It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Investigation of Chipotle Further Supports Corporate Sabotage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
ACTUAL TITLE: CDC investigation of Chipotle further supports corporate sabotage (bioterrorism) as likely source of E. coli contamination

*** Shortened to fit title space

After months of investigation, the CDC has now reached a conclusion that provides yet more support for the likelihood that Chipotle was the victim of corporate sabotage by the biotech industry, which targeted Chipotle because of its non-GMO menu.

On December 23 of last year, I wrote about the likelihood of bioterrorism as the cause of Chipotle's E. coli problem, pointing out that corporate sabotage was 100% consistent with the actions of the biotech industry and its criminal-minded "mafia" of operatives (see MonsantoMafia.com for a list of all the "mafia" members). That article was predictably downplayed by the mainstream media, whose journalists remain absolutely clueless about the death threats, censorship, defamation and other dirty tactics routinely used by biotech industry shills to silence opposition.

But now the CDC has reached a conclusion in its investigation of Chipotle that further supports my original contention. "The E. coli outbreaks at Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurants in the United States appear to be over, but investigators have been unable to trace the cause of the sickness, federal authorities said on Monday," reports The New York Times. "[I]nvestigators were unable to specify the food or ingredient responsible for the contamination."

I have wondered about this as well. It seems too convenient that a largely successful 'fast food' restaurant that has eschewed the traditional over-processed GMO crap that has been pushed upon the American people should suffer so badly. I think it is entirely likely that Monsanto and their allies had something to do with the e-coli scare in an effort to sabotage Chipotle and their brand which was fighting so successfully against the GMO industrial complex.

Chipotle has managed to create a healthy, fast food alternative for millions of customers and was doing it without the "frankenfood" component of the now common American diet. What do you think ATS? Bad luck, poor processes or something sinister? I am not sure what I believe, but I find this to be an interesting and plausible theory.

Article

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is from Natural News. These people are nutjobs and just because they could not identify what product caused the outbreak, it doesn't mean it's corporate sabotage.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
This is from Natural News. These people are nutjobs

It should be noted that this is simply your opinion!

and just because they could not identify what product caused the outbreak, it doesn't mean it's corporate sabotage.
It doesn't mean its not either!

I'm always suspicious when people use insults and ridicule.
Have you any theories of your own to add?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

This is from Natural News. These people are nutjobs

It should be noted that this is simply your opinion!

Natural News is a joke of a source. They habitually lie to push their twisted narrative.

According to John Banks, Adams uses "pseudoscience to sell his lies" and is "seen as generally a quack and a shill by science bloggers."[10] One such blogger, David Gorski of ScienceBlogs, called Natural News "one of the most wretched hives of scum and quackery on the Internet," and the most "blatant purveyor of the worst kind of quackery and paranoid anti-physician and anti-medicine conspiracy theories anywhere on the Internet",[32] and a one-stop-shop for "virtually every quackery known to humankind, all slathered with a heaping, helping of unrelenting hostility to science-based medicine and science in general."[8] Peter Bowditch of the website Ratbags,[33] and Jeff McMahon writing for Forbes commented about the site.[34] Steven Novella of NeuroLogica Blog called NaturalNews "a crank alt med site that promotes every sort of medical nonsense imaginable." Novella continued: "If it is unscientific, antiscientific, conspiracy-mongering, or downright silly, Mike Adams appears to be all for it – whatever sells the "natural" products he hawks on his site."[3]

Individuals who commented about Adams' website include astronomer and blogger Phil Plait,[35] PZ Myers,[36] and Mark Hoofnagle.[11] Brian Dunning listed it as #1 on his "Top 10 Worst Anti-Science Websites" list.[37] Adams is listed as a "promoter of questionable methods" by Quackwatch.[38] Robert T. Carroll at The Skeptic's Dictionary said, "Natural News is not a very good source for information. If you don't trust me on this, go to Respectful Insolence or any of the other bloggers on ScienceBlogs and do a search for "Natural News" or "Mike Adams" (who is Natural News). Hundreds of entries will be found and not one of them will have a good word to say about Mike Adams as a source."[39]

An article in the journal, Vaccine said the site "tend(s) to not only spread irresponsible health information in general (e.g. discouraging chemotherapy or radiation for cancer treatment, antiretrovirals for HIV, and insulin for diabetes), but also have large sections with dubious information on vaccines."[9]

After Patrick Swayze's death in 2009, Adams posted an article in which he remarked that Swayze, in dying, "joins many other celebrities who have been recently killed by pharmaceuticals or chemotherapy." Commentators of Adams' article on Patrick Swayze included bloggers such as David Gorski[40] and Phil Plait, the latter of whom called Adams' commentary "obnoxious and loathsome."[41] When Angelina Jolie underwent a double mastectomy in May 2013 because she had the BRCA1 gene, Adams stated that "Countless millions of women carry the BRCA1 gene and never express breast cancer because they lead healthy, anti-cancer lifestyles based on smart nutrition, exercise, sensible sunlight exposure and avoidance of cancer-causing chemicals." Gorski called the article "vile" and noted that Adams had written similarly themed articles about the death of Michael Jackson, Tony Snow, and Tim Russert.[42]

In February 2014, Brian Palmer, writing in the Daily Herald of Arlington Heights, Illinois, criticized the site's promotion of alternative medicine treatments, such as bathing in Himalayan salt and eating Hijiki seaweed, and referred to the claims Natural News made about their efficacy as "preposterous."[43] In August 2014, Nathanael Johnson, writing for Grist, dismissed Natural News as "simply not credible" and as "nothing but a conspiracy-theory site."[44]

Ebola controversies[edit]
On August 11, 2014, Natural News published a blog post promoting a homeopathic treatment for Ebola, which was met with harsh criticism from several commentators, and was taken down later that day.[45] In a statement on the article, NaturalNews said that the blogger who posted the article, Ken Oftedal, was "under review" and that they did not condone anyone interacting with Ebola.[46] However, as of August 20, 2014, the site was still featuring an article written by Adams promoting the use of herbal medicines to treat Ebola.[47] In an article about "fake Ebola cures", Adams was criticized for arguing that herbs could prove effective as an Ebola treatment.[48]

en.wikipedia.org...

More sources calling out their BS:

grist.org...
rationalwiki.org...
www.forbes.com...
www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...
bigthink.com...
www.geneticliteracyproject.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Have you any theories of your own to add?

Yes, it was the green onions.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Blue Bell. Chipotle. I think it's possible since these companies have absolutely been decimated but when it happens to individual produce companies, they keep on keeping on.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Are you surprised all those links condemn NN? They're the mouthpieces of the establishment.
I try not to believe anything I read no matter the source, all information & viewpoints are relevant & potentially possible. I find natural news alternative ideas/viewpoints quite entertaining & a fresh alternative source of information.

They are true conspiracy theorists.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica
a reply to: GetHyped

Are you surprised all those links condemn NN?

No, because NN is a joke.

They're the mouthpieces of the establishment.

Oooh good comeback.

Shame your analysis didn't extend beyond "I'm just gonna dismiss those sources out of hand", though.
edit on 2-2-2016 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

This is from Natural News. These people are nutjobs and just because they could not identify what product caused the outbreak, it doesn't mean it's corporate sabotage.

I believe Natural News before believing your tripe...

It was not the typical strain seen in all other cases...if you read the article completely.

Are you working for Monsanto now?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Actually, it's not far fetched, now that I consider it for the first time. Corporate espionage exists, the "natural" foodies are a threat to factory farming and gmo giants.. .it could be.

Doesn't mean it is, but it could be. Hmmm...

My first bite of Chipotle was followed by a two weeks long illness, minutes later. It didn't follow as food poisoning as that usually takes longer to hit, and I just assumed a coincidence, but who knows. Hmm again... sometimes paranoid ideas are factual.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Blue Bell is back. Any listeria being found is not in the ice cream, or so they say.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The claim by natural news has no real evidence to support it. It is however plausible. Further investigation is required to determine thw cause.

I do think we will start seeing wars between large corporations though. Ive long said that it is,inevitable.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Are you going to contribute at all or just post to tell me my source isn't good in your uninformed and unfounded opinion?

I find Natural News to be about like Mother Jones. It is a reasonable source for non-mainstream news that should be taken with a grain of salt. Also, I said I don't know if I believe it or not, but I am open to the possibility.
edit on 2016/2/2 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well food illness or not, I never stopped eating Chipotle. Corporate wars are not an impending phenomenon, they have been ongoing for decades. Espionage, patent thefts, data breaches, sabotage, these are the things that have been ongoing for some time. Everything happens in the shadows when you have billions of dollars to work with, and billions more are at stake.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
NN is a joke source. But it's a logical fallacy to say the OPs argument is wrong based on that.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It's reasonable to dismiss the unsourced claims from NN on the basis of their reputation, though.

"investigators have been unable to trace the cause of the sickness" =/= "corporate sabotage (bioterrorism)".

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Are you going to contribute at all or just post to tell me my source isn't good in your uninformed and unfounded opinion?

Did you happen to read the piece? They have no evidence and it is pure speculation, basing their conclusions on a piece they wrote months back.

It's a whole lot of "maybe", "possibly" and leaps in logic.

Forgive me if I wish to educate myself with sources that do not insult the intelligence of the reader from the start. The first line is meant to appeal to the derps that cannot think for themselves.

After months of investigation, the CDC has now reached a conclusion that provides yet more support for the likelihood that Chipotle was the victim of corporate sabotage by the biotech industry, which targeted Chipotle because of its non-GMO menu.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Granite

I believe Natural News before believing your tripe...

By all means, knock yourself out.

It was not the typical strain seen in all other cases...if you read the article completely.

Yes, that is what they claim. Where is their source for that? Perhaps this is NN trying to be all sciency and stuff, like they have in the past.

Are you working for Monsanto now?

How ignorant can someone be? I disagree with this joke of a source and so I must be working for Monsanto?

Wish we could go back to the day when conspiracy theorists weren't completely loony.

edit on 3-2-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
That whole Blue Bell incident is sketchy as hell if you ask me. 2 plants closed for 6+ months for a supposed listeria outbreak.
1 - why wasn't the source traced to one particular plant?
2 - was it actually an additive or other ingredient Blue Bell uses which could be present at both locations which caused the problem?
3 - why wasn't the specific cause identified?
4 - why would it take so long to sterilize both plants?
5 - what aren't they telling us

I'm staying the hell away from BB, that's fo sho

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
s&f(starred earlier on)

Standing firmly against Monsanto(even GMOs in general non Monsanto related) is a risky thing. Props to them and diligence.

Going to be interesting when Campbell's soap goes forth with their plans:

"Campbell Soup To Label Products Containing GMOs, Supports Mandatory Labeling"

While some large food producers contend that mandatory labeling of products containing genetically modified or genetically engineered ingredients would be a burdensome and unnecessary requirement, the folks at Campbell Soup Company have decided to not only voluntarily label their GMO-containing products but to publicly support mandatory GMO labeling.

Source

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join