It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God help David Cameron and our leaders if anything happens in the UK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens the Manchester bomb provided the city with a much needed face lift. No disrespect for the injured.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Yeah our door man at our offices was blinded by the glass so never got to see that facelift!a reply to: woodwardjnr

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Yeah our door man at our offices was blinded by the glass so never got to see that facelift!a reply to: woodwardjnr

Still no one died,

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
In the UK, they can track any person on camera from Cornwall to Scotland, and if that person has a car and phone then this is done with ease.

Thanks to the Big Brother police state. The UK is probably the hardest country in the world to pull off a terrorist attack, unless it is a lone crazy person that just decides to have an episode.

If any terrorist attack happens in the UK that is calibrated with more than one person, then the SIS (Secret Intelligence Service) will know about it. If there are any terrorist cells in the UK then the SIS will know about it. And if there is any terrorist attack that comes off now, you can bet it’s a false flag event.

The Establishment simply does not care what the average person in Britain thinks. Britain does not have a democracy. David Cameron was allowed to form a majority government with only get 36% share of the vote. And if you include everyone that can vote, then that number is 24%. That means that 76% of British people either did not vote, or did not vote for the Conservative Party. Incredible.

Intelligence agencies are the bane to any real democracy. And the problem with the UK is that it has the most conniving of all intelligence agencies. The problem with the US is that they have too many of them.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well from what I hear from ex Londoners their once beautiful city has also changed for the worse I believe parts are like a huge rubbish tip so by your philosophy as long as no one is killed anything else might be an improvement.

By the way a lot of the money came from funding for the Commonwealth games and then from investment following thise games. The arndale wasnt fully insured. There were already plans in place before the bomb went off.a reply to: woodwardjnr

link   

I worked in Manchester when the IRA bomb went off and I was also in the Arndale when the call came. When it went off it was horrific it was like the bowels of the earth were rising. I had to go to work the next day to retrieve paperwork and was let in through Police barrier. The streets were empty and for a good mile before I arrived every window in every building was gone and curtains were blowing in the breeze. When I got into my office where my desk and chair should have been was a big hole where the lift had blown through the shaft.

So I do know the feeling having witnessed it and lived to tell the story.

Difference with IRA most of the time they rang ahead to say there was a bomb (they had that day otherwise hundreds would have been killed) and there was room for negotiation. These tetrorists now are just psycopaths they dont want anything they just want all infidels dead and there is no warning. a reply to: grainofsand

Not going to get over involved here but there is a big difference between the IRA and ISIS in the UK and that is that the IRA was a genuine terrorist organisation that caused terror, killed many people and disrupted everyday life in the UK for many years for political reasons.

Comparing the two is unfounded regardless of your belief and if you were to look into the actual history of the IRA, ISIS, Media manipulation of the public and intelligence agency involvement in both organisations then you would understand a little better.

Pleas feel free to PM me as I do not wish to go into this in public but would love to enlighten you.

link   

edit on 31-1-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I worked in Manchester when the IRA bomb went off and I was also in the Arndale when the call came. When it went off it was horrific it was like the bowels of the earth were rising. I had to go to work the next day to retrieve paperwork and was let in through Police barrier. The streets were empty and for a good mile before I arrived every window in every building was gone and curtains were blowing in the breeze. When I got into my office where my desk and chair should have been was a big hole where the lift had blown through the shaft.

So I do know the feeling having witnessed it and lived to tell the story.

Difference with IRA most of the time they rang ahead to say there was a bomb (they had that day otherwise hundreds would have been killed) and there was room for negotiation. These tetrorists now are just psycopaths they dont want anything they just want all infidels dead and there is no warning. a reply to: grainofsand

True but the level of fear is the difference. These "anouncements" are intended to strike fear into people who don't stop for a second and think. Let's give thinking a try shall we : How many "psycopathic" attacks have there been ? Hmm let me think now, backwards :

* One person (Lee Rigby) in 2013 by two nutters with knives.
* Nobody dead in Glasgow Airport in june 2007 but the "terrorist" whilst on fire!!! was thumped and stopped by a local (the first and last attack by any group since 1970, don't mess with folks up here!)
* 56 dead in July 2005 from a coordinated attack on the London Underground.

Now before 2005 there is a massive list all related to the Real IRA (post good friday splinter IRA) and the Provisional IRA. Given that the IRA campaign is clearly 20-30 times more intensive than the ISIS campaign how come we didn't run around going mental every time we heard an Irish voice or saw people dressed in green.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Do you ever stop to question why the media might want you to be afraid, who's agenda they're following or how it serves the government to have a crippled, compliant population begging to be protected from the monsters they've created?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

If any of these threats become a reality then God help our leaders thats all I can say along with Corbyn and his crew because not only have they turned a blind eye to the radicals in this Country and the extremism they preach they have also helped in bringing more extremists into the Country.

You can't really blame the current leaders, this has the previous lots policies in removing Saddam as its cause. Tony Blair removed Saddam and that let Isis in to Iraq then Syria. Tony Blair is the man who destroyed the relative calm in the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Debunkology
In the UK, they can track any person on camera from Cornwall to Scotland, and if that person has a car and phone then this is done with ease.

Er, no they cannot. Too much time spent on websites that spill rubbish.

In the UK the CCTV is completely uncoordinated. They can only piece together snap shots from myriad private CCTV and tha's patchy outside of city centres where shop and traffic cameras are common.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

If any of these threats become a reality then God help our leaders thats all I can say along with Corbyn and his crew because not only have they turned a blind eye to the radicals in this Country and the extremism they preach they have also helped in bringing more extremists into the Country.

You can't really blame the current leaders, this has the previous lots policies in removing Saddam as its cause. Tony Blair removed Saddam and that let Isis in to Iraq then Syria. Tony Blair is the man who destroyed the relative calm in the Middle East.

I am pretty sure that the middle east was somewhat turbulent before the Blair Era and that he had some help from Mr Bush with that fiasco.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: anxiouswens

I have said it before but letting the extremists back in is actually not a bad idea if you think about it.Dometsic terrorist cells can be a nightmare to detect.

MI5 likely do it on purpose as they can wack heavy surveillance on them with the hope they go scurrying off in there community’s and contact over extremists. That MI5 can track and list all the terrorists and cells they never would have caught otherwise. Then when the time comes to pick them up, not only do they get the original extremists but a ton of others and cells.

I agree. There's a second reason too. Newt Gingrich explained it in this clip below, starting around the 45 second mark (the clip is less than 2 minutes).

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
True, I can cross the south west of England and avoid any CCTV or ANPR cameras easily.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

I am pretty sure that the middle east was somewhat turbulent before the Blair Era and that he had some help from Mr Bush with that fiasco.

The ME may have been turbulent before Blair but it was controlled, by destroying the secular leadership of iraq Blair let in the Islamic State. There was a strong leadership that kept things under control, sure Saddam was a bad man but having him in power meant terror groups that threatened the world would not control the regions oil wealth and have their own base state. No more Saddam meant we got the terrorists in return. Yes Bush was also in on the game too, but they were the reason for the current threat to us not our current leadership.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

Intelligence agencies are the bane to any real democracy.

I understand your reasoning....

But bear in mind UK intelligence services are renowned for preventing attacks.

www.theguardian.com...
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

Of course there are those on here who will automatically assume or allege that these plots are fabricated etc but its a fact that at least some of these plots have been real and have resulted in successful prosecutions.

Our intelligence services need to be monitored but they also require the freedom to take the necessary actions that prevents the slaughter of innocent citizens.

Its a fine balancing act.

.....Britain does not have a democracy....

Its far from perfect - I'm a fierce opponent of the current electoral and parliamentary processes but what we have is far better than some, if not most.
And if we are to change it then it requires people getting actively involved in the political process and not just whining, something the vast majority of people choose not to do.

A topic for another thread methinks.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
..and all who sail on him (salutes).

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

In the UK the CCTV is completely uncoordinated. They can only piece together snap shots from myriad private CCTV and tha's patchy outside of city centres where shop and traffic cameras are common.

THIS....

It is sometimes impossible to track someone even when using just one control room let alone a number of them through the country. The coordination needed would be unbelievable and that is before you have the cameras that are not in use or being serviced.

RA

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

I hate it how ignorant posters just spew out that ‚“No they cannot, too much time spent on the internet”.

Like I just get my information from thin air or “conspiracy websites”. I never write anything unless I know.
I know Police. I know midlands police, and one cop told me how they tracked drug dealers on CCTV all the way from Cornwall to Birmingham. That all they need is a mobile phone and a car and you can easily be tracked from “Cornwall to Scotland”.

The guy was also on TV and they did a segment on Westcountry news. When I saw it my jaw dropped at just how much of a police state we have become. If regular investigative narcotics police have access to that, then WTH do the secret service have access to?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
And if we are to change it then it requires people getting actively involved in the political process and not just whining, something the vast majority of people choose not to do.

A topic for another thread methinks.

Any type of successful action has to come from activists, and any activist worth something will already have been investigated by the Secret Service. If they have undercover workers for movements as harmless as “Green” activists, they must have a hell of lot of undercovers working somewhere else. Britain First, absolutely. Mostly to gather information so the police know in advance of events so they can control it and also to sabotage anything that can be successful.

That is why democracy will not flourish in Britain because the Secret Service have it under wraps.
Your right about the parliamentary process being a case for another thread. If I had a choice I think Britain should adopt the German system of proportional representation. But the two big major parties will miss out, and it will never happen.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join