It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Did Bigfoot Go?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
He's down south visiting his cousins, the "Skunk Ape"

They have a condo and a satellite dish, plenty of Corona.... You get the picture.

They might as well hoof it to Cuba, now that it's legal. Anyone from Cuba who's seen a Bigfoot recently?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

It just isn't the right time for Bigfoot to be discovered.

The lost civilization of Sasquatches will only be found and made public when the Millennium Falcon makes the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs. Then, and only then, will they be able to live a life of peace and teach their magic and spread their knowledge about the ancient universe without fear of becoming a Rednecks wall trophy.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

Not 14 parsecs. !2 parsecs.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
OK, let me be thrashed about by nonbelievers a moment. I have hunted my whole life. It was a family activity growing up for food. I saw one in person in western Michigan when I was about 13. I was in a cut corn field in winter with about 6 inches of snow on the ground. The field had hammocks in it as it was very large. We often had deer in our yard eating off apple trees. Anyway, I was leaning up against a fence post for about 2 hours when all of a sudden I had this feeling of being watched, hair on the back of my neck stood up. It was late afternoon and I just blew it off. However, that feeling would not go away. I had obviously been looking for deer crossing the field, and not looking behind me. Being still is paramount while still hunting. After about 5 minutes I was so uncomfortable with the feeling that I turned around to rule out any reason for feeling this. And right on the edge of the hammock was a big foot standing there watching me like it was trying to cross the field, but I was causing it to be afraid to do so. I said to myself, no way I am not seeing some large ape like creature standing there. I decided to get a closer look with my scope on my rifle.

I zoomed in on it and we looked at each other a few minutes until the fear I had was too much. I bolted back to my house and never told anyone till years later when another incident in Georgia made me speak up. I had joined a hunt club which was 5,000 acres backed by the Okefenokee Swamp. It is close to 500,000 acres itself. Well, this club was for Florida boys exclusively and was full of the boys you would expect to find out there. However, they were all scared to stay in the woods past about 1600 hrs. To me being from Michigan this was the prime hunting time till dark and I could not believe these guys were scared of staying out there. After all they were all armed very well and in tree stands. They said there was a skunk ape out there they were afraid of. A skunk ape is what they call it down here due to the pungent smell they give off. There were track that had been cast by the DNR (Dept, of Natural Resources). Still, my life long friend and fellow hunter were not afraid to stay in the woods.

I was in a stand on the edge of the swamp as dark began to fall, We stayed out till we saw lights from a truck coming to get us. There are bear, poisonous snakes, panthers, etc. around so being in a stand was a safe spot. Well, that skunk ape was not far from me. It began it howling and it reverberated through my chest. It was so loud I could feel it. Very unsettling. To me it had to be withing a hundred yards, but dark in the swamp you can't see anything not very close within 15 to 20 yards. I knew why the boys were scared to be out there. In case you don't know the swamp is a very loud place to be at night. This skunk ape was so loud it drowned out everything else. And trust me there was no one stupid enough to be running around in the woods in an ape suit making tracks with hundreds of scared rednecks with guns in the woods. Whatever made the noise was not something a human could make imho. So, I don't disregard sightings or reports. However, you don't go around talking about it because of the giggle factor. The internet has only made it worse.

Here is my report at the BFRO

edit on 29/1/16 by spirit_horse because:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

These are exactly the kind of sightings I like to hear about. What makes it believable is that you're a lifelong hunter. Sure, you could be looking for attention, but why? It's not like you said, "Everytime I go hunting, I see or hear bigfoot/skunk apes." As a hunter, you have a good knowledge of exactly what you didn't see... deer, bear, etc.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

These are exactly the kind of sightings I like to hear about. What makes it believable is that you're a lifelong hunter. Sure, you could be looking for attention, but why? It's not like you said, "Everytime I go hunting, I see or hear bigfoot/skunk apes." As a hunter, you have a good knowledge of exactly what you didn't see... deer, bear, etc.

Thanks. I would expect any avid hunter to identify what it is he is going to shoot at, but sadly this may not be the case with some. I don't talk about it because there is so much negative bs out there and I personally don't trust the motives of the general public. I have spent a long time in the woods and it was chance I saw the one in Michigan. The one in Georgia I never saw, but heard and the fact the DNR cast tracks makes me believe it more. BTW, I believe it is Colorado that added big foot to their endangered species list so that none are killed by hunters. Apparently (heard it years ago), the biologists at their DNR or whatever they call in in their state believes something if they put it on the EDL.

ETA: I don't see it on Colorado's list so perhaps it was a rumor or removed later.

edit on 29/1/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Those guys on the Mountain Monsters show and the sister show Alaska Monsters seem to find evidence of Bigfoot with no problems. Heck, they've even identified different Bigfoot clans and variations of Bigfoot. The nifty traps that Willy and Wild Bill build will catch one soon enough.

Love that show...

I think there used to be some BigFoots around, but they are probably extinct. I find it odd that pretty much every civilization around the world has some depiction of a bigfoot. Given the sheer amount of technology we have now, if this creature existed I can't imagine why we haven't found any indisputable evidence beyond grainy pictures and questionable footprints. Even as rare as say Giant Squid are under water, we still have evidence of them.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

There hasn't been a thread on ATS, Hoax or slightly believable, regarding a Bigfoot/Sasquatch sighting in over a month.

We have far more strange critters to keep track of...

Trump - Quasi-human male with long teeth and hard to find on TV anymore.
Hillary - Creature gifted with hiding abilities when it is being ogled by too many.
Cruz - Dancey dodger seeking to avoid one question of which there is, yet, no answer.
Sanders - Unique in that he seeks more attention but is rarely primed for it when it arrives.

It's a very strange menagerie, indeed

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Since most sightings, on ATS anyway, seem to be North America...winter would seem to be a best explanation.

He seems to come and go. Not only on ATS, but out in the world, too. My own experience seems to bear that out. For quite a while there were stories from all over that area...knockings, various fence knockdowns, and my sighting of course. Then nothing.

Hasn't been even rumour of anything going on in this area for well over six years now. (has it really been that long?)

That would seem to indicate, maybe, a migratory critter. Never staying in one area for too long a time.

Makes sense with the longer nights.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Climate change finally got the big guy.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Those guys on the Mountain Monsters show and the sister show Alaska Monsters seem to find evidence of Bigfoot with no problems. Heck, they've even identified different Bigfoot clans and variations of Bigfoot. The nifty traps that Willy and Wild Bill build will catch one soon enough.

Love that show...

I think there used to be some BigFoots around, but they are probably extinct. I find it odd that pretty much every civilization around the world has some depiction of a bigfoot. Given the sheer amount of technology we have now, if this creature existed I can't imagine why we haven't found any indisputable evidence beyond grainy pictures and questionable footprints. Even as rare as say Giant Squid are under water, we still have evidence of them.

There is a lot of evidence if you look into it, from structures, to prints, to kill sites of deer. However, I don't think there has been a concerted effort by scientists/biologists to find them because of the giggle factor. There is one biologist that has cast and looked into prints that is convinced. The dermal ridges and mechanics involved in the tracks couldn't be faked by other than a very knowledgeable biologist in bipedal mechanics and muscle and skin structures. I don't recall his name though.

ETA: That show monsters is complete bunk. No way in hell would you be able to find crypto creatures like that in the woods.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Washington considers itself a "bigfoot sanctuary". No one is allowed to shoot one there if they happen to have the chance.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Big Foot added to US Wildlife Endangered Species List

Interesting, however a search at US FWC does not have it on their list either.

ETA: Disregard, it was posted in Humor, I didn't catch that.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Sadly I have had a vision. Bigfoot has been abducted by the Greys. They dissected him, ate him, but have samples of his DNA to use to repopulate the planet at a later time.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. As a final message to Earthlings, he wanted us to know he was sorry he has been so elusive. He said to tell us he's just shy, and his grooming skills never met our expectations. He was ashamed of that. If he had it to do over again, he would have gone to Hollywood and become a movie star. He feels he would have done well in the Planet of the Apes movies.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt

There hasn't been a thread on ATS, Hoax or slightly believable, regarding a Bigfoot/Sasquatch sighting in over a month.

We have far more strange critters to keep track of...

Trump - Quasi-human male with long teeth and hard to find on TV anymore.
Hillary - Creature gifted with hiding abilities when it is being ogled by too many.
Cruz - Dancey dodger seeking to avoid one question of which there is, yet, no answer.
Sanders - Unique in that he seeks more attention but is rarely primed for it when it arrives.

It's a very strange menagerie, indeed

If only they were half as elusive..

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I have something to speculate on that involves Bigfoot;

How long do you think an actual, scientifically proven Bigfoot Discovery would last in the media?
Now, I am not talking about "suppression" or anything of the sort, just how long do you think it would be in the news before it was taken off the front page for some Kardashian Headline?

I would give it about a 3 weeks to a month, before people stopped caring.
I would actually give the discovery of intelligent alien life about the same amount of time, unless of course they were actively engaged in our day to day lives.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
People who say bigfoot doesn't exist hasn't been deep into the woods, I'm a city boy born and raised in the San Francisco bay area, so I know this thought process very well. When served in the air force I was stationed at Eglin AFB, pretty much on the border of society and savagery. One night we got bored heard about stories of KKK cemetery hidden in the middle of the woods called Coon Hill (can see videos of coon hill on youtube) it's a well known paranormal spot thats impossible to find without locals. Headed there in the wee hours of the morning, had a whole pack of coyotes following us the whole time, cute lil buggers. We find the cemetery after a few hours of hiking into the already middle of no where. When we arrived to the cemetery we had lights walked around the cemetery tripped off the massive amounts of racoons and amardillos, the coyotes were having a grub fest, the locals were telling us about how they stick amardillos in mail boxes and how they explode, wtf! We here noise to the left side of the cemetery (cemetery is not big, I would say about a quarter football field. As soon as we heard the ruffling all the animals took off, we think the place is haunted, so we think if we shut off the lights thr ghost will appear. The moment we shut the lights off the loudest most terrifying yell Inhave ever hesrd in my life, the power from the yell can only be compared to if you have ever been to the SF Zoo they have this room they feed the lions in and when the roar it amplifies it like an opera. The next thing the two trees in front of us on the edge of the cemetery come crashing down, you cant see anything its so dark but you can here it smashing towards us, we ran for our lives, 4 airman who served in the 1SOW and two local hillbilly chicks, the most terrifying part was we were so far from civilization and hiked so far from our vehicle it was impossible to run all the way back, literally thought I was gonna die that night. We didn't initially think bigfoot or skunk ape until we told locals our story and got laughed at and was told "that wasn't no KKK demon, thats a damn skunk up there and you better watch yourselves" this was back in 2008 before all this bigfoot craziness, this was normal life in florida. My friend who was with me that night lives in sarasota florida, his neighbor is he old lady who took the picture of the skunk ape people call a hoax, when I know for a fact and that whole neighborhood in sarasota know its a legit photograph.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I thought there was a connection between this and the missing 411...

am i wrong in my asumption?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Is Bigfoot hibernating? Has the cycle of Bigfoot mania ended for now, the market completely oversaturated with "Bigfoot Hunters" yelling through the forest, banging on trees; bad cgi; and men in suits?

I want to believe in Bigfoot, as unlikely as it seems. I just notice that ATS is mostly Politics and news links lately, and there are far less of the kind of well written and presented stories and theories that were fun to speculate about. Sasquatch just happens to be my guilty pleasure, hence the wonder about where his presence is on ATS.

So, how about it? Have you seen BF lately? Personally, I have never seen a forest dwelling ape; but I DID see an Eastern Cougar, which supposedly is extinct in my area. Good enough for me.

Some Native Americans believe/d that Sasquatch like creatures dwelled underground in massive cave systems. Not with the Nazi's in the hollow earth, but a few levels up. It's likely warmer under there this time of year, so perhaps hibernation is an explanation.

Anyways, it's storming, I'm stuck in the house, and my imagination is failing me. So I'm creating this thread to see what the interesting denizens of ATS think.

Bigfoot is on vacation with Santa and God. They will come back some day.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join