It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do human beings have any inherent responsibilities?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

none what so ever - welcome to reality

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

We were all born with free will. Inherent responsibilities would be...oxymoronic.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

A subjective argument? What rational objective human being will say poor health is responsible? No, saying one has no responsibility to be healthy is inherent stupidity, the kind you are born with.

I do not need to prove that "the latter is better", I need to prove that the latter is an inherent responsibility that we are born with. Yes we are responsible for the health and condition of our bodies. No one nor nothing else has that responsibiliy, unless it is the mother and we are a helpless child. These are inborn existential responsibilities.

It does apply to a helpless child, it just cannot do it. So the mother makes sure the child is healthy. It's written in our very genes.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Do human beings have any inherent responsibilities?

whenever i see a variation on the quintessential question of purpose, i imagine someone walking into the worlds biggest grocery store and asking if theres anything good to eat. use your sense of discernment and you should have an answer soon enough, to put it gently.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

People are responsible for their actions.

You're using the word "Responsible" as an adjective. This is not the same as using the world "Responsibility" as a noun.

originally posted by: Semicollegiate
They get the benefit of good actions and have to suffer the consequences of bad actions.

Tell that to the people who own banks.

In a perfect world, you would be right. However, people are more likely to benefit from the wrong actions than being a good-two-shoes. It's why Psychopaths flock to CEO positions.
edit on 10/2/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Matthew 6:25-34 pretty much covers this. Why do you toil with responsibility of this world?

I'd liken us to caterpillars who are too preoccupied with our responsibilities as caterpillars to ever metamorphose into a butterfly. We put our faith in things that are fleeting, never realizing and investing in the infinite (treasures in heaven, etc).

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Matthew 6:25-34 pretty much covers this. Why do you toil with responsibility of this world?

I'd liken us to caterpillars who are too preoccupied with our responsibilities as caterpillars to ever metamorphose into a butterfly. We put our faith in things that are fleeting, never realizing and investing in the infinite (treasures in heaven, etc).

and there are those who endeavor as worms to make themselves into butterflies, never realizing they already have everything they need to be fruitful.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

and there are those who endeavor as worms to make themselves into butterflies, never realizing they already have everything they need to be fruitful.

Touche. But, luckily for us, God manifest in human form to tell us of our Destiny. The "Son of Man", literally the offspring of the human, is the second birth described by Jesus and entails a metamorphic, transcendental reality. Similar to Plato's Cave allegory. Most of us get too distracted by this shadow reality and never escape the cave. Hindus call it an escape from Samsara, Nirvana, Enlightenment, etc.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Touche. But, luckily for us, God manifest in human form to tell us of our Destiny. The "Son of Man", literally the offspring of the human, is the second birth described by Jesus and entails a metamorphic, transcendental reality. Similar to Plato's Cave allegory. Most of us get too distracted by this shadow reality and never escape the cave. Hindus call it an escape from Samsara, Nirvana, Enlightenment, etc.

i will agree with you on that. heaven, samsara, nirvana, its all a form of escapism, escaping the harsh and unforgiving reality of possessing mass and the sense to comprehend what happens to it. the grass is not greener on the other side, its just in a different spot and occupied by new challenges. are you not challenged enough by this world? or perhaps not rewarded enough? tisk, tisk.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

i will agree with you on that. heaven, samsara, nirvana, its all a form of escapism, escaping the harsh and unforgiving reality of possessing mass and the sense to comprehend what happens to it. the grass is not greener on the other side, its just in a different spot and occupied by new challenges. are you not challenged enough by this world? or perhaps not rewarded enough? tisk, tisk.

Solomon, arguably the richest man in history, with endless material splendor admits: "Everything is Meaningless". Pursuing endeavors in this world is like chasing the wind. I disagree that the New World would be the same, I think it is a whole new way of life that is not plagued by the fleeting pleasures and responsibilities of our contemporary condition. I think the challenge of this world is not to remain here, but to find life... the path is narrow and few have found it.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I want to make the question as clear as possible:
Are human beings born with any responsibilities that they must fulfill?

Yes; the responsibility is: for that eternal entity that occupies a human vessel (YOU) would be only to further its own enlightenment (on a path to realize or connect with its ultimate creator). This system is based upon information discovery; to drag you kicking and screaming into the profoundness of 'knowing' why you exist [at all or in the first place].

edit on 10-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Solomon, arguably the richest man in history, with endless material splendor admits: "Everything is Meaningless". Pursuing endeavors in this world is like chasing the wind. I disagree that the New World would be the same, I think it is a whole new way of life that is not plagued by the fleeting pleasures and responsibilities of our contemporary condition. I think the challenge of this world is not to remain here, but to find life... the path is narrow and few have found it.

Solomon misinterpreted the lesson directed to him personally is all. No context/explanation as to why 'everything is meaningless'. Nothing is meaningless; everything that happens has content or contrast to effect how the eternal soul progresses and there is no arbitrary argument that can be applied, because each one of us is 'individualized' to a specific bewildering experience. It is called "Dante's Inferno".
edit on 10-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Pfft. There is life here. Learn to appreciate what you have.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

a reply to: cooperton

Pfft. There is life here. Learn to appreciate what you have.

A simple concept: gratitude.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join