It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton declares Victory

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: reldra

Sorry, allow me to be more specific.

What I mean is, how can Hilary or her staff, be declaring anything at all, before the votes have all been counted, in an election this close? It could literally come down to a single ballot paper! What's the point in making announcements on her part? Why not allow those counting the votes, to announce the winner?

I don;t know, they just do this here. If they are wrong...and there have been times past like newspapers saying 'Dewey Wins!!" They take it back. bu t this is just a 1 state caucus. They can look stupid if they are wrong.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The unmitigated gall and arrogance required for her to declare "victory" astounds me. She was 40 points ahead of him at one point last fall and he's not even an avowed Democrat. But they finished essentially in a tie and she's the winner? Come on. Only in Hillary Land. Is there no end to her entitlement?
edit on 2/2/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Lol she won by like 5 points and it's a LOOOONG primary season left. In this specific case, I'd say victory is something that can easily be called prematurely.

Yep.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

First of all dear Reldra, it is 12:41 here at present, so you were not far off at all with your guesstimate.

However, what you must understand is that I wake up the same way I go to bed. A weirdo. An oddball. I do not require a warm up in order to be strange.

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
The unmitigated gall and arrogance required for her to declare "victory" astounds me. She was 40 points ahead of him at one point last fall and he's not even an avowed Democrat. But they finished essentially in a tie and she's the winner? Come on. Only in Hillary Land. Is there no end to her entitlement?

I starred your post, but I think her team, when it is so close, releases a statement. It even goes this way on election night sometimes.
edit on 2-2-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   

Query.

How can a candidate declare victory? They should be awarded victory by the people counting the votes, and only once every vote has been counted.

Because Hillary is cock-sure that the rigged system will ensure her victory even before every 'vote', or in this case delegate, is finalized. Just wait till she becomes POTUS. The Obama haters who think it's bad now, ain't seen nothing yet.

link   

First of all dear Reldra, it is 12:41 here at present, so you were not far off at all with your guesstimate.

However, what you must understand is that I wake up the same way I go to bed. A weirdo. An oddball. I do not require a warm up in order to be strange.

I would not have it any other way

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Meanwhile, Bernie comes out like this:

With the Air of Victory, Bernie Sanders Declares a ‘Virtual Tie’

Hillary better be careful and not get too cocky. I almost feel like that declaration of victory was a sigh of relief from her, but this isn't over yet and Bernie is breathing down your neck.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Hillary better be careful and not get too cocky. I almost feel like that declaration of victory was a sigh of relief from her, but this isn't over yet and Bernie is breathing down your neck.

That is better wording. He has a very smart team.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Every campaign post 2000 should couch their post-vote speeches, especially when it's this close.

But let's get real, she was pretending she won to formulate some BS narrative/sound bite to take with her out of Iowa. But it's going to bite her on the ass. Because it really only underscores how manipulative and delusional she is.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I just happened to catch this at the right time, but I haven't slept. Go Bernie!!! Night guys

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Now people can see that sanders is a credible contender and that there vote (least in the primarys) matter then I suspect in the future Sanders will slaughter Hillary.

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Every campaign post 2000 should couch their post-vote speeches, especially when it's this close.

But let's get real, she was pretending she won to formulate some BS narrative/sound bite to take with her out of Iowa. But it's going to bite her on the ass. Because it really only underscores how manipulative and delusional she is.

That is really possible.

link   

Sleep well!

link   
At the very least it was in terribly bad taste to declare herself the "winner" before the results were official that she had won. She tried to back off in her victory speech, saying she "was breathing a sigh of relief" and that she looked forward to debating more with Bernie.....:eyeroll:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Oh I don't think she'll be all that arrogant because Sanders is poised to knock her down just like Obama did. I'd say she's very worried at the moment.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yea, this is what Sanders has been banking on, and I agree. Clinton has been exposed before, and by showing that he has the possibility to expose her again, many more supporters will flock to his side.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Yea, this is what Sanders has been banking on, and I agree. Clinton has been exposed before, and by showing that he has the possibility to expose her again, many more supporters will flock to his side.

For a nobody who wasn’t even a democrat to begin with I say he has done well....bloody well.

And shows he has a much more credible and loyal support base than Trump

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I don't see how Hillary can morally (not that she knows the meaning of the word) declare victory whilst the results from 90 precincts went missing:

The Bernie Sanders campaign said early Tuesday morning that it was informed by the Iowa Democratic Party that results from 90 precincts were missing. CNN reported that the Iowa Democratic Party said it would need to “re-stage” the results of the caucuses in those 90 counties.

The Sanders campaign said the Iowa Democratic Party had asked the campaigns to “help them out.”

Th e Blaze report on missing precinct results

Also, Sanders wants the raw vote count released:

Bernie Sanders has called on the Democratic party to release a raw vote count in Iowa after a nail-biting finish left lingering doubts over the first, much tighter-than-expected, clash with Hillary Clinton for the presidential nomination.

Speaking to reporters on a chartered plane flying from Des Moines to their next showdown in New Hampshire, the leftwing senator said his performance in the Iowa caucus was a signal that the American people were hungry for more radical change than that offered by establishment candidates.

Source

I smell a rat. I suspect that Hillary will try to wiggle her way back into the White House. As far as I am concerned, the only Federal facility she deserves to go to is a place like Leavenworth.

edit on 2-2-2016 by dianajune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Yeah, apparently she got 49.9% of the vote while Bernie got 49.5%. She'll be awarded 23 delegates to Bernie's 21.

Edit to Add: I think a lot of the "win/loss" rhetoric is more for promotion and press. It sounds a lot "better" saying you defeated your opponent than saying you tied your opponent, even if you both get the same delegates. Kind of like "based on a true story" or "made with real fruit juice", which sound more complete than they really are.
edit on 2-2-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join