, I'll ask it again.

Do you believe that any part of the Bible is God inspired? If so, then what about the Book of Revelation?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

Bill Donahue is awesome!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
this is interesting as a gentleman named Bill Donahue would explain most of it in certain detail. Check out some of his videos (he has a lot) or you can go to his website Hiddenmeanings. C om

From the looks of that user name I can see why you like Bill's stuff...

I checked out the link, when I read this I bailed:

We are going to suggest that the things written in the Bible never happened. All of Jesus words were symbolic. There was nothing to be taken literally.

www.hiddenmeanings.com...

What's with all the attraction to the Luciferian New Age propaganda?

It seems about as credible as Ron Hubbard and Joseph Smith to me.

Allegorical interpretation is nothing but a massive propaganda tool.

Archaeology alone proves that the literalists are correct.

Historically when people do not like what a document says or they want to make it fit their philosophical bent they allegorize that document. This is what Philo did with the Jewish Bible in Alexandria, Egypt and, early on, some Christians picked up this habit from him and imported it into the church.

digitalcommons.liberty.edu...

If you don't believe the Bible....fine...don't believe it. But don't suggest that one part should be taken allegory when another part of the Bible CLEARLY indicates that it isn't. I'm guessing you don't do that with other forms of literature, do you?

If you have a history book on George Washington, do you decide to read chapter 3 as an allegory, but the rest of it as fact simply because you don't want to believe the events of chapter 3 took place? If chapter 14 is believed to be historical---and it refers to the events of chapter 3 as historical....why would you believe chapter 3 to be allegory?

Is The Bible Literal Or Allegorical?

When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; therefore, take every word, at its primary, ordinary, usual, literal meaning unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in the light of related passages and axiomatic and fundamental truths, indicate clearly otherwise.

The Golden Rule of Interpretation

Those holding to an allegorical interpretation of the Bible point to a variety of scriptures and use them as proof-texts for the claim that God intended for His Word to be interpreted allegorically, and as we shall see, many of these verses have been taken out of context or redefined so as to give the appearance of supporting the false allegorical mode of interpretation. www.scribd.com...

originally posted by: BO XIAN
In many dozens, hundreds of cases, THE LITERALISTS WERE ALWAYS PROVEN CORRECT as archaeology uncovered more and more confirmation that the Bible was literally true in detail after detail. Some things are literal AND symbolic, both/and. I don't think a great number of things in the Bible are primarily or only symbolic.

edit on Feb000000Fri, 12 Feb 2016 18:39:34 -06006pm29Fri, 12 Feb 2016 18:39:34 -060020163912 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

lol...

do you copy down other members posts that support your beliefs so you can post them later?

Lets take some of the NT verses literally shall we?

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Do you recall reading anything in the gospels where Jesus dowsed people's heads in fire?

hmmm?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Allegorical interpretation is nothing but a massive propaganda tool.

If you can't apply Bible lessons to your own life, what good are they?

edit on 12-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Good reads.

Gnosticism. The self titled knowers. I wonder what type of wisdom these guys dish out. Socrates would use that word as a quolibet.

The interest in studying gnosticism is the same that can be found studying without prejudice the professed opinions of Ron Hubbard: different perspectives. Augmented by historical value.

Rejecting perspectives that one could set aside as another opinion equally beneficial slows any quest for knowledge down.

Of course, that is so by design, and as soon as the humility takes over the energy spent in false confidence, one starts to see things now unseen.
Don't feel attacked, OP.
I don't want your money or your name and I don't believe correction is a loss. Your confidence is false and you are indeed a gorilla's head, just maybe not "the" gorilla's head: transliteration just defaces entire alphabets. You have the power to change this. God is God by any name, some names are pearls, and all refer to one, who indeed is the most high and the Lah and Jove and even iced cream if you put your heart into it.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

Gnosticism. The self titled knowers.

How is that any different from where Saul of Tarsus claimed his gnosis?

Galations 1:1
Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead

2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:

3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Galations 1:11
For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

Sounds like a self titled knower to me.

edit on 12-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Baptism of Fire is a literal future event.

12His winnowing fork is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clear His threshing floor; and He will gather His wheat into the barn, but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

edit on 12-2-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: added quote

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

lol

Of course it is... like 5 million years from now...

you crazy endtimes/tribulation believers

How many years will it take before your religion figures out its not going to happen

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
How is that any different from where Saul of Tarsus claimed his gnosis?

a reply to: windword

Differences aren't substantial enough to be studied by me. If you know, please say.
One does pop to mind though: Saul of Tarsus may have been a self-important scribe, but he didn't name his shop "the knowers" so he'd be less tacky at least.
Not denying Jove as a proper name of God also seems worthy of mention in this context.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

lol

Of course it is... like 5 million years from now...

you crazy endtimes/tribulation believers

How many years will it take before your religion figures out its not going to happen

Yea Dawkins says the sun will only explode in 7.256 zillion years so the world totally doesn't end in fire.
Plus science/gnosis/television/a public servant's timeline is clearly more worthy of trust than a book revered for hundred of generations which has one way or another convinced its warring detractors consistently.

You, kitty, are a foolish kitty.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

One does pop to mind though: Saul of Tarsus may have been a self-important scribe, but he didn't name his shop "the knowers" so he'd be less tacky at least.

Nope, actually the first Christians were called "The Way". No self importance there. And, of course, they knew "The Way" because it was whispered in their ear from their personal relationships with a risen ethereal entity.

Yea Dawkins says the sun will only explode in 7.256 zillion years so the world totally doesn't end in fire.

Dawkins is a biologist, not an astrophysicist. You need to consult Steven Hawkins for an accurate date on the coming "baptism by fire".

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You need to consult Steven Hawkins for an accurate date on the coming "baptism by fire"

I have no interest in Steven Hawkins heavily educated opinions at all.

Dawkins is one of the broad cast voices of current gnosis, although he may say in Greek that he studies life.
He probably aligns his prediction of fire by sun explosion to that of the other gentleman you mention.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

lol... clearly you have no idea who you're talking to

Its all good though, I've been called worse then foolish by Christians and Atheists alike...

By the way the sun will destroy this planet long before it explodes

so uhm... Meow?

edit on 12-2-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Foolish as other words is clearly defined, and may not be an insult.

I know exactly who I'm writing to.

And saying By the way the sun will destroy this planet long before it explodes confirms my dia.gnosis.

That doesn't prevent you from being a good cat, I'm sure.
Repeat what public school taught you, so you're smart, like wheelchair physicist.
Hurray for feline zombification.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
oh I see...

Another one of you new guys that speak in code

sigh

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

So you reject Jesus' own words??

John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 

Matt 25:41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.

Oh, and don't forget Luke 17...

29but on the day that Lot went out from Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. 30“It will be just the same on the day that the Son of Man is revealed.

edit on 12-2-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join