It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News accidentally reports Donald Trump as the winner in New Hampshire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So this is funny, but also very interesting.

Donald Trump won the New Hampshire primary Tuesday — according to a premature Fox News report.
Citing every precinct reporting, Fox News' website accidentally published election results declaring Trump the winner with 28 percent support and 14 delegates.

“During routine testing in preparation for the New Hampshire primary a malfunction occurred which briefly showed errant data on our website,” Fox News Chief Digital Officer Jeff Misenti said in a statement. “This error has been rectified. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.”

Read more: www.politico.com... EE5t

I wonder how close to the actual voting results Fox would have come up with in their 'test'. It'll be something to watch tonight. If they are dead on, Trump at 28 with 14 delegates along with the others they list in the story, some people might cry foul.

Results so far:

~Tenth
edit on 2/9/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Wow! Something tells me a few handlers are currently getting phone calls to "make the numbers different" so people don't catch on after the results flow in tonight...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
If they are dead on, Trump at 28 with 14 delegates along with the others they list in the story, some people might cry foul.

Agreed. It is mistakes like this that birth conspiracy theories. Though I'm pretty sure it was just an honest mistake.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I wonder if that announcement was just to gauge reactions in case he really does win.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Maybe this wasn't a "mistake". Maybe someone intentionally leaked this in order to try and show the people how the system is rigged?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I think it was sky news today that showed trump leading at 30%, is this for real?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Pretty sure all networks do tests like this. Funny it got accidentally got reported though.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

I think it was sky news today that showed trump leading at 30%, is this for real?

Actually, voting started at midnight last night in some small N.H. towns. Those results already came in and are being reported.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Smells like a big set up to me.

Hope I'm wrong.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
These early town results(from last night)look like what Fox probably reported (the results match up):

Bernie Sanders Prevails and G.O.P. Has 3-Way Tie as 3 New Hampshire Towns Vote

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Honestly, how do we know who actually won at all? They could have been fudging the numbers for years to get who they want in office and we'd never even know.

People who think their vote actually matters are delusional in my opinion. That's why I don't vote, because my vote doesn't matter, whoever they want in office will get in office, the vote of the people be damned.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
They looked like the current avg polling numbers.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

These things happen all the time. They voting precincts do test runs with their computers to tabulate/report votes. Sometimes the software at a news station displays it because someone runs it as the real thing rather than as a test. This literally happens a few times every election.

It doesn't mean the votes are fraudulent. Such a thing isn't really practical from the media angle because you need to convince everyone to report the same numbers. Where fraud occurs (if it happens) is when numbers are sent to the stations in the first place.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Maybe this wasn't a "mistake". Maybe someone intentionally leaked this in order to try and show the people how the system is rigged?

if they didn't figure it out during the 6 coin tosses, they won't ever learn.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If they can fix a simulation, they can fix the final results.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
If they can fix a simulation, they can fix the final results.

They can, but it doesn't happen at the media level. It happens at the local level.

If you want an instruction manual on how to rig an election go watch the documentary Hacking Democracy.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I heard a report on the radio early this morning where they were interviewing prospective voters in New Hampshire. They had a lot of Democrats saying that they didn't care about whether Hillary or Bernie won.....
So they intended to vote Republican instead, so they could push the least electable Republican ahead!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think Trump will come in 3rd tonight - Cruz to win, Kasich second.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Considering the fact that polls across the board show him leading by 20+ points; Trump NOT winning handily would be more of a concern to those worried the tally has been falsified.

Only weeks ago a poll measuring name recognition showed Kasich at a single digit. That means less than 10% of likely Republican voters even knew who he was. Now NYT reporting he is in tie for NH. Ponder that.
edit on 9-2-2016 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Currently there are 3 GOP members in a dead heat:

www.politico.com...

Sanders is slapping Clinton, but only 1% total reporting.

~Tenth

top topics

<<   2 >>

join