It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zika virus has NOT been scienticically linked to Microcephaly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
"Although the Brazilian government has said there are almost 4,000 cases of microcephaly in the country, only six of the cases have been strongly linked to Zika virus via laboratory testing that confirms genetic material from the virus is present in the infant, Claudio Maierovitch, director of the Department of Communicable Disease Surveillance in Brazil’s Ministry of Health"

www.scientificamerican.com...

There is no formal link between the zika virus and microcephaly.

yournewswire.com...

"FACT—Drug companies did not test the safety and effectiveness of giving Tdap vaccine to pregnant women before the vaccines were licensed in the U.S. and there is almost no data on inflammatory or other biological responses to this vaccine that could affect pregnancy and birth outcomes.

FACT—According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) adequate testing has not been done in humans to demonstrate safety for pregnant women and it is not known whether the vaccines can cause fetal harm or affect reproduction capacity. The manufacturers of the Tdap vaccine state that human toxicity and fertility studies are inadequate and warn that Tdap should “be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.”

FACT—There are ingredients pertussis containing Tdap vaccine that have not been fully evaluated for potential genotoxic or other adverse effects on the human fetus developing in the womb that may negatively affect health after birth, including aluminum adjuvants, mercury containing (Thimerosal) preservatives and many more bioactive and potentially toxic ingredients.

FACT—There are serious problems with outdated testing procedures for determining the potency and toxicity of pertussis vaccines and some scientists are calling for limits to be established for specific toxin content of pertussis-containing vaccines.

FACT—There are no published biological mechanism studies that assess pre-vaccination health status and measure changes in brain and immune function and chromosomal integrity after vaccination of pregnant women or their babies developing in the womb.

FACT—Since licensure of Tdap vaccine in the U.S., there have been no well designed prospective case controlled studies comparing the health outcomes of large groups of women who get pertussis containing Tdap vaccine during pregnancy either separately or simultaneously compared to those who do not get the vaccines, and no similar health outcome comparisons of their newborns at birth or in the first year of life have been conducted. Safety and effectiveness evaluations that have been conducted are either small, retrospective, compare vaccinated women to vaccinated women or have been performed by drug company or government health officials using unpublished data.

FACT—FACT—The FDA has licensed Tdap vaccines to be given once as a single dose pertussis booster shot to individuals over 10 or 11 years old. The CDC’s recommendation that doctors give every pregnant woman a Tdap vaccination during every pregnancy—regardless of whether a woman has already received one dose of Tdap—is an off-label use of the vaccine.

FACT—Injuries and deaths from pertussis-containing vaccines are the most compensated claims in the federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) and influenza vaccine injuries and deaths are the second most compensated claim.

FACT—A 2013 published study evaluating reports of acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) following vaccination in the U. S. Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) and in a European vaccine reaction reporting system found that pertussis containing DTaP was among the vaccines most frequently associated with brain inflammation in children between birth and age five.

Tdap is manufactured by two pharmaceutical companies: Sanofi Pasteur of France and GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) of the United Kingdom.

The Sanofi Pasteur product contains aluminum phosphate, residual formaldehyde, residual glutaraldehyde, and 2-phenoxyethanola, along with the following growth mediums and process ingredients: Stainer-Scholte medium, casamino acids, dimethyl-beta-cyclodextrin, glutaraldehyde, formaldehyde, aluminum phosphate, modified Mueller-Miller casamino acid medium without beef heart infusion, ammonium sulfate, 2-phenoxyethanol, water for injection.

The GSK product contains aluminum hydroxide, sodium chloride, residual formaldehyde, polysorbate 80 (Tween 80), along with the following growth mediums and process ingredients: modified Latham medium derived from bovine casein, Fenton medium containing bovine extract, formaldehyde, Stainer-Scholte liquid medium, glutaraldehyde, aluminum hydroxide.

Unsurprisingly, the Brazilian government announced on January 15, 2016 it will direct funds to a biomedical research center (Sao Paulo-based Butantan Institute) to help develop a vaccine against Zika. Development of the vaccine is expected to take 3-5 years. Again, no consideration to the irony that you may be developing a vaccine to address a problem that may have been CAUSED by a vaccine, and that that new vaccine may COMPOUND the problem No consideration to the possibility that the answer to the problem may not be to do MORE, but rather to do LESS (simply STOP giving Tdap to pregnant women).

The number of cases of microcephaly in Brazil has grown to 3,530 babies, as of mid-January 2016. Fewer than 150 such cases were seen in all of 2014."

This all may have been caused by a viral vector(a genetically engineered virus inside of a GM mosquito delivery system that alters human genes)

Oh and GM mosquitoes were released in 2015 in the exact areas effected in the virus outbreak.

www.rt.com...
edit on 31-1-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

edit on 31-1-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

The CDC’s recommendation that doctors give every pregnant woman a Tdap vaccination during every pregnancy—regardless of whether a woman has already received one dose of Tdap—is an off-label use of the vaccine.

Yes. In the third trimester. Now explain how TDAP can retroactively cause underdevopment of the fetal brain.

While you're at it, maybe you can explain why there has been no increase in microcephaly in the US even though TDAP has been in use on pregnant women for at least 5 years.

But you're correct Zika has not be positively identified as the cause of microcephaly in Brazil. However, in 2014, before the Zika virus showed up, there were 147 reported cases. In 2015, after the Zika virus showed up, there were over 3,500 reported cases. It is also known that other diseases can have similar effects.

edit on 1/31/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The CDC’s recommendation that doctors give every pregnant woman a Tdap vaccination during every pregnancy—regardless of whether a woman has already received one dose of Tdap—is an off-label use of the vaccine.

Yes. In the third trimester. Now explain how TDAP can retroactively cause underdevopment of the fetal brain.

While you're at it, maybe you can explain why there has been no increase in microcephaly in the US even though TDAP has been in use on pregnant women for at least 5 years.

But you're correct Zika has not be positively identified as the cause of microcephaly in Brazil. However, in 2014, before the Zika virus showed up, there were 147 reported cases. In 2015, after the Zika virus showed up, there were over 3,500 reported cases.

Could there have been a tainted batch? I would like to see the medical investigation into that possibility. I am sure you have a link though, so please post it.

And I have not read where the brain development of the recorded microcephalic babies is definitely reflective of an issue that happened at any particular fetal age.

There is only a correlative link between these microcephalic births and the ZIka virus, so I am reluctant to pin this on Zika -- much the same way I am reluctant to pin every single VEARS report on vaccines. Same reason: they are all correlative, not causative.

After years of hearing how a correlative link is not good enough to fret about with regard to vaccines and adverse effects, it's difficult for me to work up the fear the media is peddling with the Zika virus. It's just a correlative link at this point....so it's a nothing, eh? Anyone fretting over it is a stupid, effing, ridiculous fool who is too stupid to accept good science, right?

Besides, 560 pregnant women, in Colombia, tested positive for Zika and none gave birth to children with microcephaly, so all of this is just Jenny McCarthy-type fearmongering...no? Yes?

When does a correlative link count? When all of the mothers of the microcephalic babies had the TDaP vaccine (at whatever gestation) but only a few of the babies tested positive for the Zika virus???

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

S&Fs OP.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye
[qIt's just a correlative link at this point....so it's a nothing, eh? Anyone fretting over it is a stupid, effing, ridiculous fool who is too stupid to accept good science, right? No. It's more than nothing. It is quite a bit higher correlation that those claimed by vaccine critics. But it is true that an absolute link has not been found.

Besides, 560 pregnant women, in Colombia, tested positive for Zika and none gave birth to children with microcephaly,
Source?
I have seen that number used as a statistic for Columbia, but not in the manner you claim. Where is it said that none gave birth to children with microcephaly? If that were true it would be important information.

Earlier figures from the health ministry showed 560 pregnant women had the disease, out of more than 13 500 infections.

www.nationnews.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Besides, 560 pregnant women, in Colombia, tested positive for Zika and none gave birth to children with microcephaly,
Source?
I have seen that number used as a statistic for Columbia, but not in the manner you claim. Where is it said that none gave birth to children with microcephaly? If that were true it would be important information.

Earlier figures from the health ministry showed 560 pregnant women had the disease, out of more than 13 500 infections.

www.nationnews.com...

Here:

Some 560 pregnant women are among those infected, the minister said, though so far no cases of newborns suffering from microcephaly, a congenital defect caused by zika, have been registered in the country.

Reuters

edit on 31-1-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I would also like your link disqualifying a tainted batch of TDaP as the culprit and indicating the issue arises before the third trimester.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

No offense to you, but it bugs me that a purely correlative link between microcephaly and Zika is somehow so much more compelling than any correlative link between ANY reported adverse effect and vaccines.

It feels wrong because it is wrong.

I have no idea what is causing the microcephaly, but if we are basing hysteria on correlative links, then it's likely that the TDaP vaccine is a far more compelling link.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I would also like your link disqualifying a tainted batch of TDaP as the culprit and indicating the issue arises before the third trimester.

Please?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Some 560 pregnant women are among those infected, the minister said, though so far no cases of newborns suffering from microcephaly, a congenital defect caused by zika, have been registered in the country.

So it doesn't say:

Because, as far as I know, you don't have a newborn and still be pregnant. "Are pregnant" means they have not given birth.

I don't recall discounting the possibility but you're asking me to demonstrate a negative? But perhaps you could provide evidence that a "tainted batch" may have been involved.

I have no link regarding factors before the third trimester, it was a piece of speculation.

I have no idea what is causing the microcephaly, but if we are basing hysteria on correlative links, then it's likely that the TDaP vaccine is a far more compelling link.
Why? When it is known that other diseases (toxoplasmosis, cytomegalovirus, rubella) do cause similar birth defects while there is no strong correlation showing that any vaccine may.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

So it doesn't say:

"Besides, 560 pregnant women, in Colombia, tested positive for Zika and none gave birth to children with microcephaly.."
Because, as far as I know, you don't have a newborn and still be pregnant. "Are pregnant" means they have not given birth.

I feel completely confident any fetuses have been monitored for microcephaly via ultrasound if their mothers tested positive for Zika. That would be a no-brainer (no pun intended).

It's not something that is typically discovered at/after birth -- not when it's as profound as the children we are discussing.
edit on 1-2-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Why? When it is known that other diseases (toxoplasmosis, cytomegalovirus, rubella) do cause similar birth defects while there is no strong correlation showing that any vaccine may.

Because I would think nearly (if not all) of the mothers to these microcephalic children had the TDaP vaccine, but not toxoplasmosis, cytomegalovirus, rubella, or even zika.

Besides, I suggested that a tainted batch might be the culprit given the close proximity of all these births.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I was going to post a thread of my own on this but I'll post it here. Take a look who funded the discovery of the Zika virus. Good old Rockefeller Foundation.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So what causes the small heads in children? I went to school in the 80's with two brothers like that. In advance, I'm very unfamiliar with the causes...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Severe microcephaly (like the one seen with the kids in Brazil) can be detected before birth, usually at 24 weeks (of pregnancy). The TDap is given between 27 and 36 weeks of gestation... see why it couldn't be the vaccine?

originally posted by: LSU0408
So what causes the small heads in children? I went to school in the 80's with two brothers like that. In advance, I'm very unfamiliar with the causes...

Many different causes: some viral infections but also drug / alcochol abuse and malnutrition.
edit on 1-2-2016 by Agartha because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

Severe microcephaly (like the one seen with the kids in Brazil) can be detected before birth, usually at 24 weeks (of pregnancy). The TDap is given between 27 and 36 weeks of gestation... see why it couldn't be the vaccine?

No. Not all microcephalic cases are equal.

From what I have read, it seems the brain fissures are not present in the microcephalic babies in question. The fissures develop before the eighth month.

Because the CDC is not recommending travel to the hardest hit areas by pregnant women in ANY trimester, I think it's too early to declare anything for certain.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Many different causes: some viral infections but also drug / alcochol abuse and malnutrition.

How sad. I always assumed it could have been drug or alcohol abuse. The mom was pretty far out there if I remember correctly. The younger son used to sneak behind the group photos for the High School yearbook and flip the camera off, inconspicuously. We didn't mind though, those of us with a sense of humor would just chuckle at his actions and carry on. He was a pretty funny guy.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

From what I have read, it seems the brain fissures are not present in the microcephalic babies in question. The fissures develop before the eighth month.

Because the CDC is not recommending travel to the hardest hit areas by pregnant women in ANY trimester, I think it's too early to declare anything for certain.

Of course they are not all equal but the working hypothesis right now is that, to cause microcephaly, the infection had to occur in the first trimester. This is the information that's been made available by Public Health England.

But I agree it is too early to declare anything, however, the vaccine on the last trimester of gestation cannot shrink a head of normal size.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Of course they are not all equal but the working hypothesis right now is that, to cause microcephaly, the infection had to occur in the first trimester. This is the information that's been made available by Public Health England.

But I agree it is too early to declare anything, however, the vaccine on the last trimester of gestation cannot shrink a head of normal size.

I have not read that the brains of these babies are smaller than the brain of a 26 week old fetus. But if you have a link to that info, I will certainly consider it very seriously. I haven't exhaustively read the information out there.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Bill Gates knows a few things about mosquitos and population control.

Here he is talking about mosquitos as a viral carrier.

Melissa Melton confronts Bill Gates(man she is hot...)

Kenyan Bishops found sterilant in tetanius vaccines.

Polio vaccines paralyzing 45,000 children.
edit on 1-2-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

top topics

<<   2 >>

join