It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK to Send Five Ships to Baltic as Part of Nato Buildup Against Russia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Mastronaut

You mean the alliance designed to counter the Soviet Union? The alliance that invited Russia to the table? The alliance that has tried time and again to include and work with Russia only to have Putin open his mouth and confirm his stupidity?

I am not sure whats worse.. Putin's stupidity or the people on this site who are incapable of acknowledging it.

Ye I'll build up an anti Xcathdra alliance and then invite you. Then I'll call you stupid when you'll refuse and then I'll coerce most other people into it by bribing their politicians.
And since we're at it, can you link something about this invite into NATO that isn't some pathetic newsliar from your administration? Or is this the usual bs you claim and never reply to?

en.wikipedia.org...

www.nato.int...

He didn't say invite Russia INTO NATO, he said invite Russia to the table.

Either properly cite him or tone down your aggression, hostility, and sophomoric insults, please.

Russia and NATO have both shot down attempts by the other to work closely many times, due to geopolitical differences, though Putin has taken this to something of an extreme.

edit on 12-2-2016 by Ferros because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Except that happened long after the meeting that happened in Sept. of 2013,

what meeting? so what? it happened before maidan......

You can, but it has been shown that video wasn't a year before.

ohh, why does that matter? no one ever said it was a year before. that was just a typo... one that was resolved a few short hours after the video went up.

The violence that Russia is behind, in case you forgot Ukraine was not having problems in those areas until Russia sent in those to start it. And it's funny that 70% of those in the East want to stay as one country...

Russia is behind Ukraine attacking the east? thats so odd...

and how is it relevant that Ukrainians want to stay Ukrainians? no duh.. how is that relevant? they just dont want to be attacked. nor do they want to join the EU.

i dont get this new tactic you are using. its like you dont have a counter so you completely change what the argument is about? you're being weird.
edit on 12-2-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ferros

I misread him, and given our past discussions I had all the reasons.

It'll take 1 copy paste to correct most of this:
"Ye I'll build up an anti Xcathdra alliance and then invite you TO THE TABLE. Then I'll call you stupid when you'll refuse and then I'll coerce most other people into it by bribing their politicians. "

But I'll apologize anyway.

Now @you. Do you realize Russia isn't the soviet union? Do you also realize that talks aren't the same as actions, like including every country up to russian borders and trying hard in many other countries that still refuse? Do you really think somebody in washington gives a # about european safety? The only reason why NATO didn't dissolve in the 90' is to continue to sell weapons and eventually overcome the russian MIC, ensuring the impossibility of a european army and keeping europe subject to american foreign policy.

Just to be sure you understand where I come from: it's not a matter of rooting to have a new hegemony, it's a matter of switching from a unipolar to a multipolar world where Europe, Russia, the USA, China and possibly some other powers co-exist with their "sphere of influence" where smaller countries get bribed by best deals (more or less like in a free market) rather than having the complete power to buy elections and ignore people will.

NATO is nonsense without a russian aggression, so guess why Putin is painted as an aggressor regardless if he does it for real or not or just responds to provocations. It's not a matter of being pro-putin, it's a matter of not being puerile and think that there is a good side and a bad side. There are only bad sides and one is trying to be awful.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Do you realize Russia isn't the soviet union?

Someone should explain that to Putin using small words that he will understand considering he acts like he is in charge of the Soviet Empire, the very empire that collapsed because their leaders made the same mistake Putler is making now.

As for your intentional attempt to change what I said... It doesn't work for putler and it wont work for you. People are smart enough to read and understand what people type so you should stop trying to mislead people by intentionally changing what others say.

As I have stated before - Everything Putin is bitching about with regards to NATO are a direct result of Putin's actipons and his ignorant misinformed belief that ukraine is subject to Russia rule. They are a sovereign nation, just like Georgia, and the sooner Putler, and people with your mind set, understand that the faster we can dial down tensions.

To be honest I dont think Putler wants peace. It would mean having to explain to the Russian people his failures. This way he can continue to blame everyone but himself. While it doesn't fool anyone outside of Russia, the Russian people are slowly coming to the same conclusions and are starting to see putin as a failure.
edit on 12-2-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
"the real problem in the world which is western corporate hegemony"

Right, because what do corporations offer to the individual? You make your own PC from scratch, right? lol.

It seems as well that a lot of corporations are not actually "western" at all.

idk if people really think these kinds of statement through.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Oh I don't know about that... The Russian economy is just leaps and bounds ahead of the "western corporate hegemony"... Same with China's. I forget the west relies on Russian / Chinese ingenuity...

oh wait...

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Someone should explain that to Putin using small words that he will understand considering he acts like he is in charge of the Soviet Empire, the very empire that collapsed because their leaders made the same mistake Putler is making now.

You are leaving out the efforts made to collapse that empire like if it was only soviet's fault. Putin is trying to restore the tzarist empire, not the soviet one and it's a huge difference. The situation is also very different from the late '80s so I think it's not really comparable.

As for your intentional attempt to change what I said... It doesn't work for putler and it wont work for you. People are smart enough to read and understand what people type so you should stop trying to mislead people by intentionally changing what others say.

I understand that you can't understand what is an apology, but if you didn't read I apologized. I'm not campaigning for others and I'm surely not a great writer, don't try to make me seem like I have an agenda, mistakes happens especially when you aren't native english.

As I have stated before - Everything Putin is bitching about with regards to NATO are a direct result of Putin's actipons and his ignorant misinformed belief that ukraine is subject to Russia rule. They are a sovereign nation, just like Georgia, and the sooner Putler, and people with your mind set, understand that the faster we can dial down tensions.

It's called sphere of influence and your country raped the sovereignity of most country in the world, in a way or another. It's blatantly hypocritical to make it seem like putin does it worst. Not like he didn't want to, but he couldn't.

To be honest I dont think Putler wants peace. It would mean having to explain to the Russian people his failures. This way he can continue to blame everyone but himself. While it doesn't fool anyone outside of Russia, the Russian people are slowly coming to the same conclusions and are starting to see putin as a failure.

The problem is that cornering him drew a lot of support. In Europe he was at an all time low before 2014, with all the assassination, oil/gas deals, money laundering, and even the caucasus "incidents" were really viewed as russian aggressions.
But things changed and the ukraine nazi coup was too much and we wouldn't know or care much if it wasn't for Victoria Nuland.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You are leaving out the efforts made to collapse that empire like if it was only soviet's fault. Putin is trying to restore the tzarist empire, not the soviet one and it's a huge difference. The situation is also very different from the late '80s so I think it's not really comparable.

The Soviet union collapsed because communism and that style economy failed. It had nothing to do with the west.

I understand that you can't understand what is an apology, but if you didn't read I apologized. I'm not campaigning for others and I'm surely not a great writer, don't try to make me seem like I have an agenda, mistakes happens especially when you aren't native english.

You didn't apologize. An apology does not contain thinly veiled attacks. It doesn't include comments about posting history. Had you taken the time to read and understand my post while not trying to intentionally distort what I said we wouldn't need to derail the conversation in the first place.

It's called sphere of influence and your country raped the sovereignity of most country in the world, in a way or another. It's blatantly hypocritical to make it seem like putin does it worst. Not like he didn't want to, but he couldn't.

No its called diplomatic relations between sovereign nations. Putin sure likes to bitch about not being treated with respect or as an equal but he sure doesn't mind treating other nations in that manner. It reminds me of a quote from a tv show -

"Russia without Ukraine is a country. Russia with Ukraine is an empire."

Russia is once again repeating history. They didn't get it the first time they went down this road and they aren't getting this time either.

If you don't want NATO or EU on your borders then stop treating those neighboring nations like crap.

The problem is that cornering him drew a lot of support. In Europe he was at an all time low before 2014, with all the assassination, oil/gas deals, money laundering, and even the caucasus "incidents" were really viewed as russian aggressions.
But things changed and the ukraine nazi coup was too much and we wouldn't know or care much if it wasn't for Victoria Nuland.

There was no coup no matter how many times you repeat the lie (Goebbels / Hitler are turning in their grave). They are still viewed as Russian aggression and the only thing thats changed is the number of incidents reduce column inches for reporting on all of them.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It's pretty sad how the NATO countries antagonize the Russians.

These days the only truth one encounters on the world stage is from Russia. For me that is supremely ironic, as I was raised in the 60's, ducking under desks for fear of nuclear war with Russia.

World War III will be provoked by NATO

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Give examples of how they antagonize Russia.

link   
triple post...
edit on 13-2-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   
triple post...
edit on 13-2-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Putin wants peace, mainly because he cannot afford war. And I suspect that he strives to keep what peace there is, but I cursed him when he put Pussy Riot in jail. At least he let them out. In this country they would have received a 20 year sentence and they would still be in there.

Bad news is that the US, owned by the MIC, is vain and belligerent. We should have listened to Ike.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Actually we should have listened to Patton.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Yes, it's been long known, there is a military solution to each and every problem encountered by men.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

Yes, it's been long known, there is a military solution to each and every problem encountered by men.

Well when the problem is created by man...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

The Soviet union collapsed because communism and that style economy failed. It had nothing to do with the west.

This is a shallow analysys. It's also rather unbelievable from a strategic POV that the USA during the last part of the cold war just sit and watched. You can find a few of those actions here www.theage.com.au...

You didn't apologize. An apology does not contain thinly veiled attacks. It doesn't include comments about posting history. Had you taken the time to read and understand my post while not trying to intentionally distort what I said we wouldn't need to derail the conversation in the first place.

I can apologize for what I misread, not for my opinion on the matter. You don't understand why Russia should feel NATO as a threat, just because I misread your sentence and asked for a source doesn't mean I was twisting your words.

No its called diplomatic relations between sovereign nations. Putin sure likes to bitch about not being treated with respect or as an equal but he sure doesn't mind treating other nations in that manner. It reminds me of a quote from a tv show -

Sovereign like Syria? Or Iraq? Or Lybia? Or It's sovereign only when it's russian dealing with Georgia or Ukraine?

If you don't want NATO or EU on your borders then stop treating those neighboring nations like crap.

EU and NATO treat those nations far worse, enslaving them in debt. You like this practice more than russia's warn to not join them, but it's your opinion, not an absolute truth.

There was no coup no matter how many times you repeat the lie (Goebbels / Hitler are turning in their grave). They are still viewed as Russian aggression and the only thing thats changed is the number of incidents reduce column inches for reporting on all of them.

There was, and it's rather hard to negate it. You can debate who supported or did it.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I think NATO has some kind of military training over there. The biggest problem are war in Syria and refugees all over the Europe. Russians will never step into the war with NATO first. They will just defend their territory if NATO decides to attack them. But nevertheless NATO and Russia should be united against Muslims and terrorism.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Actually we should have listened to Patton.

That Patton who wanted to massacre Russians in large numbers and hated their culture? he was a nutcase.

Yes their was a coup you still believe Kiev, Pro EU protests were a success? just look whats happening in Ukraine you have minsters from other Pro EU countries running Ukraine and its ethical areas.

Just like Mikheil Saakashvili, whats a corrupted politician doing in Ukraine? covering his failures?
edit on 14-2-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Give examples of how they antagonize Russia.

Military parades (173rd airborne?) within hundreds of feet of their border is one. The entire MH17 fraud is another, and of course the constant anti-Russian propaganda emanating from the western media.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join