It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI formally confirms its investigation of Hillary Clinton’s email server

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

In a letter disclosed Monday in a federal court filing, the FBI confirms one of the world’s worst-kept secrets: It is looking into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server.

Why say this at all, since it was widely known to be true? Because in August in response to a judge’s direction, the State Department asked the FBI for information about what it was up to. Sorry, the FBI said at the time, we can neither confirm nor deny the existence of any investigation.

Now, in a letter dated February 2 and filed in court Monday, the FBI’s general counsel, James Baker, notes that in public statements and congressional testimony, the FBI “has acknowledged generally that it is working on matters related to former Secretary Clinton’s use of a private email server.”

Baker says the FBI has not, however, “publicly acknowledged the specific focus, scope or potential targets of any such proceedings.”

He ends the one-paragraph letter by saying that the FBI cannot say more “without adversely affecting on-going law enforcement efforts.”

www.msnbc.com...

We all knew this was true, but were continually assured by the ardent Hillary supporters and Militant liberals that NOBODY was investigating Hillary. Well, it's official. She is the investigation. This can no longer be denied. If you watch the video, they keep saying it's the worst kept secret in Washington. I guess they kept it under wraps so the few delusional folks could maintain their false hope for as long as possible.

I just hope this ends with justice and not another white water wash.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

How she can possibly, remotely think in her tiny little head, that she can be a leader for the United States of America, is, to me, unfathomable.....

Good find Net- Thanks for sharing.... it took the FBI to insure the facts that we knew were true..... maybe, just maybe, their system needs a facelift as well..

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

This somewhat restores my confidence in the US justice system, for a while there I was convinced that destroying state evidence and pleading ingnorance whilst holding a senior position within the government guaranteed your nomination for the Democratic party.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I recall a thread on here a few months back when her server was taken. Many members reacted in defense of HC's actions and attacked the OP for daring to go there.

There really should be a law that any candidate running for POTUS while having an active FBI investigation, must place campaign on hold until investigation has been completed and candidate is not charged.

I am no historian, so how many times has a POTUS candidate been under formal FBI investigation?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

This somewhat restores my confidence in the US justice system, for a while there I was convinced that destroying state evidence and pleading ingnorance whilst holding a senior position within the government guaranteed your nomination for the Democratic party.

not to be a wet blanket, but the fat lady is still eating. She won't be singing for a few hours yet.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
But wait a minute...I was assured by many on ATS that this was all a bunch of crazy right-wing hooey phooey.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
But wait a minute...I was assured by many on ATS that this was all a bunch of crazy right-wing hooey phooey.

It's obviously still a right wing conspiracy, but we were able to get the FBI to jump in on it too, so the reach and scope of said conspiracy is wide and deep. Haters gotta hate.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

How she can possibly, remotely think in her tiny little head, that she can be a leader for the United States of America, is, to me, unfathomable.....

in all fairness, she would fit in like a glove with what we have right now. I think being caught doing something honest in D.C. can get you 10 years to life.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
While nothing would make me happier than her receiving an all inclusive vacation to ADX Florence Supermax for the remainder of her unnatural life I still think Dear Leader will get her a pass on this.

I will pray to most merciful Cthulhu that I am wrong.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

We all knew this was true, but were continually assured by the ardent Hillary supporters and Militant liberals that NOBODY was investigating Hillary. Well, it's official. She is the investigation.

Funny, I could swear the statement said: "working generally on matters related to former Secretary Clinton’s use of a private email server,” not: "We are investigating former Secretary Clinton on suspicion of criminal activities or treason."

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
There was another article out yesterday or today speculating that the 18 known E-mails between Obama and Hillary's private E-mail that have not been released are causing massive heartburn for the investigative agencies and slowing all progress of any legal actions.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

It is looking into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server.

Why say this at all, since it was widely known to be true?

To put people off.

"Were looking for some stuff, we're talking to some people, we're figuring it all out, and we'll get back to you."

--Chris Rock

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Looks like the Koch brothers have really deep pockets

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I think being caught doing something honest in D.C. can get you 10 years to life.

You're right. They're all guilty or complicit of doing or knowing of something illegal.

The only ones "caught" are those that fall out of favor.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

It's interesting when one actually takes a look at the quote from James Baker:

...the FBI “has acknowledged generally that it is working on matters related to former Secretary Clinton’s use of a private email server.”

Baker says the FBI has not, however, “publicly acknowledged the specific focus, scope or potential targets of any such proceedings.”

Even though the FBI is yet to acknowledge the specifics of the investigation, the highlighted part of the quote clearly shows that investigations are being made into Hillary's use of the private email server, rather than just the server itself.

This is great. Hopefully Hillary will continue to sink from here.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
We all knew this was true, but were continually assured by the ardent Hillary supporters and Militant liberals that NOBODY was investigating Hillary.

For the life of me I can't think of anyone who denied that an investigation was happening. I can think of people skeptical that anything will come of the investigation though.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Oh come on you guys, put on your ATS thinking caps.

We all know that in 16 months from now the FBI will announce that they found no substantial evidence of any criminal behaviour on the part of Hillary Rodham Clinton.

And that'll be the end of that.

Pfft.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

We all knew this was true, but were continually assured by the ardent Hillary supporters and Militant liberals that NOBODY was investigating Hillary. Well, it's official. She is the investigation.

Funny, I could swear the statement said: "working generally on matters related to former Secretary Clinton’s use of a private email server,” not: "We are investigating former Secretary Clinton on suspicion of criminal activities or treason."

You read it right.

So the FBI is obviously investigating so that they can check for wrongdoing by the person or persons responsible for forcing poor Hillary to use her own private email server and forced her to let them also use her private email server, right?

One question though....
If there is nothing to see here, just what is the FBI investigating.... for all this time?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

As much as I love the idea that she's being investigated, I can't help but wonder, will anything even come of it?? Even if she's found to be completely guilty, with her connections, would anything happen?? I guess if nothing else, making it so she can't be president would be nice, but man, I keep hoping they throw the book at her. :

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I would say its to early to say that. Lets see if it ends like the Congregational Bailout reality tv show . A lot of harsh words and no action and no convictions at the top.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join