It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Did Bigfoot Go?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There hasn't been a thread on ATS, Hoax or slightly believable, regarding a Bigfoot/Sasquatch sighting in over a month.

Is Bigfoot hibernating? Has the cycle of Bigfoot mania ended for now, the market completely oversaturated with "Bigfoot Hunters" yelling through the forest, banging on trees; bad cgi; and men in suits?

I want to believe in Bigfoot, as unlikely as it seems. I just notice that ATS is mostly Politics and news links lately, and there are far less of the kind of well written and presented stories and theories that were fun to speculate about. Sasquatch just happens to be my guilty pleasure, hence the wonder about where his presence is on ATS.

So, how about it? Have you seen BF lately? Personally, I have never seen a forest dwelling ape; but I DID see an Eastern Cougar, which supposedly is extinct in my area. Good enough for me.

Some Native Americans believe/d that Sasquatch like creatures dwelled underground in massive cave systems. Not with the Nazi's in the hollow earth, but a few levels up. It's likely warmer under there this time of year, so perhaps hibernation is an explanation.

Anyways, it's storming, I'm stuck in the house, and my imagination is failing me. So I'm creating this thread to see what the interesting denizens of ATS think.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Wish BigFoot was real but for his own sake it's probably best we humans never find him.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

I agree on that point. Who knows what we would subject it to. For science!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

It is weird that people don't try to hoax him anymore though. Maybe were just all too jaded, the wonder and mystery is gone from society. We don't really talk about monsters, ghosts, aliens, ect anymore because I think the amount of people who really truly believe in them has dwindled to close to nothing.

I think now, more than ever before, we as a society feel like the world has no surprises left for us...that we know everything there is to know.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Try this website

www.sasquatchchronicles.com...

Lots of decent new info on what's going on in the Sasquatch community

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The hoaxers have ruined the fun of speculation entirely.

I suppose at one time, when you believed, or wanted to believe, in something with absolutely no concrete evidence besides eyewitness accounts, it was superstition, or folklore. Now, all of the hoax videos and photos and beyond believable over-the-top claims have created a false sense of what people believe in. Does that make sense?

I certainly don't believe in Bigfoot videos, but I really want to believe that somewhere deep in the forest, there is or was something that inspired all of those old tales.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I think he's hidden for now, its cold outside, I don't blame 'em.

I'm one of those, why the hell not kind of believers.

Ooo maybe they are are all filming the next starwars movie, Chewy seems very squatchy if you ask me.

IMO the government is more dangerous, and mysterious than BF, Aliens, Ghosts and such. It's a shame, they are much more interesting.

edit on 1-29-2016 by Squirlli because: thoughts

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

Maybe, is there a sequence that requires a lot of wookies? Do you have an inside Star Wars scoop?

I hear the crew is on strike, so maybe the sasquatch are going to break some kneecaps.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I was also going to suggest Sasquatch Chronicles. They are more passionate about the subject there unlike here on ATS.

Be sure to check out the podcasts and decide for yourselves. All of those eyewitnesses can't be wrong or crazy.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the Sasquatch Chronicles links. This should satisfy me for awhile.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Either it was a dream, or I saw it and just don't remember but I swear I saw at one point a group of wookies. There were standing in a line. That's all I can remember.

I wish I had insider info for starwars....a girl can dream.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I suppose you also have to take into account that during the winter there are fewer people wandering around outside at night, so there would naturally be fewer sightings.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

My house has a ghost in it. I haven't found Bigfoot, but I've pictured a hand print I found of a small ghost on my bathroom mirror. I posted it yesterday on another thread and noticed for the first time that there is an orb in the picture, just below the hand print. I don't care for orbs, but to see one beneath a hand print I found and took a picture of was pretty cool.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Some Native Americans believe/d that Sasquatch like creatures dwelled underground in massive cave systems.

I don't know if the following would be considered off topic or not but here goes:

There are also underground river systems. Many of them link up to cave systems. Some are still unexplored. Take the Lost River in Indiana, for instance.

The Lost River is about 87 miles (140 km) long,[3] and its name is derived from the fact that at least 23 miles (37 km) of the primary course of the river flows completely underground. The river's underground channels may in fact cover hundreds of miles, as the underground caverns have never been fully explored.

Lost River

Then there's one in Mexico, which is believed the longest yet discovered.

Divers exploring a maze of underwater caves on Mexico's Yucat‡n Peninsula have identified what may be the longest underground river in the world. The waterway twists and turns for 95 miles (153 kilometers) through the region's limestone caverns, said British diver Stephen Bogaerts, who made the discovery with German colleague Robbie Schmittner.

Mexican underground river

I wonder how well a Sasquatch can swim or how long one can hold its breath.

There are also cave systems yet to be discovered. Take Mammoth Cave, for example.

It is estimated that over 600 miles of unexplored cave may yet be discovered.

Mommoth Cave

There are plenty of hiding places for a Sasquatch. The problem is finding them.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I'm actually just going to take a minute to picture hoards of Sasquatch bobbing around "lazy river" style with everyone's missing pool accessories. This is the real reason Bigfoot is in your backyard. Nothing to fear.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I didn't take that into account. Good point.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Since most sightings, on ATS anyway, seem to be North America...winter would seem to be a best explanation.

He seems to come and go. Not only on ATS, but out in the world, too. My own experience seems to bear that out. For quite a while there were stories from all over that area...knockings, various fence knockdowns, and my sighting of course. Then nothing.

Hasn't been even rumour of anything going on in this area for well over six years now. (has it really been that long?)

That would seem to indicate, maybe, a migratory critter. Never staying in one area for too long a time.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Perhaps they hibernate as do bears. That characteristic would depend a lot upon what they tend to naturally eat. Rarely, is it suggested that they eat meat so that would be reason for them being quiet in the winter. Being bipedal, as are we, doesn't work too well in deep snow either.

edit on 29-1-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: seagull

He's travelled down the lazy river I guess.

Would you indulge me and share a short account of your sighting, even if it's been posted before?

link   
He's down south visiting his cousins, the "Skunk Ape"

They have a condo and a satellite dish, plenty of Corona.... You get the picture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join