It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Part 2: Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Theres 3 more pages on the way very soon, At the moment I am actually doing the obelisk viewed up from the bushes much the way a song bird may look to the sky, I am always trying to think of better ways to show things so it isn't hey look at that. Thanks for the input on the mid tones on the first panel.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I for one like graphic novels, have since my grandmother gave me a whole dollar, Back then I was able to get a bottle of RC cola, A snickers, and blow the rest on a Comic....

Yeah I'm dating myself a bit.

Nice work, shows real potential and interesting premise.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Thank you. LOL my ideal situation would be dating another artist that loves comic books and games, that way I get a free pass on buying them things =D without you guys here online, I have no idea how good or bad I am doing so I appreciate the feedback more then I can convey in words to everyone here. Its all of you that make me want to keep going.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
Well that's cool. Things don't look good for Walker. Meth is bad, kids.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
The dark Lord has plans for him 😈 dont you worry

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Those frames and the detail, so good Brotherman.

I like where this is going, the darker the better for me.

It sounds like this could be in Walkers head? like his battle with addiction in real life sends his brain into this crazy place in his imagination, and his mind battles with the dark side trying to make sense of it all.

Ok, that's my brain just going whoa lol

Awesome work mate, starred and flagged

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant
What's happening to him isn't in his head and is very real. Right now in this part he is having a NDE and being given "knowledge" and a task (I haven't posted that far into it yet) ill also give away that his soul is on necromniconia and no time has passed on earth although hes out of body for a very long time relative to his time in the land of the gods. At this point on earth he is neither alive nor dead 😈 dun dun dunnnn

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Love that most recent page with the Living Mortuary. In black and white, you definitely have a Robert Kirkman kind of style. I'm sure there's others that you fit as well, but I'm not up on my comic artists as I should be.

Very heavy on the dramatic angles and chaotic lines that give an emotional connotation of evil and terror. Yay!

Also, I've been playin' a lot of Diablo 3 and your work is reminiscent of the game art in that. You certainly convey the dark side well.

edit on 11-2-2016 by gottaknow because: fixed word.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow
I get alot of # sometimes from people because I choose to draw chaotically almost as much as I get postive feed back on this style of work I am doing. Its funny you mentioned Kirkman too although I like his work I've never thought my work would ever be compared as similar. All my work is hand penned without use of French curves, rulers or any mechanical assistance, so far no computers and no filters from photographs. I am trying to expose what's freely coming through me and I hope it translates to my intended audience. Lol most art critics would probably say it really really sucks, every once in awhile I have to remind myself why I gave up painting apples and oranges and sketching breakfast tables etc. Those things meant nothing to me in comparison to be able to directly communicate to people in this way.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The U2U system, on my monitor, cuts the edge off, had to come over here for a better look. Stunningly good work, well done, mate, I am terribly impressed (not least of all by your work ethic...you've been super busy)

I'll address the U2U by U2U, but I, personally, very much like the dandelion clocks, they're one of my favourite things generally and you've got them spot on.

ETA...Good grief!!! And there is more (do you sleep?).

Your chains are making mine jealous. Damn you (I need a shaky fist little gif doo-dah)!

edit on 11-2-2016 by Anaana because:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana
Idk if I ever posted page one from the prologue or anything from the prologue but the opening quote and only text on that page says "A flower dies many deaths before it dies." Lol remember the dandelion.

Sleep, I've been having a spell of bad dreams as if late keeping me up so I write and sketch when I cannot sleep and then dream awake halfway in, halfway out. And yes there's more, there's a lot more actually. I was going to post 3 more pages but decided on just one for now this way the next sequence makes more sense. I'm going to post half of chapter 2 which will be 10 pages before I even think about giving moar outta chapter 3 😈
edit on 11-2-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I'm not going to go all full blown clucking-mother hen on ya and I don't have the attention span to do nagging, but be careful how hard you push yourself on sleep deprivation, I know that it can be a peach creatively, you're no good to anyone, least of all yourself, if you burn yourself out though.

Have you heard any more about getting into school?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Clucking mother hen, interesting 😨

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Clucking mother hen, interesting 😨

Anaana means "Mother", that's why I chose it. It's my standard operating procedure, when not minding my own business. No offence intended.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I forgot to apologize about making your chains jealous, as a token of my sorrow I will make my whips weaker 😉

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
[/quot e]

Very striking, beautiful page!
I've been to a lot of protests near the Washington monument.
It has a lot of symbolism for me personally.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
You'll see this structure again in my comic book 😊 I'm glad you like the page too. I try really hard to make each page the best i can even if my best isn't good enough.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Nice work Bro!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Hey thanks alot I appreciate it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join