It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Did Bigfoot Go?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

The hoaxers have ruined the fun of speculation entirely.

It seems more difficult to do a good hoax with modern hd equipment. It would make it much easier if bigfoot were real, but it makes it more difficult to hoax. They need different ways of creating ambiguity. Shaky, blurry, grainy and out of focus doesn't cut it any more, so it's usually too distant to make out, or too obscured etc. Todd Standing has had ago at it in hd but few find it convincing, unless you are a prof. of anthropology and anatomy/bigfoot expert of course, then there isn't much that isn't a real bigfoot.

There was quite a good one some years back which had a lot of researchers in a lather. One popular internet researcher of such things drew many comparisons to "Patty". Then the teenagers that made it told people that it was a fake, took 'em a half hour from start to finish to make it (including costume). Seems they were only out for a bit of fun, rather than real hoax or it could have ended up in the "never been scientifically debunked", "can't be physically replicated by humans" bin. lol.

There even seems to be a lull in track hoaxing/misidentification lately.

I certainly don't believe in Bigfoot videos, but I really want to believe that somewhere deep in the forest, there is or was something that inspired all of those old tales.

Those tales are common around the world, with the same result. It doesn't look promising.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: whoisbubs

I know that was a life experience. Not something one easily forgets in the fog of time. There are lots of skeptics and I personally don't blame them for their views. I thought the same thing before my encounter. Thing is Sasquatch wasn't something created in modern times and native Americans have long had experiences with them. That is where the term Sasquatch came from. Since you heard the yell, you know how powerful that experience is. Even though I knew they were around and had seen one with close up with rifles scope and all, I hadn't heard their yell until on the edge of the Okefenokee swamp hunting in Georgia. We have hunted the Okefenokee swamp (Big Gum, Pinhook Swamp Unit, etc.) for the last 30 years and I never encountered it again. But, that yell will flat unglue a person, especially close range. I don't know anything capable of it and I heard gators, panthers, bear, etc. many times and they just do not even come close to the sheer volume and power released by a bigfoot, skunk ape, Sasquatch, or whatever someone knows it as.

I currently believe their yell to be a territorial one that they make when they detect someone in their territory. At least that yell. They are capable of others. For example, the amount of wildlife in the area probably made it a hunting spot for them that you were violating. Also, notice all the animals didn't flee when you were there even with lights. They didn't fear your presence, but the second that squatch yelled they disappeared. I expect they have experienced being hunted by it and knew it was time to flee. It's interesting to be in the woods and see how animals act. If we get spotted hunting, even sitting still in a stand the squirrels and crows if they spot you will stay in the area and make warning calls alerting all the animals of your presence. If that happens, you might as well leave. The animals are much smarter than people think, and a being like a bigfoot is extremely smart and avoids detection.

I often wonder how many people that believe they don't exist have seen bears, panthers, etc. out in the woods. Or the ones that say their skeletons are never found. The biologists will tell you it is near impossible to find bear skeletons and yet we all know they exist. These animals aren't hanging out in the woods on the edge of civilization. And in the last 40 years spending months every year deep in the woods I saw one and heard another. And the one I heard was black dark in the Okefenokee swamp. How many skeptics on the net have been in a half million acre swamp in black night for the amount of time required to come across such a critter.

Here is an analogy. Rogue wave that ship captains kept telling people about and even the review boards thought they were drunk or using it for an excuse for poor seamanship. Now we know they exist, have been caught by technology like on oil rigs, satellite, pictures, and other evidence like a bridge being smashed in 80' above the water. Bigfoot is equally elusive and not believed. And for the most part by people never in their territory.

edit on 30/1/16 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I don't think Mr. elusive is going anywhere soon.
Altho he is only included here it is less than a month old.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

The yell is what made me believe, very powerful, when I see blurry photos of bigfoot I get suprised people even got a blurry photo, as soon as it yelled instinct took over all of us and we dropped everything and ran, we were trained airman in spec ops meritorious unit in the 1sow, we pooed are pants that night, two of my friends right now who were with me are serving right now overseas, in war, I could call them at any moment and ask them their most terryfing moment, they'll all say that night in the woods when the skunk ape tried to kill us, haha. I'm glad I had the experience but I wouldnt go looking for it, even seeing a black bear in the woods scares the living hell out of me.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

David Paulides has always kept away from naming who or what he believes is responsible for the 411 cases he's investigated, so I'm not going to jump to that conclusion.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Here's a shot in the dark - From one of the last Survivorman Bigfoot episodes from the last season, I remember it being said by a guy (can't remember his name, but he's somewhat famous for his recent clear facial pictures of bigfoots) who claims to know of particular areas that the Sasquatch dwell, that one night, he heard and saw a large black helicopter with no marker lights fly into that area while he was camping near the area that the Sasquatch were known to be/live. He then heard a bunch of gun fire, almost like a raid, then the chopper flew off and then he heard absolutely nothing after that. He then claimed that the sightings, noises and activity stopped cold turkey after that chopper appeared.

According to Les Stroud, he claims that he has spoken with government peeps that told him directly that they are well aware of the Bigfoots. Could it be that there are operations in play by TPTB to keep this BF thing under wraps?... Could BFs possibly be the original "humans" of earth, and by eliminating the species, it would thereby eliminate any controversy as to where we modern humans came from...

Sorry if that sounds a little out there, but it's just a though that I had.

MS

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MadSigntist

Don't worry about being too "out there". Either Les Stroud did hear this from someone and it's true, or he heard it from someone and it is false, or he's keeping the media money train rolling by drumming up interest...who knows.

Do you have any links to those pictures?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I was pretty crestfallen when more and more information was released over the years debunking Bigfoot left and right. I used to love to listen to the audio recordings of Bigfoot howls in the forest at night. I finally gave up believing a few years ago but I still like reading about the sightings because I still feel the idea and mythology of Bigfoot is important to society. But yeah, you're right, Bigfoot news seems to be happening less and less. The last thing I remember reading about Bigfoot was a news story where a group of Bigfoot hunters got mixed up in a marijuana bust. Seems a far cry from Harry and the Hendersons!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You do realize that these shows you named are actually fiction dressed up as "documentaries".

There have even been quotes from the producers to that effect.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfie0827

I think they were being sarcastic?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MadSigntist
Here's a shot in the dark - From one of the last Survivorman Bigfoot episodes from the last season, I remember it being said by a guy (can't remember his name, but he's somewhat famous for his recent clear facial pictures of bigfoots) who claims to know of particular areas that the Sasquatch dwell, that one night, he heard and saw a large black helicopter with no marker lights fly into that area while he was camping near the area that the Sasquatch were known to be/live. He then heard a bunch of gun fire, almost like a raid, then the chopper flew off and then he heard absolutely nothing after that. He then claimed that the sightings, noises and activity stopped cold turkey after that chopper appeared.

According to Les Stroud, he claims that he has spoken with government peeps that told him directly that they are well aware of the Bigfoots. Could it be that there are operations in play by TPTB to keep this BF thing under wraps?... Could BFs possibly be the original "humans" of earth, and by eliminating the species, it would thereby eliminate any controversy as to where we modern humans came from...

Sorry if that sounds a little out there, but it's just a though that I had.

MS

Ok, this is the Erickson Project and almost no researcher (serious that is) believes him, his photos have been shown to be recycled with elements changed, such as a face shot with a branch in the way, then a few months later another shot that matches the first exactly supposedly taken months later except the branch is missing, but other than the branch missing they line up exactly, others are shots that have been reversed and claimed as new shots.

Here is the link to the site and you can judge for yourself.
Erickson Project

Sorry, at the time of this post it has an "Under Construction" place holder up, it was a full website. So I'll post a link to youtube search that has videos both for and breakdowns against his information.

Youtube Search

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I sure hope so. Otherwise the level of intelligence has dropped majorly around here./s

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think Big Foot has become more sly with his wanderings. If they're a form of human, and very smart. With more people in the world, maybe they are staying in the hard to reach areas. All of their senses are stronger than ours, giving them the upper hand in remaining unseen. I'm sure they can even sense and smell objects made of foreign material and touched by human hands, such as trail cams, and avoid the area. They have no doubt seen hunters shooting and killing animals with metal contraptions, maybe they think other hand held devices and cameras are capable of doing the same thing, leading to very few photos of Big Foot. I think they go near humans when they choose to, and are in control of the encounter.

My friends uncle told me about when he and his brother saw one while camping in WA in the 70's. For me, his story proves Bigfoots existence, because he is the most drop dead serious and honest individual I've ever met. He was an engineer for military planes, and had that engineer personality. He didn't even listen to music or watch tv, because he said he didn't have time for external nonsense.

He said they had hiked to a remote spot, fished in a stream nearby, built a fire that night, and cleaned and cooked the fish. They were sitting in lawn chairs, eating their fish dinner, along with some side goodies they had heated in a pan. These guys by the way, are 6 '3 and 6 '5, with long wavy hair (back then) and long thick beards. They looked like Bigfoot themselves!) they started to hear something banging loudly against a tree, but it was too dark to see. Then a huge, tall, hairy thing walked up out of the tree line, walking on 2 feet, stopped about 6 feet from their fire and just stood there, staring at them. They both got up out of their chairs and stood there staring back at it for about 1 minute. Then, it just turned around and walked into the trees again. He said they grabbed their bags, put out the fire, left everything else there, and had to hike in the dark with a flashlight, terrified the whole way back to where they had left the truck. He said this thing was definitely Bigfoot and was way taller than both of them. How much do you bet, after they left, Bigfoot came out and had a nice dinner left behind by his 2 nice, hairy friends?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfie0827

Thanks for finding those links. So it's Melba Ketchum....no thank you.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
These days if you go out in the woods and hoot and knock on trees, if you get something in response it's probably one of the multitude of Bigfoot hunting teams out there.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Just isn't the season for bigfoot, or skunkapes. But maybe you could check up the Himalayas or Syberia and more colder climates and areas for the abominable snowman and Sasquatches, you know the more colder acclimate climate types.

Though spring is fast approaching and the whole Political climate on ATS and other sites will eventually will have to melt or drop away, tiss the season you know, surprised there have not been that much poop flinging in the political department like last year. After that passes, maybe a Bigfoot will be spotted here or there, and always likely by somebody who has a really really crappy 1980 resolution camera. There smart you know, they only let themselves be filmed by outdated tech.

As to were they are? How knows! Likely the terrestrial ones likely doing the hibernation thing, the none terrestrial ones likely orbiting Venus or the moons of Saturn in there motherships, the inter-dimensional ones likely stuck in limbo right about now due to the whole shift processing thing, and till that gets cleared up around August or September it were they will remain.

So till then, there's slim pickings for Bigfoot sightings. I know, I know life is dull on planet earth, may as well call this planet dullarth it would be a more accurate namesake. But hey at least Trump and co is there to keep you all entertained for a few months yet, don't lose hope till then, and try not to fall asleep, hard as that will be.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Why hasnt one of these creatures ever been shot and killed ? hit by a car or truck and killed ? remains found ? died of natural death ? etc i know there have been other species of animals found that ox in Vietnam etc ,these things always seem to be ''just beyond'' the reach of man ,then you have all the other weird way out dogman ,sheepsquatch ,lizard demon ,reptoids ,and other one offs that appear then disappear for years ,has to be some kind of demonic manifestations to me .

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ozb1777

Or people are just making it up 9 times out of 10. Lizard demons?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I am pending SSI and VA disability at this point as well as housing so I can hopefully acquire a vehicle and a decent bit of gear to get back out to the creeks this summer or at the latest next. You guys have no idea how these creatures are and even having seen one and having another strange encounter with them I do not either but would really love to get you guys some simple proof on tape or mic so you can understand that it is a real beast.
edit on 2-3-2016 by stabstab because: spellings

Also I plan on walking up to the point on the cliff where I heard it digging with a camera and see for myself if I can see a disturbance to soil or plant life. I gotta tell you guys I am scared to do it and I will be pretty freaked out if it looks undisturbed. One possibility I will keep in mind is that it may have been on the clifface digging so getting a good angle and view of the entire surface if possible would be helpful for ruling that in our out.
edit on 2-3-2016 by stabstab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: stabstab

Best of luck to you.

Just remember, they can hunt you, too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join