It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Android vs iPhone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
iTunes is pretty crap, I've lost so much music over the years updating from one computer to another I do like Apple Music though so that's made up for it a little bit. Much easier to make playlists and hear new music you like

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Iphone all the way...

Personally I don't want to screw around with my phone... android is more complicated then it needs to be...

I use my phone for texting and games when im bored... the I6 is lightning fast for everything

I've played with a few of the new Android phones... don't like them at all...

my 2 cents

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I wonder which one the rappers prefer when they smuggle them up their cornholios into prison so they can drop that next hot fire mix tape.

iphone? edge? Windows phone????????

galaxy note 5?
edit on 4-2-2016 by Lysergic because: great cornhole

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Gateway desktop.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MonaMonina
this is for those of you complaining about iTunes.
I hate iTunes as well I use copy teans which is way better .. Their are a few other alternative programs that are better just google iTune alternate.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I am a broadswords and axes kind of fellow. For all that I would feel more at home on the engineering deck of the Enterprise, than I would in a modern day computer lab, I am quite old fashioned, and believe very much in technology that I can fix with a hammer.

While neither Apple products, nor Android products have the ability to deal very well with heavy engineering tools being applied to them with force, Android gear is seeing me right at the moment. I got my first smartphone last year, and the package came with a tablet, all for the one bundle price, which was very reasonable indeed.

My colleague and long time associate has had an iPhone for around the same amount of time, but it is the second one he got. The first one he had was just crap. It had massive problems with reception, audio clarity either at the handset, or at the other end of the line, or both, messages were arriving late, and this was from fresh out of the box. The second one he had is not too terribly much better, but he is now waiting for his contract to expire so that he can get a shiny new phone of some sort, preferably one which is not a glorified paperwieight with delusions of user friendliness.

I was so impressed with my Android device, that I celebrated its acquisition with a thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Since that time, the only thing that has bugged me is that there appears to be an issue with video playback on my phone just at the moment. There were however, no out of the box issues, no hardware problems, set up was simple, use of the UI was a piece of cake, and getting apps and functionality how you want it is just sooo fast and intuitive. And trust me, it has to be. I have had access to programs like Microsoft Word, and Excel since I was a child, and I still cannot word process a document properly, cannot understand the margin tools, or any of that crap, and do not, do NOT get me started on that issuance of Satan's dark exhaust port, Excel. That has functions on it that are so inexplicable that the last time I tried to use it, I caused my computer to crash like an F1 car on a frozen rally stage.

But Android tech is just there, all the functions you want are right where you would find them upon opening the box, setting the thing up, and looking around for them. Nothing is hidden away, nothing is kept out of reach...its just better. I have had more problems working out my iPad, and how to do things with that, than I have had with both my android devices put together.

Speaking as fellow who only joined the smartphone, mobile computing world reluctantly and with lots of swearing, I cannot find any noteworthy fault with Android, and I just cannot say the same of Apple products. Just throwing some Droid love people.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Personal preference here is for Android.
My current personal phone is a Samsung S6 Edge.
Prior to that an S5, before that S4, before that S3...just really like the Samsungs.
Again, just personal preference, familiarity and never really had any issues with them.
Very happy with them so will stick with them for now.

That said I purchase the handsets outright and open networked, rather than any networked/provider specific versions.
Slip in the provider SIM of my choice and go.
I'm also no big fan of loading every app under the sun on to my phone either...if I want to play anything then hey thats what consoles and PCs are for...

Had all variants of iPhones and iPads etc as work phones/pads.
Current work phone is a 6s and prior to that the 5s, before that the 4s
Our work equipment is Apple, hence the iEverything...
While they are a nice phone, well styled etc...I just don't really gel with them.

Not the most indepth, logical nor in any way technical comparison of Samsung Vs Apple...but hey I like what I like and will stick with what I like until I like something else...

edit on 4-2-2016 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Towards the end, the battery life on my iPhone 5 was abysmal. 10 minutes after unplugging it from a full charge it would be down to 60%. Sometimes it would jump from 30% straight to 1% for no apparent reason. I was glad to get rid of it but I liked the functionality.

I now have the s5 neo, it's great for everything except calls. I prefer android I think.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I wrote a short essay on a subject related to this. Long story short, Android phones can do everything Apple phones can do - but more. iPhone technology is way behind Android phones - and way more expensive.
There's literally no logical reason to buy an iPhone over an Android phone.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I support apple. it works really fast, high quality camera, it looks very nice, eyes don't feel tired after long working, all the devices are quite intuitive. Yes there is one minus of using alway iTunes, but you really get used to it fast.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Baldryck

Why do you think that ?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Baldryck

Why do you think that ?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
So guys interesting replies. We will see what is going to happen this year apple announced iPhone 7 and Samsung will release S7. I only used Android so I am content. Maybe will buy iPhone just to try it, who knows maybe I even like it. But for now I used Samsung and Sony phones, and Sony has amazing camera. I like to photography so this is why Sony is my 1st choice.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

edit on 6-2-2016 by CraftBuilder because: owls can't move their eyeballs.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I use IOS, OSX, Windows, Android and Linux

why not?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Android and it's not even close.
Apple are the most intrusive and restrictive company.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hm.. I like Sony company) may be I should try it.. It's also android, right?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: missedinformation

Yep, why not. But what do you like the most ?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Lunadreamer

Yes it is .

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

Yep .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join