It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies or other?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I've never been a fan of Vampire movies, Although I've seen some exciting and action packed ones in my time, But, I usually pass. Werewolves also don't do much for me either. Although I liked the original "The Howling" and "Dog Soldiers" movies and were pretty good imho. Zombie movies? I'm a Zombie movie/TV show junkie, but those are starting to get long in the tooth.

Alien creatures are fine too but for me the "Alien" xenomorph franchise is bit worn out. AVP series were not that great in my not so humble opinion they could have done more and better than they have. Which leaves us with Mutant Creatures and Supernaturals/Evil entities...

Whats your favorite creature in the horror genre?

My order from most to least liked is as follows

1. Zombie
  2. Alien Creatures
  3. Mutant Creature
  4. Supernatural
  5. Werewolf
  6. Vampires

Don't get me wrong, I've seen some great films over the years with each type and I'm not against watching some cheese and campiness [B] movies but when I have a choice I usually go with my priority list above.

You?
edit on 3-2-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I love anything supernatural horror and I love a good zombie flick. Fast zombies are the scariest! Aliens are pretty interesting and scary as well.

I've actually been watching The Twilight Zone on Netflix. The twists and physchoogical horrors in that show is awesome

I don't really like vampires either.. I mean interview with the vampire is a classic but yea.

I did just see a funny zombie movie from redbox. And I actually liked it
it was called 'Cooties.'

Have a great evening!! Great topic
edit on 3-2-2016 by natalia because: ..

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
For me...

#1 Demons Devils and Demonic Possession ( scare the crapola out of me )
#2 Got to have my Zombie fix
#3 Aliens as long as the effects are good and they don't look like mud monsters with googly eyes
#4 Ghosts
#5 Vampires and Werewolves neither are really scary but I would still dodge them on a dark night

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Tough one...but I'll take a stab at it.

I'm a huge fan of the Lovecraftian style of horror. That which should not exist but DOES! Unfortunately, the screen hasn't been kind to his original works, but I grew up with some great horror movies, Nightmare on Elm Street, Poltergeist, etc. So I think my list would look more like...

1: Supernatural creatures/entities
2: Alien/extra dimensional/just giant bugs, creature from the black lagoon, bigfoot type...just monster monsters...
3: Zombies
4: Werewolves
5: Vampires

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Zombies are my least favorite, don't mind vampire stories. But I like Et and Supernatural, and Psi.

Favorite shows are Supernatural, Grimm, Teenage Wolf , The Flash (liked the Canadian actor playing Harrison Wells), Loved Buffy and Smallsville as well.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I suppose my order of preference would be...

1) Alien / UFO

2) Paranormal / Ghost / Demon

3) Supernatural / Magic

4) Zombie

5) Werewolf / Vampire / Monster / Creature

leolady

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

"The Last Witchhunter" starring Vin Diesel, is out on PPV. Surprisingly good movie.

Lots of supernatural stuff.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Not really a monster, I guess, but I really like the Invisible Man. But why choose? Just watch Cabin in the Woods and you get everything!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I'm going with supernatural....

I haven't really been the same since I saw the Exorcist. i couldn't even finish the book.

[yvid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
[/yvid]

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yeah that one when I first saw it pretty much flipped my noodle too

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Zombies are creepy although they are getting done to death, but I like them because it's hard to plausibly humanize them the way they do with vamps and weres. Seriously, who isn't terribly disappointed with what they did to vamps in Twilight?

Then I also like Doppelganger style horror where you never know who is on your side or not. I am talking movies like Body Snatchers, The Thing, that Denzel Washinton one with the body-hopping demonic entity. So I guess it can transcend monster type in a sense.

I also like Alien horror.

And I finally like contagion based horror which can again transcend monster type.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton, final answer. Hilary Clinton naked talking on the phone with Pelosi while feinstein puffs a cigar that's the ***t nightmares are made of.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Thanks, that reminds me

Should have added cryptozoological/prehistoric monsters

My bad people

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I just watch the news, that's scary enough. Consider its fiction being forced as truth through skewed points of views. The news is often a dark comedy. How many horror movies start out with current news in the real world? Lol their on to something 😞

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What about the Freaks and Weirdos!? I find them the scariest, as they're everywhere in real life too!

Hannibal Lecter, Leather Face, Captain Spaulding, Mike Myers (both of them!), The big fella from Hills have eyes, Dr Satan, Patrick Bateman.....

and so on.

Ta ta...
edit on 3-2-2016 by AbdulAlhazred because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I pretty much prefer in this order:

Zombie
Vampires
Werewolf
Alien
Supernatural
Mutant

Problem is though, almost no movie has ever really done the more common alien race right, in my opinion. It's like they really don't know where to go with it. They are just kind of there, usually for seconds of screen time, with no speech, etc., and typically only in the abductor role.

Zombies are great because the stories are more about the people.

Vampires are cool, as long as they have a weakness, and one major enough to explain why they haven't enslaved the world. (This is where Twilight is SUCH a big fail...there's simply NO way this race wouldn't have taken over the planet if all they did was "sparkle" in the sun)....

Werewolves don't really work on their own, but work great when paired with vampires. Though there were a couple of really good werewolf TV shows back in the day (Wolf Lake, Werewolf, etc.) Definitely binge watch worthy, if you can find them.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'll bite. Mine usually goes like this:

Supernatural
Zombie
Werewolves
Alien
Creepy Cryptid creatures
Mutant creature
Vampires (not sparkly)
Psycho killers

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I guess my order would be:

Vampires
Werewolves
Alien
Supernatural
Mutant
Zombies

I'm curious as to what the Universal Cinematic Universe looks like when they get it rolling. I think the Mummy kicks it off this year or next. So much has been remade, retold, rebooted, etc. that it seems like there's nothing new out there anymore.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

To your vampire point, there is a trilogy of books called The Passage by Justin Cronin. It's a slightly different take on the vampire mythos and they are nasty...real nasty. I believe Ridley Scott holds the movie rights to it.

Not sure if you're a big reader but I wanted to point that out.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

Well I haven't seen a A possessed transsexual, crossdressing, homophobic, extroverted flesh eating toothless gnome movie yet.

Not sure if I'd like to either....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join