It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is my road rage ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

Oh that's a new and good one! "Sweet dreams and flying machines" sounds awesome to say. I just might take that and say it to my boy at night.

Well maybe there's room for two best drivers in the world. Me and you friend
we got this all figured out. We are in the know about driving
haha

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
i always smile politly.
the cacoon of a car seems to give some people a different attitude, you shouldnt take it personally.

Exactly! I was seriously telling this lady today that people in cars and on the internet act differently than they would face to face contact.. It's so insane to me!! And a drag.
I took it way too personally when I know I shouldn't have. Next time I will be the bigger person and shrug it off.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Hahaha! I will pull out some crazy faces instead of crazy following next time for sure. I acted out of impulse and not thinking straight. I'm glad the red light caught me

I'm going with puffed cheeks would look pretty silly.. They wouldn't know what to think.. Haha!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I love my fellow riders. Whether I know them or not.
It doesn't seem like you took my reply personal, and I'm happy and appreciate seeing that.

This one dude crashed one time back in the wind,
He was wearing a decent leather protective jacket.
He was the type that likes baggy clothing.
His baggy jacket caused him to get chunks of skin ripped off his body, due to the jacket curling up in several places during slide.
Needless to say, the curls brought the skin with it.
I cap on the baggy people as well.
Til this day, I don't get how anyone thinks that sh!t is cool.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: natalia

Use it, please.

Best Driver-
There's another ol saying....
"This town ain't big enough for the both of us."

Maybe that's why we live in different towns.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If they flip me off I usually smile and wave. Nothing makes them more mad.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

Damn, that's just brutal. I've only had a couple spills and they were no more than a little scrape here or there. But I've had plenty of close calls. Even had a young deer hit me before with my g/f on the back. It came up along side of us out of nowhere and hit us. I just leaned in to it and knocked it down and we kept going. It was a very strange and surreal moment. I just got lucky that it hit us broadside and in the center. If it had hit further forward it would have got my bars or my wheel and it would have been all bad for us.

We were fully clothed and helmeted but it still would have hurt an awful lot and I'd hate to have damaged her pretty anything. There are lot's of unknown and unseen dangers when riding in the mountains I've found over the years. Things you just never think will happen, happen.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Dude......you must be Irish.

Mountain riding is one of the best.
And I agree......flipn DANGEROUS.
Traffic or not.

May I ask what you ride?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoadCourse

Dude......you must be Irish.

Mountain riding is one of the best.
And I agree......flipn DANGEROUS.
Traffic or not.

May I ask what you ride?

I have a 1500 intruder now but back then it was just a little honda that i had to save me money on gas. It was 45 min. down the hill just to get gas and my el camino just wasn't worth it. That little bike got me all over the place for a fraction of the price.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: natalia
I just wanted to know why did she flip me off when it was clearly unnecessary to do so. She had almost ran into me. And I was furious as to that gesture..

You would be better off ranting at God, he's the one that put Cumans on the Earth. I blame God all the time!

People do gestures like that in shock, deliberately as if that would advantage them, (especially if someone is with them) or staking a claim to the blame game, almost as if an accident had actually happened. The mind is a wonderful thing, People can be crazily rational unto themselves when they do something daft.
A case in point, I'm driving down an A road and approach a crossroads and slow a little anyway following the Justin Casey meme, (not necessarily what some driving instructors might tell you), next thing a Toyota pulls out, from my right, and across my beam at a positive right angle, shows me first an open palm, then gestures with same hand to show me that she had a microwave appliance up to her lughole in the other hand...as if I hadn't seen the fecking thing already. So like it's I'm on the phone..okay?
Since I'm already stopped, I wave her on her way, however she wasn't heading straight across, she was turning right and had to back up a little to make the turn.

Still and all, she presented me with a face like a fractured fart as she departed even though....

Since you stopped in your scenario, you saved yourself injury and a heap of aggro and shinola, so WTF are you worrying about?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69

A friend of mine said he looks at it to mean they're saying, "You're number one!!" So he can appreciate it when someone flips him off.

Whatever works I guess.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: natalia

I always calm myself and inject a little of my humor when I get flipped off on the road I make the blow job face and action with my free hand,it gets the best reactions.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69

Another thing that really makes people mad is driving the posted speed limit.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Typically I try to let go of the stupid rage we feel when driving.

Someone passes me on a no passing lane I sometimes speed up Oh no you don't! But ha...why? Just let them go to their demise...

Oh the finger? I smile and wave or maybe a thumbs up...why? Kills em with kindness and then they really flip a lid! Wait I just told that guy FU and gave him the bird...he smiles and waves??? WHAT THE FOOOOOOOO... hehe

It's all good Nat, sometimes it is hard to step out of our own bubble and see they had sh*t day we had a sh*t day its just been a SH*T day and let it all go...

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
i have got to get ahold of myself. I don't want to drive anymore. Yes I know, ignore other drivers, But it sure seems like my brain won't let me.

Today some teens cut me off and I had to slam my breaks and then sit behind them at a red light, and the passengers of the vehicle were laughing and jumping and looking back at me like it was The funniest thing to almost cause a wreck. I'm sure they saw it as a winning thing, like oh hahahahaha we got in front of this lady so we are one car ahead now!! Woo flipping hoo!!! They go to the high school that is up the street from us and in the same area as my boys school. So we were all going to the same area, turning in the same drive.

All I could do was shake my head. And I told my boy how unsafe it is to drive like that. Then once I dropped my boy off I lost it. I was blubbering coming back home. Just so upset and disappointed about how these teens were driving and not being safe. It made me sad for them and there was anger as well.

I get home and my husband sees I'm upset and I tell him what happened. He plainly states that I get so easily upset over vehicle incidences. I tell him I know I do. It's like my fear overtakes me as I'm driving and then when a near collision happens my emotions just explode. And I think it's because of my two collisions in the past.

My grandma just told me to use my calm spirit. She thinks I hold my feelings in and then they all come out when I drive. She said she is seeing a pattern of me only getting upset at strangers in vehicles. I know I have the power to overcome.. But my goodness it's hard.

I know teens aren't the best drivers. I need to be grateful that I slammed my breaks in time and umm at least I didn't follow them like a crazed maniac....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join