It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northrup releases a 6th Gen teaser

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: quatro
So will the LRS-B have any sort of optical stealth? Presumably we want these things to be able to fly in clear skies and broad daylight. Not sure if that vid is a hint towards it or not.

Absolutely, in fact optical stealth has been around for years, its called paint.

(sorry)..

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Or in the case of WW1 aircraft,dyed linen

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You've had me analysing the video frame-by-frame in HD!!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gfad

The X-47 doesn't quite match the X-47. There are some subtle differences between what we've seen, and what's in the video.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The one they show being built in the background is the one that really intrigues me. It doesn't seem to match the "schematics" being shown on the monitors while its on screen.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: stupidusernamehere

I was wondering if anyone would notice that one.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: stupidusernamehere

What's different?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

It looks subtly different than the others.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
could be a trick of the camera angle. wings look slightly longer. trailing edge looks less acute and more obtuse. this thing carries slightly more or has something more packed into her fuselage?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Hi Guys , I've just had a really thorough look through the video and I've observed a few things I was wondering if you'd care to share any opinions or shed any light on what I may or may not have seen ok so as mentioned earlier in the thread the computer screen at around 6 seconds I believe it has been mentioned about the planform on the right hand side of the screen, to me it looks like the Amarillo sighting shape . Also on the screen I don't know if anyone else noticed but on the left hand side above the top down view planform of the x47 it kind of looks like light reflecting on the screen but on closer inspection its a very faded out planform I've never seen before , like a very elongated diamond shape with maybe cranked kite wing ends right at the very back but hard to tell as viewing on my phone. Any thoughts?
The next thing that caught my attention was the fact there were 3 , 6th generTion fighters bobbing and weaving around, is this a cheeky nod to the formation that was seen in Amarillo ??

Could just be an uploading or graphical thing but at 11 seconds there is a glitch behind the left wing of the aircraft closest to the camera right before it rolls, anything in it (I was thinking in terms of the optical stealth that people keep mentioning)?

As mentioned the plane flying above the fighters appears to look more like the planform on the right hand side of the screen at the beginning until it zooms in and appears to be the x47 flying into the sunset however I'm no plane Id expert but to me the wings on this aircraft appear to skinny to be the x47 especially when you compare to the row of x47s on the carrier deck with wings folded up? Is that just me ?

Finally when you see the long distNce shot of the aircraft on final approach to the carrier, before you zoom into the front of it I thought the plane looked almost Dorito shaped with a domed top but could just be because I'm viewing on my phone. Any thoughts?

Really interested to hear what you guys think and hope we get to see the real things soon!!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Am I being naive in thinking that anything actually worth seeing wouldn't/can't be shown in a promo vid?

These videos seem to be in the same spirit as the concept drawings that regularly came out of manufacturers in yesteryear.

With hindsight- the vast majority of those concept drawings didn't reveal any details evident in today's classified/semi classified projects - instead they were created by marketing teams (based on broad descriptors) to convey the required marketing message of the day.

edit on 10-2-2016 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

No they're not going to reveal anything black but they'll show things like the UCLASS design.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: spaceaceuk
Yes I see the same of you on the computer sreen cool

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: spaceaceuk
Also on the screen I don't know if anyone else noticed but on the left hand side above the top down view planform of the x47 it kind of looks like light reflecting on the screen but on closer inspection its a very faded out planform I've never seen before , like a very elongated diamond shape with maybe cranked kite wing ends right at the very back but hard to tell as viewing on my phone.

On second glance I think the left hand side 'hidden' planform might be that of the 6th generation fighter concept

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Here you go guys. The same video, different voiceover. Pretty much explains itself though.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
what caught my attention is not the UCLASS but the manufacturing process, mostly robotic and human resources only for quality control.

What does this mean ?, serial production of almost identical components and aircrafts.

Another thing that caught my attention was the design of the 6th generation aircraft with highly swept wing.

i do not know why but it vaguely resembles the f-117.

edit on 10-2-2016 by drwire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: drwire

Let's remember that this is a marketing video & is weighted heavily toward branding and feel rather than reality. That being said we can glean some information from it, but it's not like they're going to be showing actual blue prints or secret projects.

I'm pretty sure the robotic manufacturing facility is there to feel futuristic and cool, I doubt they have the robots from Iron Man building their planes.

As for the designs on the screen in the manufacturing facility/hangar I think they have one of everything up there. I see a UCLASS, B2, 6th Gen Fighter & some other type of flying wing looking deal.

As someone said earlier the X-47 looking craft we see directly after the fighters has something different going on with the wings. They do appear to be thinner (width wise) and longer than the X-47 / UCLASS and I swear the hump in the body is fatter as well. 3D guys taking a little artistic license with reality to make it look cooler for the shot? Possible I guess.

edit on 10-2-2016 by PhantomTwo because: I can't spell

edit on 10-2-2016 by PhantomTwo because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2016 by PhantomTwo because: Come on really? How many mistakes can one guy make?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

that voice over is the Captain Obvious version. I prefer the more ambiguous one.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
although it could be artistic license notice how powerful, but tinsy, the engines are on the 6th gen concept. what's up with that?

also, it does seem like the "x47b" in question has a wider and fatter body or hump.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

and the ailerons seems long...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join