It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious question for Christians and others of Faith

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Raggedyman
The issue with cannabis is it is a mind altering drug, it can be used to contact spiritual beings

It is forbidden in the bible to use it in that way

I'm curious where in the bible this is stated. I'm also wondering how you can choose to use marijuana to contact spiritual beings or use it to do other things. I can also state that I've never talked to any spiritual beings, and I've done a lot of erm... research.

I doubt you have done any research into what effects marijuana and the spiri....

Oh I get it, your own brand of choof choof research, that would be funny if it wasn't so obviously silly

Try real research, just use google
Anything I say would fall to the forest floor

That means I know you wouldn't listen to me

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: Cannaboss

God said to Adam and Eve they can eat everything in the garden except for one thing...... and it wasn't a hemp plant.

why would you put a forbidden fruit tree in a garden with a couple of stoners? you might as well put a cigarette vendor in a non smoking bar.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

The issue with cannabis is it is a mind altering drug, it can be used to contact spiritual beings

I'm curious where in the bible this is stated. I'm also wondering how you can choose to use marijuana to contact spiritual beings or use it to do other things. I can also state that I've never talked to any spiritual beings, and I've done a lot of erm... research.

I doubt you have done any research into what effects marijuana and the spiri....

Oh I get it, your own brand of choof choof research, that would be funny if it wasn't so obviously silly

Try real research, just use google
Anything I say would fall to the forest floor

That means I know you wouldn't listen to me

How about starting with the bible quote that prohibits using this stuff spiritually like I asked for originally?

PS: I'm not going to prove your point for you. Don't tell me to google your claims. Also, don't make assumption about what I will and won't listen to. Just prove your points. Let me worry about what I'll listen to or not.
edit on 1-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I don't think it is even a religious thing; it's a cultural thing. The culture of western Christianity follows conservative logic which traditionally includes a disdain for marijuana. I've never heard one try to justify their dislike with bible verses.

So I am pretty sure this connection you are seeing doesn't really have a theological reason but more of a political one.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Any little after Deuteronomy 18:10.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: VP740

Deut 18:10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer,

Ok. So I still don't understand how that translates into not being able to use marijuana for spiritual purposes. Can you not commune with god spiritually?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Right after that it says not to talk to the dead.

I don't understand how Marijuana could be used for anything I would consider spiritual. It temporarily inhibits your ability to reason and makes you feel good correct?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: VP740

Marijuana can make you talk to the dead?

That is some mighty potent herb.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

But you can't do that with any drug you take, let alone marijuana.

I don't understand how Marijuana could be used for anything I would consider spiritual. It temporarily inhibits your ability to reason and makes you feel good correct?

I asked that of raggedyman too and I got the standard, "it's true no seriously! I'm too lazy to produce the evidence so just google it yourself" answer I get from shaky claims like that though.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

A lot of the opposition comes from being against intoxicating substances and being against recreational drugs. And for others, it's simply because it's illegal. Too many people have had their lives destroyed by the "War on Drugs". Many people don't want to risk imprisonment or having their assets seized over a plant.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Jesus admittedly drank wine to his heart's content......

Matthew 11:19
"For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon!'

19"The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Behold, a gluttonous man and a drunkard, a

And, it should be noted that Jesus communed with spirits.....even Satan himself.

Jesus was supposedly, an example of spiritual health, am I right?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

raggedyman mentioned mushrooms and apparently Marijuana being used to contact spiritual beings. I can't tell you who he associates with who uses Marijuana for that purpose though. Maybe if you asked him by saying pretty please he could explain further.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Maybe if you asked him by saying pretty please he could explain further.

If Krazy cannot get a straight answer I am not overly optimistic myself. It will be one of the continuing mysteries of faith.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Atheists for the most part are spiritually weak human beings.
What's good for the body is good for the soul. So pump it up
you godless weaklings.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

God should take the first place in our hearts.

When you choose to use a substance that is potentially habit forming, whatever it might be, you risk having Him usurped from that top spot.

How can you love God with all your heart when you are emotionally, psychologically and/or physically addicted to something?

And of course there is also the belief that our body is a temple we should treat as if it is holy as it does house the Holy Spirit. So you should treat it with respect and reverence. Some sects take this to greater degrees than others.

Me personally? I simply don't like being impaired.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Judgmental Christians are easy to propagandize to.

People are easy to propagandize to.

True, but the judgmental Christians are the biggest hold outs against legalizing marijuana.

Or those of us who don't want the welfare state attached to it ... and any other substances that can end up destroying people or being used as an excuse by people who have destroyed themselves.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

True, but the judgmental Christians are the biggest hold outs against legalizing marijuana.

Or those of us who don't want the welfare state attached to it ...

Who attached the "welfare state" to legalizing marijuana? Way to push the goal posts back...

and any other substances that can end up destroying people or being used as an excuse by people who have destroyed themselves

So alcohol?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Or those of us who don't want the welfare state attached to it ... and any other substances that can end up destroying people or being used as an excuse by people who have destroyed themselves.

Who attached the "welfare state" to legalizing marijuana? Way to push the goal posts back...

You mentioned the biggest holdouts ... but I have some conflicting experience.

Go ahead and fry yourself. Just don't expect us to pay for it.

Just like go ahead and have your birth control. Just don't expect us to pay for it.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well no wonder, you've convinced yourself of a false narrative.

PS: this is offtopic, but there are very real financial incentives to giving out free birth control. Though that has nothing to do with this topic and equating the need to give out free birth control with giving out free weed is a slippery slope at the least.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

How can you love God with all your heart when you are emotionally, psychologically and/or physically addicted to something?

From what I've seen, alcohol is a much bigger problem than Marijuana. Alcohol seems tolerated (even encouraged) in the the Bible as long as you don't get carried away with it though. Do you view Marijuana in the same light?
edit on 1-2-2016 by VP740 because: I wanted to add words of encouragement.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join