It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a spaceship, shuttle, or satellite shoot a cable to the earth or is there research?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This is what I am saying. With technology we can accomplish some things. I really like the drone craft idea whichever way you want to take it. To start use the drones to start testing, even if you must start small like I have been saying from the start! I am interested in test results of any kind.

You would need the constant control either way as well. More than one drone or even the thin cable, wire connected with the drones or built in! Use as many stabilizer drones as you must to make it work and again start small if you must!

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Not that it is a bad idea, but there is an exponential issue with this concept. Whatever material you use would have to be able to sustain 200 miles worth of its length. How much do you think say, a 200 mile length of 3/8 chain would weigh?

It's one of the primary issues with the space elevator concept.

Unfortunately, for material that might theoretically be able to support that sort of weight, at the moment, it is impractical to mass produce.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12
a reply to: wildespace

So the atmosphere will cause friction. Does the atmosphere spin with earth or more stationary? I am wondering the effects. Still comes down to size and strength or resistance then.

Friction and an enormous static charge!

edit on 3/12/2016 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join