It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Consensus Forming, The Delphi Technique

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

More and more, we are seeing citizens being invited to “participate” in various forms of meetings, councils, or boards to “help determine” public policy in one field or another. They are supposedly being included to get ”input” from the public to help officials make final decisions on taxes, education, community growth or whatever the particular subject matter might be.

Sounds great, doesn’t it? Unfortunately, surface appearances are often deceiving.

You, Mr. or Mrs. Citizen, decide to take part in one of these meetings.

Generally, you will find that there is already someone designated to lead or “facilitate” the meeting. Supposedly, the job of the facilitator is to be a neutral, non-directing helper to see that the meeting flows smoothly.

Actually, he or she is there for exactly the opposite reason: to see that the conclusions reached during the meeting are in accord with a plan already decided upon by those who called the meeting
www.vlrc.org...
Tricking you into thinking there has been a consensus.

This man took action to expose the Delphi Technique.

Here we see the Delphi Technique allegedly being used at London Occupy. Also the rapid hand sign communication we've recently seen carried out by spooktavists at Calais.

What do you think? Is the activist world full of spooktavists and suckers?

Think for yourself.
edit on 10 2 2016 by Kester because: spacing

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Fascinating topic! Kudos! I've read many accounts of this technique being used quite successfully. I know one place where its being used is in Regional planning meetings set up by NGO's that seek to direct the way growth is developed. And many of those regional groups are really Agenda 21 type organizations which seek to limit and regulate and direct growth plans. They've been particularly effective on the coasts.

So, yea..I see this technique becoming the default method of determining outcomes. Most Americans are far too ignorant to understand how they're being used and manipulated, tricked and deceived into a cattle chute of poverty and ever declining standard of living and quality of life. Tyranny by any other name......the Delphi Technique is its most effective tool!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

"Federal government gone wild" is exactly right.

It's a shame we can't hear the whole conversation.
edit on 10-2-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
That happens with all committees. In theory they are supposed to be impartial and to reach their conclusions by reaching out to concerned parties. But the individuals on the committee always have their own agendas. So any comments made will either "be put on the backburner for the moment", "being sidetracked", "not relevant to the current debate", "I can't see the point you are trying to make", "let's put aside for the moment, and come back to later in the meeting", or "an excellent observation, let's explore that in more detail."

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I have used this technique extensively in different settings. teams, focus groups, expert panels. I can tell you it is quite effective in gaining consensus and in most cases modifying viewpoints and outcomes. It is a useful method the harness a group and move them is a unified direction to achieve an objective.

As with all group modification techniques, and there are several others, it can be used to obtain positive results, or mute group conflict and disagreement. It is an iterative process and takes some time to gain consensus, but once achieved it is amazing how a group will come together on a position or viewpoint.

It is not inherently an insidious technique, but with a skillful moderator almost any agenda can gain agreement even among diverse individuals and opinions. Most people are unaware that s a structured process that being used on them to sway their viewpoint. In all probability it has been used on you without your awareness.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: bladerunner44

Thank you for your valuable input.

With the right resources a number of facilitators could be trained and used to influence an entire movement.

top topics

join