It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gutsy broad pulls over cop for speeding.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I dont know where these people get the courage to do stuff like this:

Citizens shut down police check point.

I'm so glad that he didnt hurt her.

I nearly crap my pants every time I get pulled over let alone chasing a cop down and pulling HIM over.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
At least the cop was cool about it, I expected her to be pulled out of the car and arrested for "obstructing justice" or some such nonsense.

I've seen on more than one occasion where a cop turned his lights and siren on just to get past a red light only to turn them off after getting through the intersection, not caring who saw him or anything. A lot of cops think they're above the law because they're the ones who are supposed to enforce it.

Good on this cop for actually listening and not going on a power trip.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I respect her for what she did, however, from a monetary stand point, I prefer to stay as far under the LEO radar as possible. Mainly because I do not have the money to afford myself "Liberty and Justice"!

I won't condemn her, but I sure as hell hope she has the funds and a good attorney to support her freedom of doing what she did......

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
People like this are idiots. She's worried about the cop speeding, so she pulls out her phone and decides to go 80 while filming.

She isn't brave, she's an obnoxious busy body. I get irritated when I see cops speeding too, but chasing a cop because he's speeding is ore dangerous than letting it go, so is being on the side of a road. Get the plate number, write to the chief, the guy will get talked to and will be more likely to watch it than if he's confronted by some shrill harpy.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
He should've given her a ticket for speeding. As far as she knew, he may have been headed toward an emergency.

Stick to your cats, lady.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
CRISIS AVERTED

Thank god she intervened.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Completely agree. She probably should've had a breathalyzer test done because you'd have to be under the influence to think that was a good idea, especially hauling ass while recording it on your phone.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Would that then mean she was speeding to catch up with the cop? If so, she'd no doubt deserve a ticket. What if she'd had crashed into someone else. See that's where she is lucky the cop seemed to be alright and admit it and (Shockingly) apologise for it. But I'm not sure if I was that cop and she said she was going 85 to try to catch up and was speeding as well then I'd be very tempted to ticket her and say that she didn't have a right to know why I was going that fast because it was a police matter.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I'm surprised the cop didn't hassle her for pulling him over. I give him credit for being honest and taking responsibility for it.

I think she should have just taken down the plate number and car ID and called it into the police station instead of confronting the police officer. She's lucky this police officer wasn't an asshole.

If the shoe was on the other foot, you can bet you or I would have been slapped with a speeding ticket. Another example of how the public gets the short end of the stick when it comes to getting equal justice.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I don't have any problems with cops speeding. The faster they are going, the faster they'll get away from me. And the farther they are from me, the happier I am.

-dex

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I've seen on more than one occasion where a cop turned his lights and siren on just to get past a red light only to turn them off after getting through the intersection, not caring who saw him or anything. A lot of cops think they're above the law because they're the ones who are supposed to enforce it.

I am not saying that doesn't happen, but did you know that multiple times throughout the day officers are dispatched to calls that come out as something that requires lights and sirens to get to, only to be canceled before they arrive on scene.

For example, I am sitting at a light and dispatched to a burglary in progress (something that requires lights and sirens). You are at the same intersection and see me turn my lights and sirens on to get through it. Once I am through, dispatch updates the call because it wasn't actually a burglary in progress, it was a neighbor who thought they saw someone breaking into the house next door only to realize it was the homeowner, or the cable guy, or whoever.

Sometimes they are dispatched to calls but are canceled because enough officers are on scene, or because officers that first arrived already detained the suspect, or a multitude of other reasons.

It probably happens most with traffic accidents though. They usually come out as having injuries which requires a lights and siren response. When it is realized the involved parties are actually not injured, the importance of response is downgraded.

My point is, don't think that every time you see something like that occur it is an officer "abusing" their powers.

Although this is ATS....

Sorry for off topic post.
edit on 31-1-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Hey Torquey,

While you're here, what do you think about the issue of police driving over the speed limit? I see it all of the time. I drive on the Interstate here in VA a lot. I frequently see the State Police rolling down the hammer lane well above the speed limit. They're not driving at what I would consider a reckless speed, but certainly significantly faster then me.

As I indicated in a previous post, it doesn't bother me personally. But I am curious why this is so prevalent.

BTW, I'm sure that you never exceed the speed limit if you aren't running "Code 3"

Thanks
-dex

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Hey Torquey,

While you're here, what do you think about the issue of police driving over the speed limit? I see it all of the time. I drive on the Interstate here in VA a lot. I frequently see the State Police rolling down the hammer lane well above the speed limit. They're not driving at what I would consider a reckless speed, but certainly significantly faster then me.

As I indicated in a previous post, it doesn't bother me personally. But I am curious why this is so prevalent.

BTW, I'm sure that you never exceed the speed limit if you aren't running "Code 3"

Thanks
-dex

Could be to scan as many plates through the traffic as possible,law of averages and all that.....thats what i would do if it were my job and i wanted to have great numbers to move up the ladder

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No agencies in my county have license plate scanners.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

No agencies in my county have license plate scanners.

Really....how about that...my bad i simply assumed living in a country that is generally behind the rest of the world in technology that it would be the norm across the U.S.....

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

I can't say that I have never done it, but it is wrong. However, rarely did I ever speed. The city I patrolled had heavy traffic and it wasn't easy to do so.

That said, the way I had always approached speeders was as long as they weren't reckless I wouldn't write them. I kid you not, I hardly wrote any speeding tickets in 10 years. The ones I did write were because they were tail gating, aggressively changing lanes, etc.

If a speeder wasn't driving recklessly I would only pull them over if they were doing 15MPH or more above the speed limit. Again, if they weren't reckless I would either write them a written warning or just give them a verbal warning. I would always remind them that there were officers that would write them a citation and to be careful. I would also tell them what roads to be the most cautious on.

Just to add, there are call types that require an expedited response but not lights and sirens. Now that doesn't mean go 25MPH over the speed limit, but there is justification to go a little faster.

At my agency it was

Code 3. Get there fast, but no lights and sirens except to get through intersections (case by case bases). Large fights, certain grand thefts in progress, etc.

Code 2. Get there faster with lights and sirens. Burglaries in progress, robberies in progress, etc.

Code 1. Balls to the wall get there as fast as humanly possible without endangering the public. Officer down, active shooter, etc.
edit on 1-2-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I don't think it is as common in America as people think it is.

And my county isn't small by any means. The population is over a million. Not huge, but not small.

join