It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Run for president, be the top contender and I will recommend You. It is already on our minds like You said so we have something in common.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: soulwaxer

the Nobel Peace Prize is an absolute joke now.

They might as well give it to the Kardsashians for "inspiring young women"

I agree that the Nobel Peace Prize is a joke now, especially since Obama got it. But I am more interested in what Trump's effect on war and peace would be in the real world.

soulwaxer

War and isolation, breakdown in any kind of communication with groups Trump doesn't like (Mexicans, Muslims, women?) I'm guessing and a whole lot of projects for Trump enterprises that would of course be outsourced.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Anyone can be "nominated" for a Nobel Peace Prize...here's who can nominate someone:

• Members of national assemblies and governments of states

• Members of international courts

• University rectors; professors of social sciences, history, philosophy, law and theology; directors of peace research
institutes and foreign policy institutes

• Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize

• Board members of organizations that have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize

• Active and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee; (proposals by members of the Committee to be submitted no later than at the first meeting of the Committee after February 1)

• Former advisers to the Norwegian Nobel Committee

nobelprize.org

So basically if you're a politician or a university professor you can send in someone's name to be nominated. Wahoo! Trump's press people probably just called in a favor and had someone do it.

I fail to see how this is a big deal...
edit on 3-2-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

"I will make the military so strong that nobody will mess with us, so we'll never have to use it."

If I recall correctly, wasn't this the same thing they said about the Atomic Bomb? It didn't exactly work out that way. The US and USSR almost wiped out civilization a couple of times.

-dex

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

He did not list Trump as one of the candidates who actually has a chance of winning.

Exactly.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I can only surmise that this mystery person intended this nomination more as a satiric criticism of the current political debate in the US and that the nomination is not to be taken seriously.

Incredulous though it may seem today, the Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1939, by a member of the Swedish parliament, an E.G.C. Brandt.

www.nobelprize.org...

"If at first you don't succeed, shoot more bullets until you have achieved global peace through superior firepower"
Donald Trump, November 9th 2016.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FoderaloverI am sure Hillary is saving up for one.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
‘Knock the Crap Out of Protesters, I Will Pay For The Legal Fees'
- Donald Trump, Nobel Peace Prize nominee

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Nomination is one thing, actually getting the Nobel is another. Obama already showed it's not quite as worthwhile as it should be to attain. After all, if someone can get it for doing nothing, it's lost it's high-bar achievement status. If the Don does get it, it's as valuable as the duty-free trinkets on cruise ships are.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

"I will make the military so strong that nobody will mess with us, so we'll never have to use it."

If I recall correctly, wasn't this the same thing they said about the Atomic Bomb? It didn't exactly work out that way. The US and USSR almost wiped out civilization a couple of times.

-dex

Right. All peace through superior fire power does is promote the other defense budgets for other nations until we have a runaway arms race again.
The only ones who win are defense contractors and Dick Cheney.

What about a well proportioned budget and a sound foreign policy? Heaven forbid, I know.
'MURIKA!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!
edit on 3-2-2016 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
GUFFAW!

Pete Seeger was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize and never got it - and he deserved it.

Being nominated is easy, nominations are a dime a dozen. Winning is another thing altogether.

Like "The Donald" himself said: 'nobody remembers who finished second'.

And nobody cares who was nominated for the NPP and didn't win.

By the way, who finished second in Iowa? I forget.
edit on 4/2/2016 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Truly a Golden moment in human history.

IT will be ok history is written by the winners,when is all said and done these little shenanigans will be long forgotten

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Isn't it, though? Makes me all misty somehow...

*sigh*

I'm sure I've said this elsewhere around here, but the Nobel Prize for Peace is a continuing, and unfunny, joke. Deserving people are ignored, and... *phooey*

A war-mongering idiot who has accomplished nothing of any great importance (bet some of you reading this never thought I'd call anyone a "warmonger"...) in his life, is nominated for a nobel prize. Ol' Alfred has got to be so very proud.

It's almost enough to make me vote for Bernie...

Almost.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hah Just awesome.

A military so good we'll never have to use it.

Why don't we just grow food so good we'll never have to eat it.

Or Build houses so good we'll never have to live in them.

Why not have a bunch of billion dollar death machines lying around collecting dust?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I like Trump and feel he will be your next president, unless their is a very bad attack on the US and Obama uses this to stay in power...I guess it does not have to be an attack it could be a huge natural disaster...
Anyway like others have said Obama has one why shouldn't he...
Well get this if Trump becomes President he will be a man for peace but he will show a strength and resolve unseen by a world leader for a very long time...
Trump along with Putin will give the world the peace it desires but not before great destruction as ISIS and all the rest of radical Islam are done away with very harshly...
There is a possibility much of Europe is destroyed in the process...

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
Hah Just awesome.

A military so good we'll never have to use it.

Why don't we just grow food so good we'll never have to eat it.

Or Build houses so good we'll never have to live in them.

Why not have a bunch of billion dollar death machines lying around collecting dust?

The mindset you just described will be the downfall of us all, the same mindset i experienced growing up....we would go to a friends house where the lounge room was covered in plastic and you could not use the furniture as it was too expensive to use....go figure....
edit on 4-2-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

-dex

The only country to have ever used a nuke on a civilian populace is the U.S,....they are a far greater threat to world peace than the Russians ever will be....

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

-dex

The only country to have ever used a nuke on a civilian populace is the U.S,....they are a far greater threat to world peace than the Russians ever will be....

So what? The only potus to get a nobel for nothing was obama and look at the ME now.

Besides, the world is still here and so is Japan.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

-dex

So what? The only potus to get a nobel for nothing was obama and look at the ME now.

Besides, the world is still here and so is Japan.

Chernobyl is still there too what is your point ?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
Trump along with Putin will give the world the peace it desires but not before great destruction as ISIS and all the rest of radical Islam are done away with very harshly...
There is a possibility much of Europe is destroyed in the process...

Sure, if you destroy enough and kill enough, you'll have peace.

For a while, maybe.

Mankind is doomed to go through cycles of war and conflicts until it finally eliminates itself...

Then, and only then will this world know peace. Unless of course, extinction is brought to us sooner and in a more dramatic way, maybe that would actually be an act of mercy?

Peace prize?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join