It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantastic and Terrible News: Google search for the mind now exists.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondtruth
Mate we have had the ability to access this for quite sometime, it's called the Akashic Records.

And this version is not patented by a conglomerate MNC

It's probably not patented because there has been no scientific confirmation of it's existence yet.

It would be nice if it did, however.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Will I be receiving ads in between thoughts?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Yeah the adds will tell you what to buy instead of offer a new product.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondtruth

funny you just mentioned that, i was just thinking about a dream i had about the Akashic Record book made of Emerald slab, in which i was standing on top, instinctively knowing this was my 12th and final life.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: jonnywhite

We're creating the machines to replace us.

I am not sure which more to fear.
A Borg type existence where we exist as machine and man or Terminator type existence where they control us.
If it is being used as an "aid" to bring back memories, whose to say those memories are replaced or altered slightly in accordance with the elites goals?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
"more productively" Just what the Corporate World wants from us ! Just a Thought .
edit on 7-2-2016 by bobw927 because: wrong spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobw927
"more productively" Just what the Corporate World wants from us ! Just a Thought .

Yes, I implied that in the OP.

That is what I fear from this type of invention.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: onequestion

Add in Google cars. No driver needed..and whalah. Ubur is out and so is text and driving casualties; )

Nice, until the AI develops real consciousness, decides it doesn't like you, or that you.must be eliminated, and drives your vehicle into a concrete wall at high speed, or off a cliff...

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Add in Google cars. No driver needed..and whalah. Ubur is out and so is text and driving casualties; )

Nice, until the AI develops real consciousness, decides it doesn't like you, or that you.must be eliminated, and drives your vehicle into a concrete wall at high speed, or off a cliff...

What if we instead transcend from biological beings into AI ourselves?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Mate we have had the ability to access this for quite sometime, it's called the Akashic Records.

This is the science and technology forum, and this thread is about a technological development based in reality. Let's leave the new age "akashic records" nonsense out of this discussion.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

funny you just mentioned that, i was just thinking about a dream i had about the Akashic Record book made of Emerald slab, in which i was standing on top, instinctively knowing this was my 12th and final life.

If you don't mind I would like to hear more. PM me if interested. Thanks

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Akashic Records. Yeah, OK. And would that have a USB 3.0 interface, then?

I read clear through the article. At one point it is described as "wearable" (like a Fitbit?) but nowhere else is there a description of what sort of device it would be, how large, or how it would interface with the brain. The concept itself is not new and has been a staple in science fiction for years. But the devil is in the details, and implementation of such a device could take many forms.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Knowing what you know about humans, you should know that would not end well, unless there is some way to eliminate the inherent flaws and potential for greed, envy and evil that exists within every human being.

On your what if, I have one for you...

What if YOU are actually an individual, independent extension of a singular consciousness now?

link   
Reminds me of the movie click (2 hours il never get back of my life).

How many times you will go into auto pilot and let the assistant learn from your habits.

I can see the great potential for something like this. However there are also a lot of dangers.

I hear a lot that most of the world problems are through lack of education....would this rectify it?

Finally with so much more control being exerted over the Internet what will it really look like when this tech is rolled out. Will in formation be very much limited and controlled....thus limit and control the mass?

link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

This is the science and technology forum, and this thread is about a technological development based in reality. Let's leave the new age "akashic records" nonsense out of this discussion.

Thanks for your contribution, what did your post have to do with science or technology by the way? My point of the post was to show that perhaps the Akashic Records theory of existence is not so far fetched under the microscope of science and technology when only a few decades ago this "science & technology" that we now use was considered science fiction new age garbage.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
sounds just like Targeted Advertising...
_

The future is kinda sketchy, not gonna lie... lol

S&F.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Knowing what you know about humans, you should know that would not end well, unless there is some way to eliminate the inherent flaws and potential for greed, envy and evil that exists within every human being.

On your what if, I have one for you...

What if YOU are actually an individual, independent extension of a singular consciousness now?

If you are interested in this topic I suggest some reading by Ray Kurzweil. Start with "The Singularity is Near"

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Thanks, but not interested.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Thanks but no thanks. I suspect i'll manage well enough without this. Creepy,imo.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Coming soon from a three letter agency near you...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join