It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Religions have Extraterrestrial origin, including Judaism and Christianity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It wasn't a question but a statement Cymraeg

I think you missed the basics of it

The bible is made up of gospels and letters ( epistles) written over many years accumulated into one book, by many different authors
I certainly understand that you can deny Christ existed, the reality is that nobody educated in a&ne history would do the same

But whatever you want, I am happy you choose what you think is correct

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
One of the major secrets of Freemasonry is the language in which "God" speaks/creates/destroys. Its geometrical, so therefore...

"The Creator" is likely a mathemagikal genius with unlimited resources.

All will be Re(veiled)vealed.

Religion is not what you think and has no place in the order of the Universe. A seed was planted in our minds and those who don't nourish it themselves will need the structure of belief to keep it from withering. Those who seek the "light" will experience exponential growth, breaking the mold that many believe we're cast from. Religion is the last resort to empower the hopeless. Without it, the burden of anarchy is too great a force to comfortably evolve our species as a whole.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

The bible is made up of gospels and letters ( epistles) written over many years accumulated into one book, by many different authors
I certainly understand that you can deny Christ existed, the reality is that nobody educated in a&ne history would do the same

I am quite aware of what you said. And I would respectfully point out that there are many historians of the times and the area who have severe doubts as to the existence of a single religious leader called Jesus, as opposed to multiple figures who were amalgamated. Did you read my cite?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Excellent fact based reply!

One quibble. Does Islam believe that Prophet Isa, pbhn, aka "Jesus Christ" is the only begotten Son of God, that he died on a Roman Cross for the sins of humanity, was divinely resurrected on the third morning, and that he is, in fact, co-equal in substance with Allah?

If not, I would contend, in return that the literary character that Islam "reveres," Prophet Isa, is related to but is significantly distinct and different to the character "Jesus Christ" ...

Kind of like comparing Superman and Captain Marvel, or Merlin and Gandalf, etc.

I mean no disrespect, per se.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

By definition this a yawn.....Yawn....heard it all before

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

To be a bit more precise, in support of AngryCymraeg, Biblical scholars will allow that there may have been an actual, living human (more likely, several humans) that the stories of "Jesus Christ" are based on, but there are very few that would state that there was an actual magic god-man that raised the dead and walked on water.

To imply that lack of belief in this fantastic supernatural figure's existence is not based in literature on the subject is somewhat asinine in my opinion.

Just to be a tiny bit more accurate. Carry on.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart

All religions come from the stars, and many of them gave very concrete proof of the constellation they came from (Orion, for example) by leaving behind structures pointed at certain stars or mapping parts of the sky. The Pyramids are arranged according to Orion's belt, etc.

Which "desert religion" aka Abrahamic religion left behind the Pyramids again as proof of its claims?

Thank you kindly.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Christ existed

Christ NEVER existed in the world as we know it. There is a questionable legend about a man, who may or may not have really lived, named Jesus of Nazareth or Jesus the Nazarene. Christ is a title that was bestowed on the mythical persona that supposedly rose from the dead.

Jesus came to be called "Jesus Christ", meaning "Jesus the Christós" (i.e. Jesus, the anointed; or "Jesus, the Messiah" by his followers) after his death and believed resurrection. Before, Jesus was usually referred to as "Jesus of Nazareth" or "Jesus son of Joseph".
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

In fact, even some Hindu interpretations respect the Prophet Jesus. Some scholars equate him to being an avatar of one of their deities; some say he may have spent his childhood in India because of the similarities of his teachings; and others even equate his life with Krishna! Though it's worth noting that "Hinduism" is far more vast/open than many other religions, to the point that nearly anything can fit into it, depending on the scholar.

I'd be glad to see references to these Hindu scholars just for my general awareness. I have heard the "Jesus in India" legend before but was unaware that it is a part of Hindu doctrine, particulary since, as you rightly point out, Hindus fit some 100,000 gods and goddesses, devas, demons, etc. into their framework ... but they hardly share the Christian claim that "Jesus Christ" is the only begotten Son of God, etc. etc. etc.

Thank you for any response.
edit on 10-2-2016 by Gryphon66 because: format

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
No Cymraeg I didn't read your citation

I can get wackos who have degrees and doctorates from anywhere you want from the net to say anything I want to justify
Obviously you can as well
I am not here to change your mind

Say what you want, believe what you want

If you want the truth, don't listen to all those you want to believe, those who back up your beliefs
Go study the truth and then make a decisson on what both sides have heard

Even atheists high priest Dawkins accepts Jesus existed, yet you and Hitchens maybe not

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

No Cymraeg I didn't read your citation

I can get wackos who have degrees and doctorates from anywhere you want from the net to say anything I want to justify
Obviously you can as well
I am not here to change your mind

Say what you want, believe what you want

If you want the truth, don't listen to all those you want to believe, those who back up your beliefs
Go study the truth and then make a decisson on what both sides have heard

Even atheists high priest Dawkins accepts Jesus existed, yet you and Hitchens maybe not

Thanks for proving why no-one takes what you say seriously then. Cites are important on this site (no pun intended). Your refusal to read cites proves that you have a rigid mindset and utterly inflexible beliefs. There is no truth in this case, the truth has long been lost in the backwash of history. I suspect that the truth about the early Christian church has been lost since the Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD.

As for Richard Dawkins, no, sorry, ahem. Gotcha.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Once again: did Jesus exist?

Yet the more I look at the evidence—and I’m by no means an expert—the more dubious I become about the evidence for a historical Jesus-person. Yes, one may have existed, but where is the evidence?
Richard Dawkins

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

No, sorry, Von Daniken wrote fiction, whatever he talked about in his books have been debunked many times. Sitchin is also a charlatan, a great fringe writer but nothing he said is more real than Harry Potter. Religions were invented to explain natural phenomena that people thousands of years ago didn't understand. We know better now.

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

It's not even certain that there was a man called Jesus who founded what became the Christian church. The historicity of Jesus is still something of controversial issue.

100% spot on! There is no contemporary evidence of Jesus outside the Bible. After studying this for years I personally believe Jesus never existed, no proof.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: Gothmog

That reminds me of how Christ said "I go now now to sheep not of this fold"

And the Native American account of a visit from someone they call chezooz...
Unsure of the spelling

Jesus was born a Jew and died a Jew. I don't recall history showing that he started "Christianity". Christianity was someone else's concoction.

It's like identity theft - they took Jesus' identity and philosophy and created something he never endorsed. The guy never intended to start a new religion and he never renounced Judaism.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

Unsure of the spelling

Jesus was born a Jew and died a Jew. I don't recall history showing that he started "Christianity". Christianity was someone else's concoction.

It's like identity theft - they took Jesus' identity and philosophy and created something he never endorsed. The guy never intended to start a new religion and he never renounced Judaism.

Well, to be fair we just don't know what the early Christian church - the church led by James - was like. I suspect that it was a Jewish sect. Why wouldn't it be? After the fall of Jerusalem James and the other leaders vanish from history, very likely slaughtered in the sack. There is some suspicion that that allowed Paul to come in and change things.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
This is the same Sitchin that said Nibiru existed and had a 3600 year elliptical orbit that would make it come close to or collide with us? All based on his mis-interpretation of Mesopotamian iconography and symbolism?

You mean THAT Sitchin?

Lol well he did call him brilliant. Personally I would go with snake oil salesman. Sitchin's work is on the same level of fiction as scientology.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I have given citations on this site, see my pun, that's not really a pun it's a statement

If a wanted to make a pun I would use the wrong word...
But anyway, what I link is dismissed as trivial so I dismiss your links unsighted as trivial, that And I know nothing will change your mind
There are many truths and as for Dawkins, well I suggest you spend a little more effort in researching what he has said in the past
Dawkins clearly flip flops as does every one else

The onus is on you to research, not my business

As i said, please believe what you want to, otherwise study, make a decision based on education not what your heard tells you to think

Don't follow, educate yourself

I could say gotcha back but I don't think it's about me being better than you, blowing my own trumpet

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Phantom423

Unsure of the spelling

Well, to be fair we just don't know what the early Christian church - the church led by James - was like. I suspect that it was a Jewish sect. Why wouldn't it be? After the fall of Jerusalem James and the other leaders vanish from history, very likely slaughtered in the sack. There is some suspicion that that allowed Paul to come in and change things.

Yes, others had their own agenda. But the point I was making is that Jesus, himself, never intended to start a new religion. Remember when he went to the Temple and criticized the Sanhedrin for conducting "banking" in the Temple? He was criticizing his own people for disrespecting the Temple. Jesus would be analogous to an Orthodox Jew today - strictly following the Torah. But he never suggested that Judaism should be dumped in favor of another new religion. That was someone else's idea - actually many, many people's idea such that there are dozens of Christian sects today.

The teachings of Jesus were hijacked.

edit on 10-2-2016 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well windy it seems Dawkins couldn't make his mind up

As people often can't

He is an record saying something else

Maybe research is in order

That's up to you to decide on doing

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Why do we have to default to a statistically unlikely scenario to explain the gods when it is much easier to just say that it's all made up mythology? After all, that is the possibility with the most supporting evidence and least assumptions needed to be true, currently.
edit on 10-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join