It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston mobster's longtime love pleads guilty to contempt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Laughable at best- she spent 16yrs w/Whitey. There is not a chance that she can be acquitted of any charges. She has been aiding and a betting a fugitive for 16yrs. For those of you that dont recognize this tool bag; he was on the FBI;s most wanted list for 10yrs, He was involved in as many as a dozen murders,. the list goes on.

BOSTON – The woman who spent 16 years on the run with Boston mobster James "Whitey" Bulger pleaded guilty Wednesday to a criminal contempt charge for refusing to testify before a grand jury investigating whether other people helped him as a fugitive.

ADVERTISEMENT
Catherine Greig, 64, entered her plea in U.S. District Court in Boston without having any agreement or sentencing recommendation from prosecutors. Greig is already serving an eight-year prison term for helping Bulger while he was on the lam.

Greig did not flinch when Judge F. Dennis Saylor IV told her that because there is no maximum penalty for the contempt charge, he could sentence her to any term, including up to life in prison.

When prosecutor Mary Murrane told Saylor that Greig had refused to testify despite a judge's order and grant of immunity, Greig made a point of noting that she had not asked for immunity.

After the hearing, Greig's lawyer, Keven Reddington, said she did not invoke her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination, but instead refused to testify at all before the grand jury.

"Yeah, she loved him and still does," Reddington said.

L I N K

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader
Meh. You know the difference between mobsters and politicians? What politicians do is legal and they kill far more people by proxy.

edit on 3-2-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

ONLY illeagal if you get caught, eh Skid?

thanks for posting!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

You can also tell when they're both lying..

Their lips are moving...

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
So true.

Another difference is while mobsters may be involved with prostitutes, politicians themselves are prostitutes. They screw everyone they're supposed to serve and get paid for it.
ETA: In the second case, the screwing is figurative and not sexual, and far from pleasurable.
edit on 3-2-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What's a slap on the wrist? The most they'd get is a minimum security country club "prison", depending on how deep their pockets are or who they know.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

If you are interested, here is a link; Bulger ordered a hit on a millionaire in my state in 81' He was a pretty bad dude when he was young and 'doing deals'

Wheeler

thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I can recommend the movie Black Mass with Johnny Depp in the lead role. Jimmy worked it all ways.

ETA: It depicts the rise and fall of James "Whitey" Bulger.
edit on 3/2/16 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 3/2/16 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Ive heard it is good; thanks Light for the 411-Ill def check it out-

thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Meh. You know the difference between mobsters and politicians? What politicians do is legal and they kill far more people by proxy.

Hillary Clinton has probably had a hand in the deaths of a lot more people that Whitey Bulger and stolen much more money too.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
He was also involved in MK Ultra '___' experiments while locked up.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm in Massachusetts right now near Boston, whitey is loved by the people believe it or not. Apparently he regulated crime and kept drugs away from kids, helped the poor etc. Idk how I feel about it but I AM reporting this is how the people around me regard this man.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
He was also involved in MK Ultra '___' experiments while locked up.

OK. You are a Conspiracy Master. That was excellent. Lets continue. He was in MK Ultra for what purpose? Is he going to whack someone in a nursing home?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

He volunteered for acid experiments under mk ultra in prison.

boston.cbslocal.com...

edition.cnn.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk... ger-free-terrorize-Boston-20-YEARS.html
edit on 4-2-2016 by MagnaCarta2015 because: additional links

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

LOL now thats a ****ing hat trick if I've ever seen one, considering some of the comments to you earlier. Very interesting indeed!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Lol its cool, if I hadn't read it I wouldn't have believed it either. They touched on it very briefly in the movie too but it was easy to miss.

top topics

join