It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will we know when we have defeated isis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Seems like the world has been fighting Isis for some time. We have some of the most military powerful nations fighting Isis from the USA the uk France and Russia all bombing the crap out of these guys for a few years now, yet it seems we have not really had a major success against them. How long is this going to take and when will we know when they have been defeated? They don't seem to be the type to sign peace treaties or cease fires, so what will victory look like?. This war in Syria needs to end. It's only getting worse creating more destitute and homeless who will soon be wanting a way into Europe, which can't really continue. Can we not help these people start new lives in Iraq? Next door to Syria. Surely safer than a buffer zone in turkey. It's an absolute shambles with no resolution in sight. At first I thought the Russian contribution would bring things to an end sooner. Maybe the west should let Assad and Putin achieve their goals and take it from there? There needs to be some end in sight. I mean this could go on forever

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

How will we know when we have defeated isis?

When we have a one world government and a cashless world.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
We will know they are done when we have a one world government and religion...

Then the real problems begin after a short false sense of peace and well being...

This is what I'm afraid of...

Unless free men of every nation rise up and band together somehow to stop this lie...
edit on 9-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

When they start talking about the next terrorist group that we have to go half way around the world and blow up.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

When every last one of those mucking fonsters are drowning a long painful death in their own def·e·ca·tion.

My hopes are that they are eliminated, entirely in my lifetime. ...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Welcome to WW3..1992 - ?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Yes, and you know what the prime minister of France said ? That they are thinking about extending the state of emergency (which started with the attacks of november 13) until ISIS is defeated. Can you believe this ? link in French

And today, the French parliament voted to write the state of emergency into the French constitution, and you know what ? 75% of the deputies were absent for something THAT important. link in French

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I mean this could go on forever

That is the plan.

The US requires an enemy; Don't know if the rest of the world needs one.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

When they start talking about the next terrorist group that we have to go half way around the world and blow up.

Took the words right out my mouth. Personally though we will still hear about ISIS over the next ten years. After that another terrorist group will come along. We still hear about Al-Quieda and the Taliban. the war on terror is an absolute farce. Prior to 9/11 when did our governments care about terrorism? We still had IRA bombings in the UK, bombings were still happening in the middle east and so on. Back in the 80s and 90s where was our government then tryin to put a stop to terrorism?

Which is why I believe 9/11 was an inside job, I won't go into detail as this isn't the thread for it but after 9/11 the governments jumped on the terrorism band wagon so it could inflict fear on to their people.

Meh maybe I'm waffling .. But yeh when we will see the end of ISIS? 10 years or more, we gotta put boots on the ground first, invade Syria and Iraq (again) and when the war stretched out over the years, the troops will get sent home and leave another country destroyed and messed up just like afghan.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

We've defeated them once before, as AQI/ISI, we can defeat them again.

ISIS is already undergoing significant internal and external pressure. They are facing internal protests and defections, and they're constantly losing land and resources. Plans are being drawn up to take Raqqa and Mosul, and once that happens, i think it will be too difficult for ISIS to recover. They will eventually collapse. I expect that they will cease to exist as a state-like entity by the end of 2017. They will be weakened, but they will probably continue to exist as interconnected underground cells, like Al Qaeda.

While we can defeat ISIS, we truly can't destroy them without combating Salafism/Wahhabism. Salafist Jihadists will exist so long as there is a mechanism which allows them to. Salafism/Wahhabism accommodates that, and we have to take on Saudi Arabia and other gulf states to sort the root of the problem out.
edit on 9-2-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I mean this could go on forever

It will, war is the biggest business on the planet

Once ISIS fades into insignificance like the Taliban, like Al Qaeda, we'll have a new alphabet soup terror organisation rise and the cycle will repeat.

The only way this will ever stop is if we move away from money and capitalism and work together as humans collectively instead of working together within our "tribes" but sadly the only way for humans to all come together is if we receive a threat not from this world but from another world in space

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

How will we know when we have defeated isis?

When we have a one world government and a cashless world.

Spot on.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Star and flag for a great question to ponder on a snowy Tuesday.
I don't think the underlying religious aspect will ever be conquered. There are zealots everywhere in nearly every faith that will seek to terrorize the rest of the world until something extraordinary occurs, I.e. Extra-dimensional/terrestrial life is discovered publicly, the singularity of technology, etc.

That said, IS as a quasi-state can be defeated militarily. It does boggle the mind that they haven't been taken out already, but the Western world is war weary after the Bush led (Obama continued) crusade of the last near two decades. No one wants a ground war which would be necessary to root out the militants from the civilian populations they have infected. The Saudis are trying a one-two punch to the West by both funding these extremists AND crashing the price of oil worldwide shaking the world economy to the near precipice of disaster.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Seems like the world has been fighting Isis for some time. We have some of the most military powerful nations fighting Isis from the USA the uk France and Russia all bombing the crap out of these guys for a few years now, yet it seems we have not really had a major success against them. How long is this going to take and when will we know when they have been defeated? They don't seem to be the type to sign peace treaties or cease fires, so what will victory look like?. This war in Syria needs to end. It's only getting worse creating more destitute and homeless who will soon be wanting a way into Europe, which can't really continue. Can we not help these people start new lives in Iraq? Next door to Syria. Surely safer than a buffer zone in turkey. It's an absolute shambles with no resolution in sight. At first I thought the Russian contribution would bring things to an end sooner. Maybe the west should let Assad and Putin achieve their goals and take it from there? There needs to be some end in sight. I mean this could go on forever

When we've got all the terror.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
ISIS is our guys. That's why we bombed Syria and created refugees, but did not touch ISIS. They work for us.

The Russians came in and had them on the run after about a month of bombing.

The average American will not know we have "defeated" ISIS until some person in authority tells him we have defeated ISIS. Our reality is created by the government and media.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

We have some of the most military powerful nations fighting Isis from the USA the uk France and Russia all bombing the crap out of these guys for a few years now, yet it seems we have not really had a major success against them. How long is this going to take and when will we know when they have been defeated?

Theres your sign, "ISIS" isn't the target, Assad is.

The enemy is us.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The world has been fighting Islam (ISIS) since the crusades. Richard Dawkins gave a very insightful interview on this very topic back in January. Contrast what he says to the constant inane drivel posted on ATS about Christians and Christianity.

www.breitbart.com...

In a text that is coursing about on social media, professional God-slayer Richard Dawkins begrudgingly admitted that Christianity may actually be our best defense against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world.

There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings,” Dawkins said. “I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death.”

In a rare moment of candor, Dawkins reluctantly accepted that the teachings of Jesus Christ do not lead to a world of terror, whereas followers of radical Islam perpetrate the very atrocities that he laments.

Because of this realization, Dawkins wondered aloud whether Christianity might indeed offer an antidote to protect western civilization against jihad.

“I have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse,” he said.

He's postulating that the decline of Christianity has a direct correlation to the rise of Islam.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Nailed it !

End thread.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Out of curiosity, why do you only find him believable when he says something you agree with?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
ISIS is our guys. That's why we bombed Syria and created refugees, but did not touch ISIS. They work for us.

The allies defeated ISIS (then ISI/AQI) in the 2006/2007 Iraqi uprisings, and they're currently dropping bombs on, and engaging in direct combat with, the terrorist organisation. Add to this the fact that the allies are training key partners currently in combat with ISIS, and it should be obvious that we are doing things to hurt ISIS.

Some examples:

Kobane would have been seized and Rojava crippled, if it wasn't for the allied intervention, which continues today.

Cities like Ramadi, Tikrit and Sinjar would still be under ISIS control if it wasn't for the allied intervention and training of affiliated forces.

The Russians came in and had them on the run after about a month of bombing.

Where?

The only significant push made by Russia and it's allies, against ISIS, have been in the Aleppo province and the Palmyra front. Most of Russia's airstrikes have been directed at rebels and other terrorist groups like Jabhat al-Nusra. Yes, Russia has bombed ISIS, but not nearly to the extent of the USA and its coalition.

The average American will not know we have "defeated" ISIS until some person in authority tells him we have defeated ISIS. Our reality is created by the government and media.

This, i can agree with.

edit on 9-2-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join