It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Suffer From False Emotions?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I didn't mean to seem as if I was jumping all over you with my comment, and if that is how it came across, then I sincerely and totally apologise!

All I meant was that because of the breadth of the conditions spectrum, there is no such thing as a classic Aspie. That was perhaps, quite anal retentive of me, and I am really very sorry!

(((Hugs)))

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

We weren't together as we watched the movie, so your comment has no bearing on this entire conversation. Why do you feel the need to be inflammatory?

Yeah.
I wouldn't have even bothered to comment on this if you had been more specific.
Thanks.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Gotcha. So it was a misunderstanding on your part?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hugs to you, too. I wish we could all work out misunderstandings so easily.

I obviously didn't understand the OP very clearly, even though I read it over a few times. And then I apparently offended her by making a simple suggestion. I apologize to her. Trust me, I won't make that suggestion to anyone unless they're asking for input of that type. To me, it's like suggesting that someone who has a lump in their breast may have cancer. It's not meant as an offense.

I am acutely aware of the condition. I don't judge it AT ALL. I never would have mentioned it if I thought anyone would take such offense to it. I actually LOVE the series Dexter and was bringing him up lightly (in the relationship forum) simply as an aside.

Now, everyone can go back and talk about whatever the OP intended to about, since I obviously didn't understand it anyway.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well yeah.
But I still think it's whack to say to a friend who saw the same movie, and who confided that they cried for more than half of it..that, "You unnecessarily bawled for over an hour, over nothing."
Then try and post a thread on here saying "I wasn't judging my friend".
Do you see where I am coming from ?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Let me apologize to you as well. I value your posts and opinions on the forum, and I wasn't really offended by what you said, but I see how I could have come across that way.

I didn't expect my rambling post to illicit such a response from people. When you used some all caps words in your original response, I assumed I'd angered you, and that wasn't my intention.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

When you've been friends with someone for twenty years, statements like that don't really come across like you might read them on an Internet forum.

We were discussing our emotional response to the movie. It wasn't meant to demean her, or judge her. She said she cried through the movie, I said how she bawled for an hour about nothing (a movie) and then we had a long discussion about how our emotions are affected by things that are essentially fiction.

I said it was unnecessary, meaning, she was bawling about a movie that doesn't affect her outside of her time on the couch watching the movie. She understood what I meant, because as friends we understand each other's tone and mind set.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I don't generally cry over movies (and when I do its usually just my eyes tearing up) and feel that people who do are crying over nothing. I don't think lesser of them, but it's a fact that the reason they are crying is fake.
edit on 1-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

When you've been friends with someone for twenty years, statements like that don't really come across like you might read them on an Internet forum.

We were discussing our emotional response to the movie. It wasn't meant to demean her, or judge her. She said she cried through the movie, I said how she bawled for an hour about nothing (a movie) and then we had a long discussion about how our emotions are affected by things that are essentially fiction.

I said it was unnecessary, meaning, she was bawling about a movie that doesn't affect her outside of her time on the couch watching the movie. She understood what I meant, because as friends we understand each other's tone and mind set.

That's fascinating.
But you didn't state that you had a 'long discussion' in the original post. And you honestly can't really comment on how it made her feel when you told her she cried for over an hour about 'nothing' (in your opinion).
You're welcome to argue it, and add additional info that you did not include in the original post...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Why you're focusing on it is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I don't generally cry over movies (and when I do its usually just my eyes tearing up) and feel that people who do are crying over nothing. I don't think lesser of them, but it's a fact that the reason they are crying is fake.

Cool. That says a lot about you in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I'm sure it does. But I'll let you judge me in private.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Why you're focusing on it is beyond me.

Well you decided that it was important enough to focus on creating a thread about it.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Well I've judged you in the open.
And you have done that same.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor

Well I've judged you in the open.
And you have done that same.

I haven't judged you. I'm just having a discussion with you about emotions. I try to keep my judgements and emotions out of my discussions. It comes back to that emotional compartmentalization I was talking about earlier.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

No worries dude.
This misguided thread wasn't your fault.
I see your comments on other threads all the time, and it's all good.
I gave you the second star on your post.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

No worries.

PS: I get more emotionally invested in music anyways

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
You should make a thread about the music you like then...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

That would be a directionless thread because I don't have any specific tastes. I'll listen to anything that is good and well written. Though I do like posting various songs in the "post a song you are listening to" threads.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

That would be a directionless thread because I don't have any specific tastes. I'll listen to anything that is good and well written. Though I do like posting various songs in the "post a song you are listening to" threads.

Ok. I guess that was asking a bit too much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join