It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we put the Flat earth theory to bed?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: evenkeel
youtu.be...

After reading all the posts here, and seeing that there is so much evidence the earth is spherical, FE ers can goto bed now. There is no theory of flat earth that holds any merit. All their bs can be explained or debunked with easy science.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

How can we put the Flat earth theory to bed?

The moment science is heaped upon society like religion used to be in the west and still is today in the middle east, then it, too, becomes a form of the same. Moreover, being force-fed anything will generate negativity, if not animosity.

Best option; let people believe as they choose.

Have a nice day

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: enlightenedservant
The only thing in between the French beaches and the new York harbor is the atlantic ocean and there`s no mountains in the ocean.

I know that. But I also know that clouds, storms, evaporation and other atmospheric disturbances can distort vision and/or refract light. Kind of like being in a large sauna & not being able to see someone on the opposite end because of the steam. Or the miraculous "floating city" mirages that can appear on opposite sides of bodies of water. Just saying they've already "countered" that idea.

(note: I'm not a flat earther. I'm just repeating the arguments I've heard. Can't "put the flat theory to bed" without understanding what the flat earthers belive)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad
I was wondering the other day what answer do flat-earthers have to the assertion that all the other planets are spherical and so is our moon, so why would Earth be any different?

From what I've seen, it was that Earth is special because we're the only ones with life. Therefore the conditions here are obviously different than the others.

Oh, and some still believe the stars are somehow still in Eath's atmosphere, or something like that.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The "Flat Earth" movement has to be the biggest trolling of the Internet ever. If they are, then lay this one on them: IF the Earth were flat (as in a disk) it would still have gravity. Where would that center of gravity be? At the center of the disk. Everyone standing on that disk would be standing perpendicular to the center of gravity, meaning only those precisely in the center of the disk would be 90 degrees to the plane of the disk. The further you moved toward the edge of the disk the more extreme the angle you would have to the plane of the disk.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

reality is not affected by belief

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
First off: I don't believe the Earth is flat.

Secondly: If I did, who is it hurting? It's not like I demand others share in my belief. I think it's a foolish notion...but at the end of the day, it matters not in the slightest. They're never going to, in the larger scheme of things, ever be in a position, again, to deny with any effect, centuries of scientifically verified evidence.

Let them stew in their willful ignorance. They're harmless.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Can you provide proof that reality exists outside our minds?

Even when you state a scientific fact, such as that the distance between the Earth and the Moon is approximately 384,400km, you are placing your own perspective commentary on reality.

Does reality exist without the observer, or does the observer's existence create reality? If there is no object/subject/instrument to measure reality, how do we know it exists?

edit on 5/2/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: redoubt

lol yes it is... muslims believe its okay to rape children and beat women... and they hate christians because they believe in a prophet called mohammed who said that all muslims should kill any non believers.

there fore reality is totally affected by belief.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

this should explain it better for all the ppl that think the earth is flat.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga>>> Replace the flat earth theory with global warming as the pseudo science of the day.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Would it work if you got a 2d print-out of the Earth and placed it on a mattress ?

Then you could officially say that you have successfully put the theory to bed - permanently.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
challenge believers to walk a straight line around the world.

actually what i meant to say was ignore them....
edit on 16-2-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join