It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious question for Christians and others of Faith

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhantomOrion
God created this world, and all that HE created, that HE created, is good. If cannabis being a plant that naturally grows in nature, I don't see how it is a bad thing in itself, by itself.

That being said, sobriety is touched upon. Sobriety is vital to a believer. And the way I see it right now, so long as nothing is abused to alter or abuse your mind and body, then it's all good. It's about how we use it. Cannabis, undeniably, has beneficial qualities. I don't see the harm in using it for medicine.

Technically God created the opium plant too. Oh and cyanide. Hemlock.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Getting closer to God would be seen as useful. I think Moses was probably a Shaman of some proto-Judaic religious nomads who had wandered out from under the protection of the ancient Egyptians. Psychedelic drugs would be useful for getting to know God, but they would also come to be controlled by the priest class.

If we look at how the people of the bible lived, Jesus himself is described as a wine-o. They have water for a feast, but Jesus says lets party and turns a lot of water into a lot of wine.

My real point was that no one during the past would have had the knowledge or terminology to call them drug addicts, for they would just say it was some dark magic or act of god depending on the outcome of the drug addicts actions.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: hubrisinxs

Getting closer to God would be seen as useful. I think Moses was probably a Shaman of some proto-Judaic religious nomads who had wandered out from under the protection of the ancient Egyptians. Psychedelic drugs would be useful for getting to know God, but they would also come to be controlled by the priest class.

Maybe, but you can't tell me those priests didn't enjoy talking to god. *wink wink nudge nudge*

If we look at how the people of the bible lived, Jesus himself is described as a wine-o. They have water for a feast, but Jesus says lets party and turns a lot of water into a lot of wine.

Just an fyi, that probably had more to do with alcoholic drinks being safer to drink than ground water.

My real point was that no one during the past would have had the knowledge or terminology to call them drug addicts, for they would just say it was some dark magic or act of god depending on the outcome of the drug addicts actions.

Agreed.
edit on 1-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Growing your own Poppies should be legal as well.

It was very common before it became 'bad'.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Agreed, it was probably a blast tripping out in the wild like that, if your mind could handle your experience and you did not go crazy and kill yourself or others.

For you Information Bad water never made people drink beer instead

We’ve all heard it, and it sounds true: People in medieval Europe drank beer because it was safer than water. Water was dirty and carried all sorts of disease, after all. But taking a closer look at medieval texts has shown that it’s not the case at all.
From linked article

This is a common myth about history where we project our own knowledge in the past. There is no data or evidence that shows the people of the past knew that water or bacterium in water was making them sick.

Jewish weddings were known/are known as major celebrations, and they were known to need a lot of wine. He really was throwing a party and not preventing sickness.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Technically God created the opium plant too. Oh and cyanide. Hemlock.

And tender babies.

Nom, nom, nom.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

Wow. Thanks for that. I always enjoy having my preconceptions about history dispelled by facts, and I'm not being sarcastic here either. I'm honestly impressed and glad you corrected me there.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Ehh, there's some truth to that. They may not have known about bacteria back then, but they knew some sources of water were undesirable and potentially hazardous to health. Flowing water (from springs and streams) was considered fresh. Some bodies of water were used as toilets and were known to be bad for drinking. Alcohol did act as a preservative and they saw it as superior to some sources of water.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Cannaboss

It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man
Matt 15:12

IMO, Jesus would be good with the weed thing, he just abhorred political and religious nutcases and told everyone to be cautious of them and for folks not to say anything to anyone that they may later regret.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Ok old argument
Some mushrooms or toadstools will kill you very quickly
Because they are there should you eat them

The issue with cannabis is it is a mind altering drug, it can be used to contact spiritual beings

It is forbidden in the bible to use it in that way

It is not wrong to use cannabis if it's prescribed, it's a choice

Cannabis like guns, can be used in many ways

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
The issue with cannabis is it is a mind altering drug, it can be used to contact spiritual beings

It is forbidden in the bible to use it in that way

I'm curious where in the bible this is stated. I'm also wondering how you can choose to use marijuana to contact spiritual beings or use it to do other things. I can also state that I've never talked to any spiritual beings, and I've done a lot of erm... research.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I'm curious where in the bible this is stated.

Probably right next to the 'gays cannot get married' part.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

God said to Adam and Eve they can eat everything in the garden except for one thing...... and it wasn't a hemp plant.

No, that would have been the Amanita muscaria, AKA the Forbidden Fruit.

Once they ate this they became "experienced" as Jimi would have said.

Their eyes "opened" and they saw the world for how it was.
They found their ego and realized that they were naked and they soon discovered shame.

The Alien creators that made them through genetic cloning were displeased and kicked them out of the research laboratory compound.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Serious questions for Christians turns into a dog pile
of hateful childish atheists everytime. Have fun with
each other.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Dear God,

Thanks a bunch for the Poison Ivy that I wiped my ass with yesterday.

Also, about those mosquitos that got into my house- while scratching their bites I noticed a giant tick sucking the blood out of my leg...
Really appreciate that.

Thanks!!

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Don't forget to thank god for that wonderful and giving Zika virus making its way up north from South America.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I usually blame that kinda stuff on Obama.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Star for Klass tho.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Dear God,

Thanks a bunch for the Poison Ivy that I wiped my ass with yesterday.

Also, about those mosquitos that got into my house- while scratching their bites I noticed a giant tick sucking the blood out of my leg...
Really appreciate that.

Thanks!!

Sniveler!

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm a Christian. My approach to cannabis is the same as alcohol...moderation.

Christians are usually afraid that cannabis is pharmakeia, but pharmakeia is the use of hallucinogenic substances for the purpose of divination. A little weed never hurt anybody.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join