It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help with explaining bikers insignia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hello,

interesting image just landed in my inbox:

I see there:

1. skull/clown face with scarf and crossed riffles (AK-47?) completing classical figure

2. in background is some vertical symbol supplemented with "%" and "ER" characters on right side

Misspelled "INGLORIOUS BASTERDS" may have also some meaning.

Men pictured is running pub in Prague, Czech Republic.

Have you any idea what the patch on his left shoulder could mean?

UPDATE:

"BIELSKI OTRIAD" is probably linked to Bielski partisans. "Otriad" is squad or any small military/guerilla unit, Bielski is family name of this unit leaders. They operated during WWII on territory now occupied by state Belarus.
edit on 29-1-2016 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

1% refers to a member who has killed someone,"Inglorious Bastards" is the title of a war film.

Don't know more than that,sorry.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter

1% refers to a member who has killed someone,"Inglorious Bastards" is the title of a war film.

Don't know more than that,sorry.

1% er refers to the one percent of motorcycle club members that were criminal in the 1940's. Ity dates from 1947:
Definition

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Does the pub have good cold beer?

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

No 1% means they are outlaws, not that they kill people IE: 99% of bikers are law abiding citizens

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Here is some info re: right/starboard chest plate..

www.facebook.com...

Shake Me if they do a Fonzie routine... hahahahaha

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Do I understand it well that the large vertical symbol in background is number "1" accompanied by "%": ie one percent of something. OK. But what "ER" string which seems to be bound to this 1% expression?

Also as I understand it this insignia have nothing to do with "Jews" clan but everything with "bikers" clan?

Oh now I see it in butcherguy linked article:

"The term caught on and new motorcycle gangs emerged, called the "one-percenters," which included the Hells Angels."
So it should read like:
1percentER

And meaning is: I'm bad guy.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
That's an interesting picture. I looked up "Jewtown Prague" and it looks like it's a Jewish ghetto in Prague.
en.wikipedia.org...

That combined with "Star of Davidson" and "Bielski Otriad" makes it look like he's almost certainly a Jewish biker. Bielski Otriad is the name of a Jewish partisan group who fought against the Nazi's in WWII in German occupied Poland.
en.wikipedia.org...

"Inglorious Basterds" is a 2009 film. The movie was about a group of Jewish US soldiers who tried to assassinate Nazi leaders. However it's a Quentin Tarantino film and I don't believe it's historically accurate.

The high quality of the photo (it just looks too good to be WWII era, but I'm not a photographer) plus the reference to a modern day movie makes me suspect it's a hoax photo. But I don't know why someone would create a fake jewish biker WWII vet. Maybe they are just bored and want to screw with ATS tinfoil hat types?

But it could be a legit Jewish biker in who likes the movie and has a relative who fought in WWII, and for some reason can't afford a color camera?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

It is used to mean 'one percenter' as in they are of the 1%. a 1%er as a noun.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The gun he's holding doesn't look WWII era either. I'm guessing it's a modern day Jewish biker who is wearing WWII patches and can't afford a color camera.

*EDIT: I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure that's a Picatinny rail on his rifle. It was adopted in 1995.
en.wikipedia.org...

Someone with more firearm experience could probably identify it better than I could though.
edit on 1/29/16 by peskyhumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Here is what you find when you do an image search on 'one percenter patches':
link

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

The gun and its optic, the 'tacticool' shades, the teeshirt and the right breast patch which looks to be one of the modern rubber kind all screams modern. The historic patches are probably modern productions too, as the 'ingorious basterds' one most certainly is.

Also just noticed a small pin of a modern bullpup rifle under the 1%er patch.
edit on 29/1/2016 by Learningman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
First of all thanks to all participants - we solved almost all unknowns in minutes.

It is contemporary picture for sure, probably captured on digital camera and desaturated later.

Ones again many thanks.

BTW now I realize that both text lines on his left side are titles/themes of two recent Hollywood flicks:
Defience and Inglourious Basterds

Lack of imagination?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

No 1% means they are outlaws, not that they kill people IE: 99% of bikers are law abiding citizens

1%er actually initially referred to motorcycle clubs which were not officially sanctioned by bike manufacturers. The original motorcycle clubs were basically riding groups, created to promote the buying and riding of motorcycles. It has since been co-opted into the current meaning as you described it, though it's a bit more nuanced than simply indicating that they're law breakers. It would be more accurate to say they're "outlaws" in that they follow their own set of laws/code/rules, etc. If those happen to be against "The Law" - well, they don't care.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Yes, that is what I supposed. Thank you for nice clarification.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Its 1% 13

13th letter of alphabet is M

M is arijuana

Drug reference
edit on America/ChicagoFri, 29 Jan 2016 14:04:30 -0600Fri, 29 Jan 2016 14:04:30 -06002016Fri, 29 Jan 2016 14:04:30 -06002016-01-29T14:04:30-06:00201629America/Chicago by errorcode because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

How do you think they get the patch?

Any 3 piece patch club has to be willing to kill in order to maintain their territory.

I'm willing to assume the possibility that the inglorious bastards patch is a patch given to enforcers. Kind of like the filthy few.
edit on 1/29/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Listen, I'm not sure exactly what is going on in that photo. There is nothing on the jacket to indicate exactly which Outlaw Biker Gang he is supposed to be affiliated with. Wearing that 1% patch is stupid if this is a hoax photo, which I think it is. These guys take this seriously and I wouldn't even be spreading something like that around if you don't know what you are looking at, regardless of your intent. Not to mention that plenty of 1% gangs are often associated with white supremacist views, so the Jewish references could be meaningful in a couple of different ways.

My advice, take it down. It's hard to figure out exactly what this photo is trying to say and who may stumble across it even here. I wouldn't even mess with it.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

A little more research reveals that there is indeed a Star of Davidson biker gang, but I don't think that it is an outlaw biker gang, so... not 1%ers.

The members of the Star of Davidson Motorcycle Club...

New York Times

Although that article is ten years old, so... All the same. I would drop it, but I wanted to clarify that I was wrong and he was wearing something that indicated a specific gang affiliation.

SM2

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Star of Davidson is not a 3 piece patch club, nor 1%er's . They are (or at least used to be) a jewish motorcycle riding club that was more or less an offshoot of HOG (harley owners group). Why that guy is wearing a 1% patch, I have no clue, maybe he, himself is a 1%er. Nothing says you have to have a three piece to rock the 1% patch. It just signifies you, the bearer of said patch belong to the outlaw motorcycle brotherhood (not to be confused with the Outlaw Motorcycle Club), however, if you were in a RC (riding club) and are a 1%er, I would have to think that wouldnt sit well with the RC as it would bring a "negative image" to them. I can personally speak of such things with some authority on the matter. That authority does not come from lame a%$ TV shows either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join