It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galatians; The purpose of the Law

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
... I'll be there with bells on

This normally means that you will be ready to have your leg pulled.
Or is that not a Canadian saying?
edit on 8-2-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Some of us have three legs here...

that might get weird

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

One question

Equal or Not?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
"And in this Trinity none is afore or after the other; none is greater or less than another;
But the whole three persons are co-eternal together and co-equal". Athanasian Creed.

"In personal subsistence, the Father is first, the Son second, and the Holy Spirit third.
It need hardly be said that this order does not pertain to any priority of time or of personal dignity [see above],but only to the logical order of derivation.
The Father is neither begotten by, nor proceeds from, any other person;
The Son is eternally begotten of the Father
and the Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son from all eternity".
Louis Berkhof, Systematic Theology, p88.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

29 His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.

30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

John 16

31 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?
edit on 8-2-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Have you lost track of what your point was?

He talks of "being in the Spirit", provided that you have the "Spirit of God dwelling in you", and then provided that you "have the Spirit of Christ", which is obviously the same condition. He is talking about one and the same Spirit all the way through, applying different labels. There is only one Spirit.

source of quote: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Either way you want to translate the word, it doesn't change the fact that you were trying to use it as evidence of them being the same spirit and/or evidence of there being only 1 spirit.

Do you not recognize that there is a trinity?

Jesus in the flesh and the Holy Spirit as a dove surely says they have separate bodies. Jesus speaking to Father, praying on what to do, and only Father knowing the time Jesus will return surely says they have different souls/awareness. So, what? Separate bodies, and separate souls, but not separate spirits?

Romans 8:11 (KJV)
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Is "the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead" the same spirit as the spirit of Christ?

If not then you're obviously wrong...

but that wasn't my point - my point wasn't to show you that you were wrong. My point was to help you understand what you've been trying to conceive for so long.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep
Either way you want to translate the word, it doesn't change the fact that you were trying to use it as evidence of them being the same spirit and/or evidence of there being only 1 spirit.

You are still failing to read my words
I have not said that they ARE the same spirit.
I have said that they jointly own and SEND the same Spirit.

Do you not recognize that there is a trinity?

Of course I do. That is clear enough from the words I have written which you have not read.
I said there is a Father.
I said there is a Son.
I said they jointly SEND the Holy Spirit.
Father, Son, Holy Spirit, that's the Trinity.

Until you can learn to focus your attention and READ what other people are saying, you will not be able to grasp what they are saying, and therefore you will not be able to answer them successfully.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Can you not understand the example I keep giving you over and over?

Look at these as all carrying the same spirit, yet each being their own:

1.These words are images of my awareness. (Word/Image/Jesus)
2.My awareness is of my spirit. (Awareness/Translator/Father)
3.My spirit is the will to write these words to you, so that you understand that if you are lead by the spirit of God, and if you follow Jesus, you are following along the same spirit of God, as Jesus does his Father's will.(Will/Spirit/Holy Ghost)

1-3. These very words are what I saw in my spirit: they are how I see my will/desire/spirit to explain the Trinity to you. (All 3 in 1)

Romans 8:
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Galatians 4:
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

If Jesus does Father's will, and you follow Jesus...

You are led by the same Spirit that he is led by!!

Can you still not see?

In John 14, he tells you that he does his Father's will. That is what his whole deal is about: telling you that he is his Father's son, The Word does his Father's will -- there is only one Lord.

Everyone in the Trinity is doing God's will: What Father sees in the Spirit: Yeshua is the image thereof, like my words, and my body as I type these words, are my image of my awareness of my will.

Once you can come to understand these sayings you will see it everywhere. It is what reality is.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep
All I can see is that you have not grasped the point I was making myself, so we can make no further progress until you do.
Father
Son
Holy Spirit
That is all I have to say.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join