It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we have what we need to self sustain?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

This country absolutely can self-sustain. What keeps it from doing so is the government.

We have the resources and the capacity and the capability. If people were left to get on with it, we have the space to produce what we need.

We could not do it overnight, but we could shift to it and quicker than people might believe. But the government needs to stop trying to make rules to stop it from happening. Let it develop; THEN worry about making sure it's all good.

edit on 10-2-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This country absolutely can self-sustain. What keeps it from doing so is the government.

We have the resources and the capacity and the capability. If people were left to get on with it, we have the space to produce what we need.

We could not do it overnight, but we could shift to it and quicker than people might believe. But the government needs to stop trying to make rules to stop it from happening. Let it develop; THEN worry about making sure it's all good.

If I have 160 acres, I can raise food, feed for animals and animals. I have space for solar, and can drill a well if I have water rights, where is the government interfering with this, unless it is the local asshats and permits?

ETA: They are usually the local religious asshats when they find out I will not donate to their church.
edit on 2/10/2016 by BubbaJoe because: I needed to

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

You said yourself.

But the EPA will get in on the act with their wish to regulate your every ditch by calling it a local waterway.

But what I am speaking of is the ability to create manufacturing even on the small scale to produce the things we need for modern life. There are all sorts of regulations that inhibit it from permits to cost of labor to everything else.

Those things inhibit the small business from being formed, and those inhibitions would need to be waved to allow the rabid formation of a economic base that would allow for self-sufficiency.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: BubbaJoe

You said yourself.

But the EPA will get in on the act with their wish to regulate your every ditch by calling it a local waterway.

But what I am speaking of is the ability to create manufacturing even on the small scale to produce the things we need for modern life. There are all sorts of regulations that inhibit it from permits to cost of labor to everything else.

Those things inhibit the small business from being formed, and those inhibitions would need to be waved to allow the rabid formation of a economic base that would allow for self-sufficiency.

You do realize that those small manufacturers screwed that situation up for themselves. They failed to use any restraint, and disposed of hazardous waste in any way they could. This is the reason the EPA exists, and yes there overreach is sometimes large, corporate america will not police itself.

ETA: If I am raising my crops and animals responsibly, I should have no problems with the EPA. It is usually not the small family farm that has EPA issues, normally it is the large corporate entities. I worked in the dairy business for several years, the 200 cow herds were far better managed than the 6000 cow herds.
edit on 2/10/2016 by BubbaJoe because: needed more info

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

You need to invent a 3D printer that could replicate itself (its entire parts) using ground up recycled materials......then you can self-sustain!

edit on 11-2-2016 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join