It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C-section babies have more chance to become ill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
Both of my children were born via C-Section (I'm the dad) because dilation simply wasn't happening

My wife (who, unlike me, is actually medically qualified to comment on these matters) goes on about this quite often. The following is based on many discussions over the dining table.

In the vast majority of cases, people don't have a C-Section because the woman "isn't dilated enough", they have the C-Section because it's more convenient for the hospital and because the doctors love to interfere. If she's not dilated enough it's because she's not ready yet. Still, the woman is too far gone at that stage to send her home without risking a lawsuit if anything goes wrong, but still nowhere near ready to pop out a sprog. Another bed taken up with nothing much happening. It's essentially a management problem for the hospital, not a medical issue.

I'm told that the best place to be right up to the last moment... is up and moving around, being active. This is another problem for most hospitals because they're not really set up to have patients wandering around, especially when it comes to carrying out regular obs. Easy medical solution to this management problem? Find a reason to confine them to bed. Easy medicaly solution to both problems? Start with induction, get them wired up so they have to stay in bed, then move to C-Section if the process still isn't moving forward. Of course, induction increases the possibility of fetal distress which, conveniently, is another good reason for a C-Section.

I'm told it varies significantly from hospital to hospital, so experiences may differ.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

that is an interesting idea using the vag stuff on the c section baby, I can see the logic in that...I think there are always exceptions to the rules.....i had 2 vag births breast fed both......one was always pretty healthy....the other....allergic to almost everything...remember back in the old days with the oil based paint and primers..aches...allergic to mold but bleach would cause a headache

artifical sweeteners would make her sick....and if something came down the pike, she always got it the worst of everyone...I love them both , but it was a tough time with her for sure!

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Its a really interesting area of research. Theirs a Doctor in Holland who is basically injecting healthy peoples, gut bacteria into type two diabetics and posting many cures, and another in the States that does the same thing and cures Crones disease. Gut flora are tending to get depleted because we are killing off the good bacteria, with various antibiotics. Even the soap these days sterilises skin bacteria good and bad.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

yes you should NEVER use antibacterial soap, a few stragglers are left behind and they build up tolerance and then you are screwed!

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Also a lot of the foods have stuff in them that extends shelf life, these have to be antibacterial compounds, so what happens to your own gut bacteria when you ingest them, my bet is that they damage the flora, since 75% of the immune system is in the gut, I'd say it was a cause for personal concern, to anybody that took their long term health seriously.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

that is such an interesting way to look at preservatives.....we definitely need friendly flora in our gut....

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: gosseyn

This is because they do not experience enough stress. Stress is important.

Same goes for long periods of hibernation, when we go interstellar, or when we start cloning/printing entire beings.
they need to experience stress, or its instadeath, upon awakening. This is why we need reality simulations.

So sleep tight.

Could you cite that information? Sounds interesting.

FWIW, stress was a key factor for the old 'superdog' program. They'd put puppies on a turntable thing that could vibrate, lift and drop them, blow cold and hot air on them in bursts, aiming for their faces. The dogs they got out of the program were markedly superior in ability to understand complex commands. Didn't hurt the 'bonding' part of it that the puppies perceived their handler as being the one that rescued them from the puppy torture chamber, either.
edit on 16-2-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100

yes you should NEVER use antibacterial soap, a few stragglers are left behind and they build up tolerance and then you are screwed!

You need your skin flora anyway. And if you have a septic tank, antibacterial soap is the Great Satan.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join