It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zika virus: World Health Organisation declares public health emergency

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

The Zika virus outbreak currently gripping the Americas could have been sparked by the release of genetically modified mosquitoes in 2012, critics say. The insects were engineered by biotechnology experts to combat the spread of dengue fever and other diseases and released into the general population of Brazil in 2012.

The Aedes aegypti mosquito sub-species that carries both the Zika virus and dengue was the type targeted with genetically modified mosquitoes. The aim was to release only male Aedes mosquitoes into the wild and they would in turn produce offspring with their virus carrying female counterparts. This offspring would then die off before breeding again due to the GM coding in their genes.

So... EBOLA died out but along came zika! Looks very dangerous and will halt childbirth for a while or should do if couples don't want their children being born with defects!

I think Lawyers will be getting in on this or they should do anyway.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

We are being played Martin wrote: What is going on? The mainstream media are whipping us into a hysterical frenzy over a virus that nobody had even heard of, until just a few days ago.

We are told that tens of thousands have “fallen ill,” that the virus has spread to dozens of countries, that pharmaceutical houses are “rushing” to develop a vaccine, that WHO is on the verge of declaring an international emergency. Please note one glaring omission – we are not being told anything about Zika virus disease.

Doesn't this strike you as strange? So I decided to visit the CDC Web site, and this is what I found: Symptoms. About 1 in 5 people infected with Zika virus become ill (i.e., develop Zika). The most common symptoms of Zika are fever, rash, joint pain, or ... Zika virus disease is no big deal. You'd be sicker with a common head cold.

We're being played, folks “ we're being scammed.

Link

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
From what it sounds like, the normal Joe can get it from mosquitos and it sucks, but
1 in 5 people infected actually get symptoms which include:

The most common symptoms of Zika are fever, rash, joint pain, or conjunctivitis (red eyes). Other common symptoms include muscle pain and headache.

Deaths are rare

But the birth defects it can cause, congenital microcephaly, are scary for parents. So what if
this is a way to scare people into not having children, therefore population control....

Its just an idea, maybe my tinfoil hat is showing, but with misquitos purposefully modified to fight one thing, who's to say something else wasn't "spilled" into the mix?

<< 1   >>

join