It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we put the Flat earth theory to bed?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
i understand there are lots of people out there starting to believe the earth is flat due to some stupid videos being passed on youtube and facebook. i would like to start a thread to prove this theory of a flat earth to bed.
exhibit A

a picture from a u-2 dragon lady. this is not nasa... this is not a fish eye lens... this is actually from a cell phone. gee... wonder what that curve is.
exhibit B

here is a picture of a contrails shadow being cast upon the underside of clouds during a sunset. according to flat earthers, the sun magically floats in a circle above the earth on a track or something? still dont get how according to FE theory that the sun goes in a big circle... is it on a track or on a dome?
but if the sun never actually sets, how do the underside of clouds become illuminated when the sun is under the horizon as portrayed in the picture. the direction of light would always come from above.

exhibit c

this is a picture of some fellow bills fans that were stationed at Mcmurdo station in antarctica. i guess theres supposed to be some sort of wall? well theres no pictures of the walls, and according to one of the gentleman in this picture, theres lots of mountains, but no walls that cant be flown over, and no end to the earth there.

i would like for people to add proof of sphere earth via pictures or math/physics....
every theory for flat earth can be shot down. and it seems like no matter what pictures you show FE ers ... nasa doctured the picture or its fake.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You can't. That's the problem.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I hope it keeps going to be honest, the arguments they use to support their theory are hilarious.

I'm sure it was started by some shills, in order to ridicule Conspiracy Theorists, but it does demonstrate that some people are far too easily convinced.

edit on 4/2/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

As long as there are people that walk the Earth there are going to be those that either a) believe the Earth is flat as a pancake or b) is hollow inside hiding a race of mole people that need to be contacted. Unfortunately, the level of dumb that is required to believe either theory is so off the scale that without a really highly calibrated "dumb detector (tm)" you will never know which idiots think this until they open their mouths and insert the proverbial foot.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a highly amusing smashing of the flat earth theory (and a bit of sillyness poking fun at the flat earther conspiracy theorists)

P1:

(starts at 2 minute mark, joking at it before)

P2:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: annalisa2016

Actually, I only "know" the earth isn't flat BECAUSE the mole people told me.
don't be a hater.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I hope it keeps going to be honest, the arguments they use to support their theory is hilarious.

I'm sure it was started by some shills, in order to ridicule Conspiracy Theorists, but it does demonstrate that some people are far too easily convinced.

i love how FE ers say that NASA manipulates tens of thousands of images... well the chinese just released HD pictures from the moon. they show a round moon, they also have pictures of earth and guess what its round!

They liek to claim TPTB want us to be ignorant. For what reason at all, would any government, bilderberg member, PTB, rich tycoon, president, king, queen or any authrative figure... want to lie and portray the earth as round when its really flat? theres no reason at all... id like that explained as well. is it because they dont want us walking off the set of the truman show?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Flat earth? Don't be ridiculous.

It's a 7-dimensional trapezoid & always has been.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I hope it never goes away because I like good stuff like this. I don't care how ridiculous it is. Almost like the whole Nibiru crap. Well it may still be crap but not as much crap as it was prior to this past month. I know the Earth is round-ish but there are times that the flat earth theory does make sense. I think one of the most popular ones is the Orlando Ferguson Flat Earth Model.

en.wikipedia.org...:Orlando-Ferguson-flat-earth-map_edit.jpg

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I thought the earth was banana-shaped ???

edit on 4-2-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Electro-shock therapy and keep upping the Amperage.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
"How can we put the Flat earth theory to bed?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get a window seat on an airplane and look out the window...
Problem solved...

Also, 1491 called and they want their theory back...

-Christosterone

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
ignore it

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Never surrender!

Do not believe the lies of the Vril lizards!
The earth is a three dimensional plane, on a two dimensional platform!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
One would have to be mentally retarded to believe the "Earth" is a spinning ball in this day and age in light of all the evidence available for your perusal. Its ok, keep convincing yourselves that you have not been lied to all your lives. At the pace that folks are becoming awake to this deception, I can foresee a time in the near future where ball-earth believers will need to be registered , so normal people can keep track of this abomination in order for incidental defilement of society and the gene pool to be kept at its minimum. Furthermore, its actually quite funny how many in this thread already have shillidentified themselves.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
exhibit d
you can see the city of toronto from olcott new york over lake ontario. Its a distance of approx 40 miles. or 65 km

this is a picture from the beach in olcott... notice you can only see half of the CN tower which is 1815 feet tall or 553 meters. in this second picture, its taken from 50 feet up on top of a bridge over route 18. when you go up, you can see further over the horizon. only works if earth is curved.

notice how you can see more of the buildings... maybe 3/5ths of the CN tower is now visable.

this also works with Line-of-sight propagation - which if you dont know what that means, google it.
d²=(R+h)²-R²= 2xR x h +h^2 r = radius of earth h is altitude
this formula is used when an antennae is being built, and you need to know how far it can reach around the earths curve.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherdaytoday
One would have to be mentally retarded to believe the "Earth" is a spinning ball in this day and age in light of all the evidence available for your perusal. Its ok, keep convincing yourselves that you have not been lied to all your lives. At the pace that folks are becoming awake to this deception, I can foresee a time in the near future where ball-earth believers will need to be registered , so normal people can keep track of this abomination in order for incidental defilement of society and the gene pool to be kept at its minimum. Furthermore, its actually quite funny how many in this thread already have shillidentified themselves.

please show me a picture of flat earth. please give me an experiment i can do at home to prove flat earth. please give me your best explanation of why you believe the earth is flat, so i can neil degrasse your asse

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Those who thinks its flat should gather up funds and pay RUSSIA to launch their most trustworthy skeptics up into space to take selfies
for the Flat EA*RTH theory group. Since existing space based companies are doubted...
edit on 2/4/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

this is kind of splitting hairs BUT, Earth (or the moon for that matter) could still be "round", and flat.

What we NEED to prove to these folks is that it's spherical and their arguments as to why they think it's actually "flat" are completely unfounded

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Anyone who believes in a flat earth could easily attempt to prove their case by buying a weather balloon and a camera. You can get both on Amazon. All in all, someone can do the experiment for not very much money at all. But they lack any real conviction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join