It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dublin boxing weigh-in: Man shot dead, two men injured

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

A man has been killed in a shooting at a weigh-in for a World Boxing Organization (WBO) title fight in the Republic of Ireland

It is understood the gunmen were dressed as police officers and armed with AK47 assault rifles.

Dublin boxing weigh-in: Man shot dead, two men injured

The world was already a very sick place. It just got sicker.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It's a miracle only one person died. Multiple people with ak47, even if only rudimentally trained, should hit way more than just three targets in a crowded room.

It's still tragic and awful, but could've been way, way worse... Much love to those involved

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Something news worthy happened in Dublin???

Pretty amazing really though that only one person died in this attack, this is undoubtedly tragic for all those involved but it could have been much worse.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
From what i've read its very much a targeted gang thing, so they went in did the hit on the person and got out. Its a very murky thing by the looks of it but it doesn't surprise my as with boxing its big money and thus big risks

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
right who wants to start taking bets as to how long it takes the first American to show up and say

"ahhh what about those strict gun laws yo' dudes have in England"

???

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
tiochfadh ar la

no?? grrr
edit on 5-2-2016 by laminatedsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
right who wants to start taking bets as to how long it takes the first American to show up and say

???

hahaha yep. Same as with Aussie.

see, they are the first to lament criminals have guns so they all should. but never say boo when an ex cop goes mad. or when a kid gets honest daddys gun and shoots sister.

but lo and behold !! a country with strict gun laws, they go mental.

funny af really.

the event.. not so much
edit on 5-2-2016 by laminatedsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

We aren't that moist.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So what was the beef?

I mean F America YEAAAAAH stupid Americans.

Cakes.
edit on 5-2-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

???

If only that boxer had a pistol in his underoos........I mean besides his.....anatomical one...

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Just a Gangland shooting..... they are probably tidying up the place....

If it is the 'Byrne' I think of..... this could get pretty nasty in weeks to come....

Pity they picked an event in Public....

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

We do not yet know how many shots were fired. That may have a bearing on the sort of individuals we are dealing with.

If the hit was carried out by one operator, and then covering fire was provided for their retreat, it would make some sort of sense, although for preference, I would have elected for a sole operator to deliver a single suppressed shot to the skull of the target. It may be that some shots were fired to clear collateral targets from the killzone, and that follow up shots, perhaps in the form of a three round group, were fired into the target, followed by the covering fire I mentioned earlier.

There would be little reason to send two operatives with AK47s after an unarmed target though. It seems a needlessly messy way to deal with something, unless a message of some sort was being sent. Of course, the dead man cannot have been the intended recipient of that message, for obvious reasons. The dead learn nothing, save for the answer to the mystery of what lies beyond. The question then, is who was the message intended for?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Allegedly it was coc aine dealers proving how much their brains have shrunk.
Expect more.
Support the Guards.

. . . Ireland's top coc aine-smuggling gang.
www.thejakartapost.com...
edit on 5 2 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

So there is a familial connection between one of the boxers, and a gang of drug peddlers.

You would have thought, since the boxer is trying to earn an honest living by beating the snot out of another person (that's not a dig, I rather like a bit of boxing now and again), that he would have made it clear to any underworld types he is familiar with, that their presence in his place of legitimate business, is not conducive to his business aims, and therefore, without wishing any ill feeling, he would prefer that they observe the fight on cable rather than rock up to the venue.

If I was the fellow in question, I would be rather aggravated by this situation. This is career ending stuff, unless his PR man and management are some sort of geniuses of course.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I hadn't considered the effect of a highly publicised drug dealing murder on the world of boxing.

Seems it may be a major problem in Irish sport.

Cocaine dealers have infiltrated a soccer club and are targeting children as young as seven to set them up for a life in crime, the Irish Mirror can reveal.

. . .

He said: “This has been happening in the club for nearly a decade. Gardai became suspicious when they started finding many of the lads they were arresting belonged to the same club.

www.irishmirror.ie... aine-dealers-infiltrate-soccer-set-6922404

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

This would be a disaster for any sports outfit.

Drugs in sport are being scrutinised like never before, what with the amount of cheating that is going on. Links to professional smugglers and dealing outfits, are not something which a sporting association in this day and age can afford, because apart from the issues of physical security that presents, not to mention loosing team and management members to gang warfare and being addled by narcotics, they also face loosing legitimacy and funding from sources like the national lottery, the removal of advertisement funding, their places in whatever leagues they might be in. Also, having dealers in their midst calls into question the sporting outfit or figure, in terms of whether or not they have been hooked up with performance enhancers.

The whole thing is s disasterpiece for a genuine sportsperson.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

We must identify the sports personalities with the wittiest repartee and examine the interior of their nostrils for enhancing powder.

Perhaps that's why some of them play dumb, to throw us off the scent.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Right. I will get the black cloth bag and the gaffa tape, you go and find Wayne Rooney's address. No one plays dumber than that guy!

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Our service to the world of sport will not go unnoticed.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: alldaylong

We do not yet know how many shots were fired. That may have a bearing on the sort of individuals we are dealing with.

If the hit was carried out by one operator, and then covering fire was provided for their retreat, it would make some sort of sense, although for preference, I would have elected for a sole operator to deliver a single suppressed shot to the skull of the target. It may be that some shots were fired to clear collateral targets from the killzone, and that follow up shots, perhaps in the form of a three round group, were fired into the target, followed by the covering fire I mentioned earlier.

There would be little reason to send two operatives with AK47s after an unarmed target though. It seems a needlessly messy way to deal with something, unless a message of some sort was being sent. Of course, the dead man cannot have been the intended recipient of that message, for obvious reasons. The dead learn nothing, save for the answer to the mystery of what lies beyond. The question then, is who was the message intended for?

"We do not yet know how many shots were fired" - so what?

"If the hit was carried out by one operator" - you watch too much TV, of the conspiracy variety.

"and then covering fire was provided for their retreat" - covering fire from what? The completely unarmed people who were at the venue.

"I would have elected for a sole operator to deliver a single suppressed shot to the skull of the target" - again, too much TV and really you're really far too full of your own BS

"It may be that some shots were fired to clear collateral targets from the killzone" - WTF does that even mean?

"and that follow up shots, perhaps in the form of a three round group" - can't decide if this is too much TV or you are really off in La-La land here - bit of both?

"were fired into the target, followed by the covering fire I mentioned earlier. " - ah, yes the covering fire to protect against the unarmed civilians who had all run away by now.

"There would be little reason to send two operatives with AK47s after an unarmed target though" - says who? You? What about needing someone to provide the "covering fire" or whatever guff you came out with earlier?

"It seems a needlessly messy way to deal with something, unless a message of some sort was being sent." - or that you wanted to kill a gangland boss and didn't know how many other people you might need to deal with - especially in a boxing venue. Or that you wanted to make sure he was really dead - really, really dead.

"Of course, the dead man cannot have been the intended recipient of that message, for obvious reasons. The dead learn nothing, save for the answer to the mystery of what lies beyond. " Flipping Feck it's Sherlock True Brit Holmes.

"The question then, is who was the message intended for?" - so you've gone from this could be this, or this could be that, to this is definitely a message for persons unknown.

Hows the ironmongers business going?

Have you been able to use your incredible detective skills to prove yet that you aren't a twisted bigot and that the gay boys had it in for you, came in with a Gay Kay 47 to buy a lock, just because they knew in advance you wouldn't refund it, then they pulled out in a 4x4 cover formation and retreated quickly while you were blowing kisses at them from the kerbside?

I mean come on, you are clearly gifted (in your own mind at least) at solving crimes - you've already solved this shooting crime involving gangland bosses in 2 minutes - surely you can solve a crime involving bangland bum boys even quicker than that?

Or is it an inside job? Are you one of the bumboys from the bangland, are you the one that was on the inside.

Etc.

Honestly, you bang on about "rights", ignore the obvious rights of the people of this country where "minorities" are involved, even though you got Royally butt #ed by those laws yourself, then insult the memory of these people at this boxing weigh in by playing amateur detective and claiming to "know" what you're talking about - which you clearly don't.

Have you no shame, or is it a typical case of the left minded idiots like you who infest this country? - and that is that what you say and do must be accepted as alright, but anything anyone does or says that you don't like - they are fair game for a stringing up.

You sir, and those just like you, are full on knob jockeys - in my most humble of opinions.

edit on -06:0020160America/ChicagoSun, 07 Feb 2016 16:31:47 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0231 by Power_Semi because: Blah Blah whatever

top topics

<<   2 >>

join