It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan is on the brink after US invests $100 billion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

The russians were there for ten years so the lessons were there in history. But Bush put no stock in history or science. It is that vote, IMO, that will lose Hillary the democrat vote in the end. It is all part of the Wall Street ties and making money for stockholders.

Hell its the UK FOURTH afghan war....FOURTH!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Just like to point out it was a fairly stable country... but Russia did a number on them long before we mucked around in there.

The biggest problem my uneducated self sees with the failed reconstruction in both Iraq and Afghanistan is we dont have the patience for it... people want to flip a switch and scream its all better.

It took Japan 15 ,16 years to have a strong economy and that is considered by some to be a miracle.

Afghanistan has been in a state of war since '79...(we really missed a chance after the Russians pulled out) think about that how many kids never new a years peace. To take them from there to a stable country would take decades of work at a minimum.

I dont know the right choice to make... but they still need help, they still deserve help from Russia and from America, I just doubt they will get it, and I expect them to fade into obscurity once more in the near future.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

The russians were there for ten years so the lessons were there in history. But Bush put no stock in history or science. It is that vote, IMO, that will lose Hillary the democrat vote in the end. It is all part of the Wall Street ties and making money for stockholders.

Both parties. Don't fall into the trap that one side is fraudulent and the other isn't. They both work toward similar ends.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: spinalremain
Sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join