It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: The Force awakings... Damn I fell asleep.. Really!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
As the title states. Yep. I paid out good money for the Ultra HD, here's a set of 3D GLASSES TO REMEMBER THE EXPERIENCE.. Glasses.
I blame the sushi.
I planed it out. Wait 3 to 4 weeks.. pick a school night.. 10:30 pm was the show time. Fandangooooo! Go!
Also I was a big fan of a real lightSaber / a real sword fight.. ( complain about Anikin or Obe do not! ) Best light/Sword fights..

Then the theatre was ask to Don the glasses. I felt weird. I made it to the episode roll up screen... I got to Daisy Ridley flying the Melanium Falcon... then Harrison Ford escaping tumbling monsters like Indiana Jones....
Next the end credits were rolling..

Man I was PO'd.
I fell asleep!

Crap.. I paid for the XD experience.. it was me and 2 more souls in a theatre of 150+... so yeah.. 3 people..

Anyway. I feel I should share my FABU!

I feel ashamed.. I'm 41. This is my movie franchise. Books. Games. Whisky Tango Foxtrot?!

Let me explain better.. I fell asleep after the famous episode explanation. Then I saw her flying the Falcon. Then a brief Solo. End credits... that's all I saw! MF!

edit on 5-2-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Even in the worst movies I could never fall asleep in a movie theater. haha

Was it out of boredom or were you just tired or something?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I knew you'd show for sure! I'm not sure. I love my Star wars.. I saw the very first one. Gaming and books made it better. I have never done this. It's been 2 weeks. But I swore I would not do it again. So of course I'm buying the movie. And will disect it per 20 min rewinds and rehearing everyword.

I drank a pot of coffee..

Yes when I was in my twenties... I snuck in a lot of Vodka to see jurassic park 2... I stayed awake..
Granted it was 3° Out. The seats were nice. Theater was warm. I still drank a double super slurpee of Coke.

And I fell asleep.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

I knew you'd show for sure! I'm not sure. I love my Star wars.. I saw the very first one. Gaming and books made it better. I have never done this. It's been 2 weeks. But I swore I would not do it again. So of course I'm buying the movie. And will disect it per 20 min rewinds and rehearing everyword.

Then it is in my professional ATSer opinion that you were abducted by either aliens, the government, ISIS, Syrian Refugees, or Donald Trump (or all of them at once) within the first 20 minutes of that movie.

Case closed! Mods... feel free to both move this thread to the "Confirmed Conspiracies" forum and also make that forum...

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Then it is in my professional ATSer opinion that you were abducted by either aliens, the government, ISIS, Syrian Refugees, or Donald Trump (or all of them at once) within the first 20 minutes of that movie.

Case closed! Mods... feel free to both move this thread to the "Confirmed Conspiracies" forum and also make that forum...

[/quote

that Absolutely made my night!
Mods! Do as you were instructed!

I have a huge laughing smile on my face!😂

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Tis the beauty of waiting patiently for the bluray...restart on demand.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I tried to watch that movie a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the copy I had was a voiceover in Russian with Spanish subtitles. (don't ask)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Man is that true. But its been my movie theatre go to for almost 4 decades.

Edit: that and a Bond flick.... OK the Muppets too.
edit on 6-2-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Watched the first one in awe at the theater with sticky floors as a kid; I understand.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

No need to explian. I saw a copy of Episode 3 from an FBI buddy that had a copy from a case here. Granted it had the counter on the bottom. I saw it within the first week it was out at the movies. I still was very happy.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

My Van shoes understands. Thinking back now. I hope that was soda.😕

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

My Van shoes understands. Thinking back now. I hope that was soda.😕

No comment' however, you made me laugh!

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
once you hit the age of like..25+, its best to catch movies at the 7-8pm max I think, or just wait for a quiet sunday afternoon.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Good. 😆

I should have gone with my gut.
Do I have a 3D Tv. Yes.
Do I have a 3kWT sound system.. yes.
Do I have a bathroom and kitchen nearby. Yes.
Should I have waited then. That's still up for debate. But yes I should have. 😊

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I'm 41 now. Sleep is optional. But mostly loved. Really loved as I have found out.😁

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Good. 😆

I should have gone with my gut.
Do I have a 3D Tv. Yes.
Do I have a 3kWT sound system.. yes.
Do I have a bathroom and kitchen nearby. Yes.
Should I have waited then. That's still up for debate. But yes I should have. 😊

Regret is a terrible thing.

Did you ever watch a movie that was so good that you wished that you could forget it and watch it again for the experience all over again?

Well, you've got it!!

Congratulations....

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I almost did the same thing. Not because I didn't like the movie but because I had been working long hours and it was the middle of the week. But most of all because I went to the "good theater with the good seats". They reclined back with leg supports and a tray you could swing around in front of you to hold your snacks even. All and all it was great but almost too comfy for me as I kept catching myself nodding off.

But I "forced" myself to stay awake like a good Jedi and made it through.

Glad I did too or I'd be pissed like you are now.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
My girlfriend falls asleep within 10 minutes of me putting a film on.She actually fell asleep watching The Dark Knight Rises at the IMAX ODEON.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
After going to the cinema to watch it. I'll never go to a cinema again. I need to be in control of the sound level, the play and pause button and rewind button. Cinemas are probably the worst place to watch a film. After 40 mins of previews and adverts, I was left partially deaf, needing a pee and uncomfortable.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
After going to the cinema to watch it. I'll never go to a cinema again. I need to be in control of the sound level, the play and pause button and rewind button. Cinemas are probably the worst place to watch a film. After 40 mins of previews and adverts, I was left partially deaf, needing a pee and uncomfortable.

YES! ... *slow claps*

Exactly how I've always felt!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join