It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon militia standoff: holdouts expected to stand down soon – live

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Negotiations currently live-streaming from the scene on YouTube
Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy arrested on way to Malheur wildlife refuge, will appear in court at 1.30pm PT
Remaining militia members had tentatively agreed to walk off refuge at 8am PT after night of frantic negotiations

Who is Michele Fiore, the Republican politician-turned-negotiator?

Oregon militia standoff: holdouts expected to stand down soon – live

Live stream -

Not much to add in terms of news links as it's on going live now but the final 4 protesters are giving themselves up and surrendering to the federal agents who have been sieging the compound for well over a month.

Not sure why exactly Cliven Bundy has been arrested but he was arrested on the way to refuge, it's very suspicious he gets arrested whilst not having taken part in the capture of the reserve, seems like he's been arrested for pre crime as in the feds expected him to go to cause trouble

It's interesting to see this section of the story close as I've been following it since the beginning, the next story begins with all the criminal proceedings

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
And now there seems to be a hiccup with David Fry seemingly reluctant to surrender now going against the deal that has apparently been made

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There's a thread about Cliven's arrest.

Glad to hear this fiasco is going to end with no more pointless loss of life.

Edit: maybe I spoke too soon. A cell is better than a grave. Hopefully he doesn't get a twitchy finger.
edit on 11-2-2016 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Yep I just found that thread, without going off topic too much as this thread is about the 4 surrendering to federal officials, it sounds very "pre crime" by arresting him for conspiracy when he hasn't yet done anything.

As for it ending with no more loss of life, David may throw a wrench in that the way he is acting right now, not willing to give up, something may kick off with him he's going on about liberty or death

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Yep I just found that thread, without going off topic too much as this thread is about the 4 surrendering to federal officials, it sounds very "pre crime" by arresting him for conspiracy when he hasn't yet done anything.

Isn't that kind of the intent of conspiracy charges?? (I honestly don't agree with these types of charges - just calling it out).
edit on 11-2-2016 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
David is an informant.

All part of this psy-ops.

It's perfect.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

As for it ending with no more loss of life, David may throw a wrench in that the way he is acting right now, not willing to give up, something may kick off with him he's going on about liberty or death

especially when Cliven urged the others to stand down after Finicum was shot.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Wonder if they jammed the Live feed & cells?
I lost 2 sources...everything is dead...not good.

Cheers
Ektar

Edit NVM just came back.
edit on 1122016 by Ektar because: left out info

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

Usually though there's hard evidence to support that there was definitely going to be an unlawful act committed. All Cliven has ever said was he going to find a way to get the 4 out peacefully, nothing about anything unlawful, in all honesty the conspiracy charge really stinks of corruption on the part of the feds trying to round every single person with even the slightest involvement to get them all locked them away to prevent anything like this happening again.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Here is the live phone call www.youtube.com...

This thread is from the events of last night www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

That's why I'm not watching or listening to this...sounds like he's unbalanced and prone to do something stupid and get himself injured or worse.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
He's pointing a gun at his head.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Yes he seems incredibly unstable, he's asking for tax breaks and insurance that he'll be protected in custody.

The way he's talking and the people trying to get him to give himself up referring to God just makes me roll my eyes. God cannot interfere with any of this, if he did anything to assist David he would be breaking our concept of free will. I'm all in support of them but the moment they start bringing religion into all of this I begin to wonder if they're worth supporting, they have good political ideologies, they're good people, but damn they're crazy once they get into the God talk. It just reinforces my views that religion has no place where politics are involved

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Yep just heard it, it's going to either be suicide or suicide by cop. Things just took a nasty turn for poor David

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

a reply to: charolais

Usually though there's hard evidence to support that there was definitely going to be an unlawful act committed. All Cliven has ever said was he going to find a way to get the 4 out peacefully, nothing about anything unlawful, in all honesty the conspiracy charge really stinks of corruption on the part of the feds trying to round every single person with even the slightest involvement to get them all locked them away to prevent anything like this happening again.

Sorry I totally forgot you were talking about Cliven. I agree!

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Tax breaks?!?
I get the don't put me in with the unbalanced guy who likes to get stabby, but the last thing going through my head before I surrender to go to federal prison would be tax breaks...thanks for keeping me updated.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Yeah apparently he doesn't want to pay certain taxes he deems not moral and then he goes into talking about Jesus dying at the cross for not paying taxes.

Now he's talking about weed and him not being allowed to have it

The guy is just a confused child from the sounds of it and doesn't know what he really wants

ETA - Now he's asking why people in Ferguson can riot and smash stuff and get away with it but he's facing jail for what he's done
edit on 11/2/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Yep just heard it, it's going to either be suicide or suicide by cop. Things just took a nasty turn for poor David

Why doesn't one Federal agent have a a tranquiliser gun?

See lady in back around 1:21 - 1:34 mark:

Somebody needs to call this guy

edit on 47229America/ChicagoThu, 11 Feb 2016 12:47:55 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
dude has his mind made up

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Then they can go back to 'quietly' stealing everyones land there to frack, mine and de forest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join